http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 11:49:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Weed?
Nope. Users are Losers Legal or Illegal - 23 (59%)
Yes.  I'll at least try it - 7 (17.9%)
Yes. I'm already blazing spliffs anyway - 8 (20.5%)
Undecided - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Weed is Legalize Nationwide, Will You Celebrate 420?  (Read 1837 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2012, 12:43:38 PM »

Assuming you don't already...will the fact that weed becomes a legal drug entice you to try it if you haven't?

Not sure I could smoke anything ever.  Pot brownie one time? Maybe. I mean if they taste good.

I have maybe 5 drinks a year. Wonder if weed would become a similar thing in my life...

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:45:20 PM by ATB » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:47:51 PM »

I've always wanted to try it once, but would never make it a habit.  Mainly because Mrs. Gratch would not approve in the least.

Besides, I can't really see Utah legalizing it anytime soon.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 01:56:14 PM »

I tried it when i was a big smoker(Pack of Marlboro a day) end of last century,hated it and never saw its appeal,I guess it's a Marmite thing(do you guys have Marmite?>>you either love it or hate it)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:07:40 PM »

I would celebrate 420 but not by "potting up" as those in the know are calling it these days. I would celebrate knowing that a horrible period in our society has come to an end, where billions of dollars were was wasted on an immoral war and thousands of lives were ruined (disproportionately black) for partaking in an innocent activity no more harmful than drinking a few beers. The war on drugs makes Prohibition look like a brilliant idea. I say this as someone who has never smoked pot or indulged in any other illegal drugs in my whole life. Hopefully Washington and Colorado have started an inexorable shift towards a more free society. All it takes is one state. Two is a bonus.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »

Never tried it, and never will. I don't see the appeal. Then again, I don't even find the intoxicating effects of alcohol to be pleasant. More like frustrating. I like to be in control of my mind and body. If either slips away (except from natural sleep) I experience nothing but frustration.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »

Never tried it and never will.  That being said, when the amendment came up for Colorado, I voted to legalize it because it is pretty dumb you can drink but not smoke pot.  For the record, I don't drink, either.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 04:33:40 PM »

Yes. It's silly that it isn't legal in all 50 states. I'm not a heavy user but I would toke up once in a while.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »

I live in Washington state and voted to legalize it. I have not smoked it in at least ten years and I don't drink. Like others I think it's high time (giggle) that pot was legal. If I could walk into a store and buy some I might try it again.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 05:33:01 PM »

Why is there not a no vote that doesn't call users losers?
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2012, 05:33:01 PM

This.  You're biasing the results based on your wording.

I wouldn't celebrate by getting high, but not because I disagree with it.  I've smoked in the past but not for several years and just don't even drink except on rare occasions these days.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »

Users are losers, legal or illegal?!  Stay classy ATB.

My sister fought cancer for the better part of 2 decades.  During most of that time she smoked legal marijuana to help offset the pain and nausea, that poisoning her body with chemo-therapy to survive, caused.  She is an intelligent, vibrant, hardworking mother of three, with a loving supportive husband.  I find the implications of your "poll" very offensive.   Seriously, do you ever think of the implications of the things you post prior to typing?  To be honest, after what my family has gone through, I would be hard pressed not to knock you on your ass if you said something like that to me in person.  You really need to start keeping your bigotry and prejudice to yourself.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »

Mods you may want to move this topic to R&P as it is probably far to political in nature for the off topic forums, not to mention likely to get somewhat polarizing. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »

I smoked for 10-15 years. And I still have friends who do, but maybe it's my age or whatever now, stronger weed maybe, but instead of a nice mellow buzz I just get paranoid now.

However, there are times it would be nice to sit at home and relax.

I wouldn't want my daughters to know though.    Roll Eyes
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 06:02:57 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 09, 2012, 05:33:01 PM

Consider the source.

Ale
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 09, 2012, 05:51:27 PM

Users are losers, legal or illegal?!  Stay classy ATB.

My sister fought cancer for the better part of 2 decades.  During most of that time she smoked legal marijuana to help offset the pain and nausea, that poisoning her body with chemo-therapy to survive, caused.  She is an intelligent, vibrant, hardworking mother of three, with a loving supportive husband.  I find the implications of your "poll" very offensive.   Seriously, do you ever think of the implications of the things you post prior to typing?  To be honest, after what my family has gone through, I would be hard pressed not to knock you on your ass if you said something like that to me in person.  You really need to start keeping your bigotry and prejudice to yourself.

You're not from the states are you? Oh wait you are.  Then you must have gone off the rails during this national ad campaign.

And don't be such a crybaby. I'm sorry I didn't take into account a random circumstance that I had no idea of knowing when I threw in a pop culture reference.  If you clicked that link, please also forgive me if you had a dog growing up who wore a trenchcoat and now you're all weepy because it died saving you from drowning or that you were a child actor who had a few commercials in your heyday and now you're lamenting that your career never went anywhere.

This.  You're biasing the results based on your wording.

It's not meant to be a scientific poll.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 06:44:39 PM »

I'm betting that Obama will be caught with a joint roughly the size of a Schnauzer at some point during his second term.  That's when scandals happen, I've heard.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 07:02:55 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 09, 2012, 06:44:39 PM

I'm betting that Obama will be caught with a joint roughly the size of a Schnauzer at some point during his second term.  That's when scandals happen, I've heard.

Pretty sure he blazes:

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 07:05:05 PM »

Nah.  Booze is enough for me.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 07:06:31 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 09, 2012, 07:05:05 PM

That's all the vice I need

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 07:13:21 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 09, 2012, 07:05:05 PM

Yup, though I do love the smell at concerts - adds to the atmosphere

tapatalkin'

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 07:46:43 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 09, 2012, 12:47:51 PM

I've always wanted to try it once, but would never make it a habit.  Mainly because Mrs. Gratch would not approve in the least.

Besides, I can't really see Utah legalizing it anytime soon.

Multiple wives. Check.

Medical marijuana. Unfortunately not so much.

Makes zero sense to me.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:50:01 PM by Harpua3 » Logged
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »

My sister fought cancer for the better part of 2 decades.  During most of that time she smoked legal marijuana to help offset the pain and nausea, that poisoning her body with chemo-therapy to survive, caused.  She is an intelligent, vibrant, hardworking mother of three, with a loving supportive husband.  I find the implications of your "poll" very offensive.   Seriously, do you ever think of the implications of the things you post prior to typing?  To be honest, after what my family has gone through, I would be hard pressed not to knock you on your ass if you said something like that to me in person.  You really need to start keeping your bigotry and prejudice to yourself.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Unfortunely there are many situations like your sisters.I can certainy see your point, but I do not believe there was ill intent involved here.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »

Frankly, I'd love to see the use of THC replace alcohol as the drug of choice. Because that is what they both are - but one doesn't lead to domestic violence - instead it leads to complacent and paranoid people who want to nap.

I have a few friends and relatives who regularly partake in said activities - and just like any other substance, there is use and abuse. If someone is determined to shut the world out, it doesn't matter how they shut the door.

I've partaken in it (TBH, the opportunity comes up maybe once a month, and depending on the mood and whether I`m willing to put up with the `rusty`feeling in the morning), and I've enjoyed it in social circumstances. I want to see this legalization happen to squash the subculture that rallies behind it - there shouldn't BE a movement over it.

The poll options are flimsy (sorry ATB, but not being scientific doesn't cover insulting your audience).
Also, your "celebrate" in the title doesn't mean someone is going to light up - I wouldn't seek out weed on April 20, but I might go down to the parliament (assuming the legality is in place) to show that I support this move.

It's the US lobby group and the foreign treaties that hold back Canada from "blazing" a trail - if the US were to pass the peace pipe though, I can't see there being any further resistance. The fact that the FDA classified Marijuana as a Schedule I drug is RIDICULOUS. Not as in the colloquial use meaning outrageous, but the proper definition: Deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd..

Yeah.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on November 09, 2012, 07:54:51 PM

I can certainy see your point, but I do not believe there was ill intent involved here.

Yeah, it was just ignorance. It would help if ATB tried to actually combat his ignorance, but I don't think there's much hope of that. It's easier to grow a thicker skin.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear that. Unfortunely there are many situations like your sisters.I can certainy see your point, but I do not believe there was ill intent involved here.

I'm ATB's sworn enemy this week and even I don't believe he meant any harm with the choice of wording.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 08:29:07 PM »

Agreed purge. Despite anyone opinions on this subject matter...really classified in the same category as HEROIN is absolutely insanity. Obviously that is not correct, far from it.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 08:55:35 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2012, 08:11:12 PM

I can certainy see your point, but I do not believe there was ill intent involved here.

Yeah, it was just ignorance. It would help if ATB tried to actually combat his ignorance,

Please to be explaining  what I'm ignorant about in this case. I'm obviously not ignorant about XCOM's cheating AI and glitches.

Quote from: hepcat
I'm ATB's sworn enemy this week and even I don't believe he meant any harm with the choice of wording.

Only this week?  
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 09, 2012, 08:55:35 PM

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2012, 08:11:12 PM

Yeah, it was just ignorance. It would help if ATB tried to actually combat his ignorance,

Please to be explaining  what I'm ignorant about in this case. I'm obviously not ignorant about XCOM's cheating AI and glitches.

I apologize. I meant to say that you're a troll.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »

I've enjoyed getting high since I was 16, so that's pretty nearly 40 years now. I don't really care if it's legal or not.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 09:34:13 PM »

I LOL`d

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 10:18:21 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on November 09, 2012, 09:11:37 PM

I've enjoyed getting high since I was 16, so that's pretty nearly 40 years now. I don't really care if it's legal or not.

Ding. Ding.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on November 09, 2012, 10:18:21 PM

Bong. Bong.

FTFY

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2012, 10:20:30 PM

Bong. Bong.

FTFY

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 10:36:37 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2012, 10:20:30 PM

Bong. Bong.

FTFY

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »

I'll light up if I have trouble sleeping.  A few hits (and a cookie) and I'm out like a light.

I started smoking weed about ten years ago and I was already in my 30s at that point.  I used to go out a couple nights per week drinking but weed supplanted that.  No hangover, no jackholes to put up with at the bar, cheaper by a long shot, and FOOD.TASTES.SO.F'ING.AWESOME!! nod
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2012, 10:58:49 PM »

Never had a desire to try it, legal or not.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2012, 11:10:34 PM »

Quote from: Biyobi on November 09, 2012, 10:47:39 PM

I started smoking weed about ten years ago and I was already in my 30s at that point.  I used to go out a couple nights per week drinking but weed supplanted that.  No hangover, no jackholes to put up with at the bar, cheaper by a long shot, and FOOD.TASTES.SO.F'ING.AWESOME!! nod

Funny, I have the exact opposite view.  I only drink cause it's a great activity to pass time with friends.  I have no desire to sit at home and drink or light up alone.  And since bars in CA have banned smoking, I don't see it taking over from alcohol anytime soon.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2012, 12:12:18 AM »

Quote from: Biyobi on November 09, 2012, 10:47:39 PM

A few hits (and a cookie)

icon_lol
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 12:15:20 AM »

Quote from: Laner on November 09, 2012, 10:58:49 PM

Never had a desire to try it, legal or not.

Same
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: