http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 02:08:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In the mood for a good action movie? (Dawn of the Dead 2004)  (Read 1320 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2004, 06:25:40 PM »

So I just got this on Netflix and watched it thinking it would be really cheesy, but I really liked it.  It was a great action flick!  Wow, that was a fun movie (if you can get over the apocolypse and all).  Definitely recommend for some action fans.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 07:04:37 PM »

surprisingly good movie especially if you were a fan of the original as i was

Albion
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 08:50:32 PM »

Thanx for the thumbs up! I'll have to check it out after the Holidays!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 11:31:47 PM »

I agree, very good movie. I love how the priest tries to save the day by picking up a chainsaw and it ends up slicing the lady in half. Good stuff!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 12:33:42 AM »

Yes, I really enjoyed that movie.  The characters were so much deeper than they are in many horror movies: Andy, the gun store owner was also a great chess player; Michael was a great father but an awful husband...the little details make you a lot more attached to the characters than in most movies of this genre.

SPOILERS BELOW[/u]

The only thing I wish had been done differently was the development of the pregnant woman.  What we got was certainly horrific, but it would have been even more so if we'd seen more of her as her health decayed, the baby began behaving unusually....

I actually know someone who had to stop watching the movie during the "birth" scene.  What a great horror flick!

-Autistic Angel
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 05:57:08 AM »

yep, thumbs up from me too smile

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 05:58:23 AM »

Very much enjoyed it, way better than i expected!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 10:37:57 AM »

I was disappointed and thought it was more of the same.  I get sick of the stupid illogical people and retarded plot "twists" you can see coming from a mile away.  I found the movie literally laughable, as that was the only way I could enjoy it.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 11:04:04 PM »

Other than the plot point I give in the spoiler area, I didn't really find any unforgivable illogicical characters or plot twists, given the situation. Could you give some examples?

**spoiler area**

For me the one bad spot was when the person drove out after the dog. I guess if I was willing to REALLY stretch, I could chalk it up to hysterics and her seeing the dog as surrogate family since she had lost everyone at that point.  But I still wish they had found another way to get everyone to that place.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 11:47:23 PM »

I enjoyed it in the theater. Not quite enough to pick it up on DVD, at least not yet, but enough to have felt satisfied having paid for a ticket for it.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 12:23:04 AM »

I too thought it was solid and liked for the most part how the characters made solid strategic moves and did not do anything stupid like typical horror flicks like split up in the darksearching for a light bulb
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: