http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 02:08:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit drinking for a few years and...  (Read 1329 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2005, 05:18:12 AM »

Now I love it again. I`m a cheap date. It doesn`t take many to get me going nowadays. Anyone else here quit drinking then start up again. I`d die if I drank now what I used to;). Mmmmm, guinness (sp?)is good for you! See it`s been so long I don`t know how to spell that anymore.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 02:03:10 PM »

I've always been a cheap date.  I have no tolorance (spelling?) at all.  It only takes maybe two or three beers for a good buzz.

For some reason I just have never taken to it very well.  On nights that I do try and go nuts I end up maybe at 6 or 8 beers or mix drinks.  At that point I am barfing half the night.

Just always been that way so who knows.

Pig
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 03:23:51 PM »

Been on a drinking kick myself lately.  Went out with a bunch of ladies a couple weeks ago and after one Jager-bomb, one Silky Panties, one shot I don't recall, and three beers I still couldn't hold even a slight buzz for longer than 5 minutes.  Bartender hooked me up with some Rumple-Mintz, though and that seemed to do the trick.  Had a nice, long stretch on the dance floor where I was feelin' mighty fine, buzz propped up by a couple more Jager-bombs.  Cut myself off an hour before they closed, and was sober by the time the place shut down.

There were five of us drinking similar quantities.  Our bar tab at the end of the night was $70.  Gotta love being friends with the bartender.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 03:32:02 PM »

I havent been able to drink since November; there are a few things I need to avoid with the antibiotics Im taking.

Coffee is a borderline one, but screw that.  Im not giving up alcohol AND coffee.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 03:38:23 PM »

I quit drinking a long time ago...8 almost 9 years ago.   I recently quit drinking soda as well.  Its all water for me, makes trips to the bar with friends kinda dull but its best for me.  I'm not a happy drunk.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 06:26:21 PM »

I had a couple beers at the Assemblage 23 concert a few weeks ago.   It was the first alcohol of any kind I've had in 12+ years.  Amazing the buzz you can catch from 2 beers when you haven't drank in that long.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 07:10:36 PM »

In the service I drank like a fish. If I wore a coat of any kind I usually had some booze stashed in it somewhere.I remember in the air force I used to go to the flightline to work on the planes with a 6 pack in one pocket and my bag of tools in the other.That damn parka weighed over 40 lbs!
Since I got out of the military I've been drinking less and less.Now I drink about a 6 pack a year.

Ye Olde Farte
Qbert
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 07:47:34 PM »

I beat my wife and kids severely when i drink, so I try not to drink as often.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 11:00:17 PM »

I beat my wife and kids severely when i drink, so I try not to drink as often.

Joke? I hope so, drinking is the excuse, not the cause.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 12:20:32 AM »

I quit drinking as well, last time I drank I think it was 15 double shot screwdrivers at a strip club with my father and brother before they (marines) sent him to the unjust war in Iraq.

Wish I could follow Knightshade as well and give up soda, but just can't seem to do it. How can you pass by an ice cold coca-cola when you're going through disney world sweating in florida's heat and there they are.. just waiting for you to quench your thirst and get the great taste of an ice cold coke?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 07:45:16 AM »

I also don`t drink soda. I`ll have one here or there, but now that I don`t drink it regularly...it dries me the up like crazy. Same for the wife. We quit drinking soda after we were sick once and the doctor told her she was dehydrated (Bad sp there?, it`s late/early;)). That`s been probably 6 or 7 years now.
 Back to alcohol. I like beer ALOT, don`t get me wrong. I really just don`t like having to piss every five minutes and I really don`t like the buzz from alcohol. Well, I like it...I just get too "sloppy" from it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: