http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 11:50:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice Age 2 Teaser Trailer  (Read 1346 times)
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2005, 01:52:43 AM »

linky

Glorious.

In other news, there apparently will be a sequel to Ice Age.

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 02:12:15 AM »

Yes, it looks cool. I liked Ice Age, although considerably less upon repeated viewings than I did the first time. I am excited for a sequel.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 04:20:06 AM »

man oh man the first was horrible.  I was suprised to hear there's a sequel.  

And before Rage or anyone says I just don't like these types of movies, that's so far from the truth.  I like most of Pixars movies, I also loved Iron Giant and others I can't remember the names of.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 05:20:54 AM »

I saw the teaser in front of Robots tonight. Very funny.
I liked Robots too. smile

warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 05:45:51 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"

DOOM ON YOU!

DOOM ON YOU!

DOOM ON YOU!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 05:57:18 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"

And before Rage or anyone says I just don't like these types of movies, that's so far from the truth.  I like most of Pixars movies, I also loved Iron Giant and others I can't remember the names of.

Probably my least favorite of the current generation of animated films as well, so no real reaming from me on it. Of course I never saw shark tale and have no intention. It just looked like pure drek. I do need to see a bugs life, however, which I never saw and I heard was delightful. I never saw Antz either... hmmm.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 06:07:15 AM »

Oddly enough, I actually liked Antz far more than A Bug's Life. That's the lone Pixar movie that never once clicked for me, and what I consider their only true stumble. Conversely, I think the rest of DreamWorks Animation's CG films have been pop-culture based 15-minutes of fame forgettable flicks that are funny when you first see them, and not so much the second time. Both Shrek films were funny the first time (the second far more so) but they're a series of spoofs whose targets will be forgotten in 20 years. Compare that with Pixar's films which tackle mature themes that will not go out of style. OJ jokes are stale and lame today, and will be even more so 30 years from now. A father's love for his son and his reluctance to let his son grow up in "Finding Nemo" is something that will still be relevant 10 generations from now.

Ice Age was pure pop culture fluff, and nothing more than that to me. That being said, Scrat (the acorn-obsessed squirrel-thing) has me in hysterics every time he shows up in the first film. The rest of the movie was "eh," save for the genius Dodo scene, but whenever Scrat would show up I would just lose it. Considering that was the first time my wife-to-be ever saw me shed tears in a theater from uncontrollable laughter makes the movie special in a way. Watching the trailer tonight I again was in uncontrollable hysterics, with outright tears when Scrat plugged the hole with his mouth and his cheeks started filling up. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 06:14:53 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Oddly enough, I actually liked Antz far more than A Bug's Life. That's the lone Pixar movie that never once clicked for me, and what I consider their only true stumble. Conversely, I think the rest of DreamWorks Animation's CG films have been pop-culture based 15-minutes of fame forgettable flicks that are funny when you first see them, and not so much the second time. Both Shrek films were funny the first time (the second far more so) but they're a series of spoofs whose targets will be forgotten in 20 years. Compare that with Pixar's films which tackle mature themes that will not go out of style. OJ jokes are stale and lame today, and will be even more so 30 years from now. A father's love for his son and his reluctance to let his son grow up in "Finding Nemo" is something that will still be relevant 10 generations from now.

Ice Age was pure pop culture fluff, and nothing more than that to me. That being said, Scrat (the acorn-obsessed squirrel-thing) has me in hysterics every time he shows up in the first film. The rest of the movie was "eh," save for the genius Dodo scene, but whenever Scrat would show up I would just lose it. Considering that was the first time my wife-to-be ever saw me shed tears in a theater from uncontrollable laughter makes the movie special in a way. Watching the trailer tonight I again was in uncontrollable hysterics, with outright tears when Scrat plugged the hole with his mouth and his cheeks started filling up. biggrin

SKIM!! I have a cool idea. Lets list our favorite animated films of the last...10 years. Like, top 5 or so. Starting with..Toy Story 1 in terms of age? Then we can chat about why I am right and you are wrong!!  :twisted:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 06:15:43 AM »

Vas is das problem with bugs life? Trying to avoid spoilers if you can pleaaasssseeeee.
lokiju

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 06:48:53 AM »

Man on man, I must have watched the first one 20 times.  I have high hopes for this sequel!  When I hear someone say this didn't like the first, I realize just how different people really are.  I thought the humor was brilliant in #1.

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 06:56:37 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Vas is das problem with bugs life? Trying to avoid spoilers if you can pleaaasssseeeee.

Both Antz and Bugs Life deal with the "believe in yourself" and "the little guy can save the day" stories that are generations old. I just thought Antz told the story better. Saying Pixar made a bad film means it's in the Top 10 of that year instead of the Top 3. slywink

And as far as animated films go, here's my Top 10 animated films ever list:

1. The Incredibles
2. Beauty & The Beast
3. Finding Nemo
4. Monsters, Inc.
5. Sleeping Beauty
6. The Lion King
7. Robin Hood
8. Toy Story 2
9. Toy Story 1
10. Aladdin

biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 07:58:00 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Both Antz and Bugs Life deal with the "believe in yourself" and "the little guy can save the day" stories that are generations old. I just thought Antz told the story better. Saying Pixar made a bad film means it's in the Top 10 of that year instead of the Top 3. slywink

And as far as animated films go, here's my Top 10 animated films ever list:

1. The Incredibles
2. Beauty & The Beast
3. Finding Nemo
4. Monsters, Inc.
5. Sleeping Beauty
6. The Lion King
7. Robin Hood
8. Toy Story 2
9. Toy Story 1
10. Aladdin

biggrin

Pssshtt. Amateur. Fear the true list:

1. Lilo and Stitch
2. The Incredibles
3. The Iron Giant
4. Monsters Inc.
5. Still debating what to put here.
6. The Lion King
7.Shrek 2
8.Shrek
9. Finding Nemo
10. Robots (suprised how much I enjoyed this one)
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 08:02:58 AM »

Any top 10 animated film list that lacks Heavy Metal lacks my approval.

But its cool, yall just aint knowin'

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 03:42:48 PM »

Yer BOTH amateurs.

Top 5 of the Last 10 years:

Triplets of Belleville
The Iron Giant
Spirited Away
Finding Nemo
Monster's, Inc.

Top 10 of ever:

Triplets of Belleville
The Iron Giant
Spirited Away
Finding Nemo
Monster's, Inc.
The Incredibles
Robin Hood
Beauty & the Beast
Grave of the Fireflies
The Prince of Egypt

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
warning

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 03:59:13 PM »

Pffft!

You're ALL amateurs.

My list:
Miyazaki's entire catalog starting with Totoro.

Then The Lion King
The Iron Giant
Everything else.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2005, 09:16:08 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"

Top 10 of ever:

Triplets of Belleville

The Prince of Egypt

You serious?  I would list both of those as a couple of the worst movies I've ever seen.  I still don't see what the fuss is with "Triplets".  Outside of some of the music, it was simply awful.

DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 02:51:16 AM »

Quote from: "Crowley"
linky

Glorious.

In other news, there apparently will be a sequel to Ice Age.

Actually this one is slightly shorter than the one being shown in front of "Robots".

The one I saw in the the theater had an additional scene before he made it up to the acorn where he's climbing upside down and gets his tongue stuck to the ice - then slips and is held suspended in the air by just his frozen tongue.

It was a very happy tree friends like moment and had me doubled over laughing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: