http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 09:50:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Weed?
Nope. Users are Losers Legal or Illegal - 23 (59%)
Yes.  I'll at least try it - 7 (17.9%)
Yes. I'm already blazing spliffs anyway - 8 (20.5%)
Undecided - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Weed is Legalize Nationwide, Will You Celebrate 420?  (Read 2163 times)
morlac
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 12:54:08 AM »

Quote from: Biyobi on November 09, 2012, 10:47:39 PM

I'll light up if I have trouble sleeping.  A few hits (and a cookie) and I'm out like a light.

I started smoking weed about ten years ago and I was already in my 30s at that point.  I used to go out a couple nights per week drinking but weed supplanted that.  No hangover, no jackholes to put up with at the bar, cheaper by a long shot, and FOOD.TASTES.SO.F'ING.AWESOME!! nod

#1 but started in my early 20's.   Coming from a family of alcoholic binge drinkers I find the MaryJane a better alternative to unwind with.  Quit taking sleeping aids, quit taking anti depressants and feel better overall.  Food does taste better and games are more fun smile smoke

morlac00 on PSN
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 02:53:52 AM »

I was probably one of the biggest potheads in high school.  But I havent touched the stuff since I turned 18 and Im 41 now. That said, If it was legalized on a federal level, I would probably indulge from time to time. 
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2012, 03:07:23 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on November 09, 2012, 07:54:51 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 09, 2012, 05:51:27 PM

Users are losers, legal or illegal?!  Stay classy ATB.

My sister fought cancer for the better part of 2 decades.  During most of that time she smoked legal marijuana to help offset the pain and nausea, that poisoning her body with chemo-therapy to survive, caused.  She is an intelligent, vibrant, hardworking mother of three, with a loving supportive husband.  I find the implications of your "poll" very offensive.   Seriously, do you ever think of the implications of the things you post prior to typing?  To be honest, after what my family has gone through, I would be hard pressed not to knock you on your ass if you said something like that to me in person.  You really need to start keeping your bigotry and prejudice to yourself.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Unfortunely there are many situations like your sisters.I can certainy see your point, but I do not believe there was ill intent involved here.

Thanks for that Harpua.  Unfortunately while my sis has achieved full remission and is now cancer free, other family members have not been as lucky, which may explain my rather strong feelings on the matter.   As far as ATB,  I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt except for two things.  He has a history of posting in an inflammatory manner and then claiming innocence or ignorance and after his reply to me, well you can see how I can doubt his "innocence" when posting.  I dont mind the shots he took at me, I can take it and in fact coming from a person like him, I can even feel somewhat honored to earn his bile.  Categorizing my sisters cancer, a disease that effects millions, as a random circumstance just shows how ignorant he truly is.   He is the kind of person who makes me hope that karma is real.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2012, 03:33:53 AM »

When I was in my teens (1970s) reefer was part of my identity and the sacrament of our subculture. I thought the world would be a far better place if everybody got high. (shrug) I outgrew that. Some people are suited for it, some aren't. I don't try to change their minds...but I do wish they'd leave me in peace, too. So on that level I support legalization, even if it would ruin the fun of skulking around.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »

I'd probably try it if it was legalized in my state.    It would have to be made 'ok' by my workplace too though -- don't want to lose my job.

My problem with pot users has never been the pot.   It's the breaking of the law part that I have a problem with.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 10, 2012, 03:07:23 AM

Categorizing my sisters cancer, a disease that effects millions, as a random circumstance just shows how ignorant he truly is.  

Reading comprehension for the loss. Me knowing that you had a sister with cancer when I started a thread completely unrelated to diseases is the random circumstance.  Everything is not a personal attack on you or your life...do the math.  

You tying a pop culture reference from 20 years ago into somehow maligning your sister shows you are just looking for a reason to have your feelings hurt.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:59:52 PM by ATB » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2012, 03:17:05 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 10, 2012, 02:54:55 PM

Categorizing my sisters cancer, a disease that effects millions, as a random circumstance just shows how ignorant he truly is.  

Reading comprehension for the loss. Me knowing that you had a sister with cancer when I started a thread completely unrelated to diseases is the random circumstance.  Everything is not a personal attack on you or your life...do the math.  

You tying a pop culture reference from 20 years ago into somehow maligning your sister shows you are just looking for a reason to have your feelings hurt.

Stop playing the victim! You're not fooling anyone.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2012, 04:14:05 PM »

Firmly in support of legalization. The medicinal benefits, the taxation possibilities, the end of billions spent on imprisoning and punishing non violent offenders, just to name a few reasons why.

I agree that there should be an option on the poll for people who have no desire to toke but don't consider those who do losers.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 10, 2012, 03:17:05 PM

Quote from: ATB on November 10, 2012, 02:54:55 PM

Stop playing the victim! You're not fooling anyone.

Not. Just trying to insert some reason into the equation. I understand if that doesn't make sense to you.
brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »

Never have tried it and never will, but if people want to do it, go ahead.     Need to find a reliable way to test for it in people who are driving under the influence though.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »

I cannot for the life of me figure out if its more harmful than cigarettes and alcohol or not.

I have close family who's life has been screwed over by living a life of alcohol or drugs, and is now paying the price (Memory loss, poor health, unable to work) and as late as this week a local rapper tells about a Hash psychosis that caused him to attack a girl.

Then on the other hand, its medicinal and used by many people who apparently never have any issues with it?

I tried it twice myself, and was extremely sick so have stayed away after that, but man - Its difficult for me to understand what the difference is between these two views on the drug.

A new one
RLMullen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2012, 06:05:45 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on November 10, 2012, 04:53:25 PM

Need to find a reliable way to test for it in people who are driving under the influence though.

There is... the stoners are the ones driving in the right lane ten MPH below the speed limit.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 10, 2012, 06:00:43 PM

I cannot for the life of me figure out if its more harmful than cigarettes and alcohol or not.

I have close family who's life has been screwed over by living a life of alcohol or drugs, and is now paying the price (Memory loss, poor health, unable to work) and as late as this week a local rapper tells about a Hash psychosis that caused him to attack a girl.

Then on the other hand, its medicinal and used by many people who apparently never have any issues with it?

I tried it twice myself, and was extremely sick so have stayed away after that, but man - Its difficult for me to understand what the difference is between these two views on the drug.

I've tried it a couple times as well, and decided it's not for me. But I think the answer to your question is simple enough -- moderation. Same thing with alcohol.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »

Hmm, well, Alcohol is pretty dangerous, even in moderation. Its the number one cause of deaths through disease in Denmark...or is it number 2 after smoking? Never can remember, so - Those two no matter how fiercely people deny it, as if their freedom depended on it, are downright lethal to everyone.

A new one
RLMullen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2012, 06:24:50 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 10, 2012, 06:12:04 PM

Hmm, well, Alcohol is pretty dangerous, even in moderation.

No it isn't.  Alcohol is basically harmless when used *in moderation*.  In fact some alcoholic beverages have measurable health benefits -- red wine -- when used *in moderation*.

What is your definition of "in moderation"?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2012, 06:58:18 PM »

Quote from: RLMullen on November 10, 2012, 06:24:50 PM

Quote from: Razgon on November 10, 2012, 06:12:04 PM

Hmm, well, Alcohol is pretty dangerous, even in moderation.

No it isn't.  Alcohol is basically harmless when used *in moderation*.  In fact some alcoholic beverages have measurable health benefits -- red wine -- when used *in moderation*.

What is your definition of "in moderation"?

Well, according to your own CDC there is this  ( http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/faqs.htm#moderateDrinking)

According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans,1 moderate alcohol consumption is defined as having up to 1 drink per day for women and up to 2 drinks per day for men. This definition is referring to the amount consumed on any single day and is not intended as an average over several days. The Dietary Guidelines also state that it is not recommended that anyone begin drinking or drink more frequently on the basis of potential health benefits because moderate alcohol intake also is associated with increased risk of breast cancer, violence, drowning, and injuries from falls and motor vehicle crashes.

The danish equivalent says the same, but I doubt it would be readable to you ;-)

So yeah, more than one/two drinks a day is bad, it seems.

I doubt thats the problem with alcohol normally though, its when people drink more in one day, like, at parties things potentially gets messy.

Smoking is much worse though, especially since it carries a much higher risk for bystanders, if thats the correct word.

A new one
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »

Quote from: RLMullen on November 10, 2012, 06:05:45 PM

Quote from: brettmcd on November 10, 2012, 04:53:25 PM

Need to find a reliable way to test for it in people who are driving under the influence though.

There is... the stoners are the ones driving in the right lane ten MPH below the speed limit.

You left out "while chowin down a whopper" 

brettmcd

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 11:38:23 PM »

I know its fun to joke about, but it is a serious issue that a solution needs to be found for.   Driving while drunk or high needs to be dealt with and people thrown in jail if they are doing it.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2012, 01:37:11 AM »

To chime in, from the toilet, pls read my other post and give any ideas if possible...

A few things, alcohol is not the good part of having red wine daily. Its the other things in the wine that are good for you in moderation. As much as I love it, and my wife can't ever see that I said this, alcohol is POISON. Literally. The effects of drinking are the effects of poisoning yourself, to a degree.

Next thing, sure people shouldn't get all stoned and drive. Nor should one eat, drink, use phones, shave, masterbate, or really perform any other activity while driving, besides driving carefully.

I'm having a really bad stomach issue as we speak, and yes, this on topic. I've been told by numerous sources that marijuana is good for helping these things, specifically the cramps. Even my wife found that online and suggested it!

As far as the smoking part. Well you can cut that right out. Marijuana can be eaten or you could use a vaporizer, there are other options.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2012, 01:41:28 AM »

DUI covers driving under the influence of any drug.  The system already has it handled. People do get thrown in jail while doing so. The police are trained to recognize the influence of THC as well as that of alcohol.  Im not sure what else they could do beyond setting up urinalysis roadblocks.  

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 11, 2012, 01:41:28 AM

DUI covers driving under the influence of any drug.  The system already has it handled. People do get thrown in jail while doing so. The police are trained to recognize the influence of THC as well as that of alcohol.  Im not sure what else they could do beyond setting up urinalysis roadblocks.  

It reacts alot different to your body than alcohol does. THC "sticks" to your fat cells. As far urinalysis roadblocks go, would they have a hard time telling when you ingested the drug? Like getting a DUI for smoking 2 days prior?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2012, 02:43:03 AM »

Consider the challenge of catching Lance Armstrong on a DUI charge ... I mean, he managed to dope up constantly without getting caught...

slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2012, 02:45:27 AM »

for medicinal uses, smoking the plant is the worst, most unhealthy way to ingest THC. eat or vaporize the oil instead.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: