http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 01:18:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I will be right back!!  (Read 1510 times)
papasmurff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:39:26 AM »

Hmmm.....I finally broke down this week and came out to my parent's house to use their computer after mine had an untimely death last week.  Aparently the power cable shorted and surge the computer......which was bs...I went ahead and took it apart since i was one month past warranty and dell won't do anything.....and sure enough there were nice burn marks on the Motherboard.  My options were $300 or more to replace the board (then the possibility of the processors as well.....) or just replace the system....  So i have a replacement on the way which will hopefully be here this week assuming it gets shipped out on time.

In the mean time my only access to the internet...and well the most important part....GT...is through my PDA.  So needless to say my internet access is very limited until my new PC arrives.  So....I will be back online when my new PC arrives.  Seen you all then!!!

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:54:20 AM »

Hope you get everything worked out soon enough.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 04:22:27 AM »

so, will 'I'll be right back' be like when you say it on XBL?  see you in 2010 then  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 04:38:13 AM »

Who are you again? icon_biggrin

Good luck.  I was out of town and unconnected to the internet for a week and feel like I'm impossibly behind on all the message boards I normally visit.  And it's not like I really want to read a weeks worth of posts either. 

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 03:20:07 PM »

I had to lower my net speed from 10 meg to 5 meg...but now  im back to 10 meg..what a horror.

Well really I could barely tell smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 03:50:32 PM »

friday my new computer arrived......doa....5-10 business days before they ship a reacement.........

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 06:56:32 AM »

you DO know what happens to people who say "I'll be right back", right? at least, in horror movies!  icon_twisted

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 02:12:01 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 08, 2008, 06:56:32 AM

you DO know what happens to people who say "I'll be right back", right? at least, in horror movies!  icon_twisted

Jarrod is probably skinning him right now and will soon be posting in a papasmurff skin suit....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 05:21:20 AM »

update   Called dell today for an update on My case and found out that the rep entered my exchange but never processed it.  meaning the replacement wouldn't ship.  then got told b/c of her mistake I would nave to wait another 8 business days for my System to be Processed and Sent!!!!then I got really mad. I mean I ordered the System and had it in less than 1 full week. you are telling me that it takes twice as long to process an exchange ? well  I ended up with customer retention because I threw  a huge fit at how unacceptable the Situation was. that guy actually made good decisions that might just Keep me as a customer. Sped up  my exchange because they messed up, apologized and took  responsibility for their mistakeS, got in e-mail contact w/me to keep me informed as the system is Processed and shipPed which should be no later than Thursday.

I was just pissed that they were telling me to wait 8 business days because the first lady didn't do her job.  And to be Clear it is a pre built System not something custom that they would have to completely build.  Hopefully by monday....

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 06:20:14 PM »

You'd think they would toss in a better vid card or something for that kind of mistake.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 06:47:10 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on September 10, 2008, 06:20:14 PM

You'd think they would toss in a better vid card or something for that kind of mistake.

Agreed. They should toss in something, anything, for your hassle.

I'm guessing that out-sourcing hasn't resulted in improved customer relations at most companies (bit of an understatement there, lol.)  It seems like you always have to get past that first step or two to get anything done - and keep a paper trail of everything, like emials, and at least notations of who you spoke to and when.  We're still having a go-round with Dell over the fact that my laptop has an internal bluetooth thingie to use a wireless mouse with.  If you sleep the computer, or shut it down - the mouse dies with it and  has to be re-installed or something (I'm not the knowledgeable one, this description is the best I could manage!)  We've been through several sets of technicians, lots of emails and phone calls, and at least two "THIS will work, do THIS" update fixes.  Still using a wired mouse...  disgust

Next step is going to be, take the whole damn thing back, you morons.  I remember when Dell had a good reputation (sometime prior to Vista, lol)...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on September 10, 2008, 05:21:20 AM

update   Called dell today for an update on My case and found out that the rep entered my exchange but never processed it.  meaning the replacement wouldn't ship.  then got told b/c of her mistake I would nave to wait another 8 business days for my System to be Processed and Sent!!!!then I got really mad. I mean I ordered the System and had it in less than 1 full week. you are telling me that it takes twice as long to process an exchange ? well  I ended up with customer retention because I threw  a huge fit at how unacceptable the Situation was. that guy actually made good decisions that might just Keep me as a customer. Sped up  my exchange because they messed up, apologized and took  responsibility for their mistakeS, got in e-mail contact w/me to keep me informed as the system is Processed and shipPed which should be no later than Thursday.

I was just pissed that they were telling me to wait 8 business days because the first lady didn't do her job.  And to be Clear it is a pre built System not something custom that they would have to completely build.  Hopefully by monday....

Hopefully it also comes with grammar check and functioning "caps lock" and shift keys.   icon_wink

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 09:13:17 PM »

The front line rep was either not motivated or not empowered to assist with this issue.  Either way, it sounds like she got you to the right steps to at least get you to someone who was better able/willing to assist with the issue.  As a former Customer Care manager, taking ownership and tackling a problem from alternate angles was always something I stressed.  I hope that's the last that you have to address this with them. 

Remember, always keep the escalation to a manager in your back pocket.  If those go to actual managers, they are usually much more willing to find alternate steps available to address an issue.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 12:06:23 AM »

Whatever Pete I am writing this on the screen of my PDA and it turns it to text.

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 06:29:04 PM »

Well....this has ended very poorly......I ended up demanding an RMA.  My item didn't get escalated to ship....and wasn't shipping until the middle of the week.  I got tired of being lied to and just said give me my money back.....guess I will have to go to a brick and mortar store and spend a little more money to buy something in a store.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 09:58:02 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on September 14, 2008, 06:29:04 PM

Well....this has ended very poorly......I ended up demanding an RMA.  My item didn't get escalated to ship....and wasn't shipping until the middle of the week.  I got tired of being lied to and just said give me my money back.....guess I will have to go to a brick and mortar store and spend a little more money to buy something in a store.

Dude! You're not getting a Dell!

Frankly, after my experience with Dell (laptop battery dying a month after a year, and even though I had an extended warranty, they considered batteries 'consumable', and as thus only had a 1 year warranty no matter what), I recommend you get a PC from anybody else. Grab something nice from Best Buy even (they occasionally have great deals) and grab their warranty if you want - they'll cover any problems.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: