http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 04:32:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a kick a$$ watergun  (Read 1132 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:59:16 PM »

Looking for an awesome watergun i can play with my 5  1/2 year old son at home.   i bought a cheap one yesterday and he's having a blast.   i'd love to find something that holds alot of water and shoots far.

anyone got something they like or have seen thats worth spending a few bucks on?

spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 09:02:23 PM »

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 09:07:05 PM »

Super Soaker, all the way.  They have some cheap models that hold a lot of water and shoot at least twenty feet.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »

From the front page of this water gun aficionado site:  http://www.sscentral.org/

They'll surely have some top 10 stock watergun list there somewhere.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »

i was going to say - do they still make super soaker water guns?

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 09:40:09 PM »

My suggestion would be Super Soaker.  They seem to know what works well.  Theirs guns typically get decent range, most hold a fair bit of water, and they're fairly durable as well.  Super Soakers have been all we buy for our annual water gun wars with my cousins and they have yet to let us down.  Some fire a pretty hefty stream, others have better accuracy and more distance, some are better for close-quarters soakage, etc.  Browse their site to get an idea for just how many options they provide.  It can't hurt to have a variety to choose from. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 09:41:27 PM »

Yes, i went on a buying spree at Toys R us one hot summer day and came home with a basket full of super soakers. My wife was rather shocked, so I obviously blamed it on my then 6 year old son who had absolutely nothing to do with it biggrin

The only issue I had with the Soakers is the pump breaks very easily.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 09:49:05 PM »

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 09:57:28 PM »

A somewhat related story (I wouldn't be PeteRock if I didn't have one):

One afternoon while shopping for another addition to my cousin's arsenal we found ourselves in a small family-owned toy store in northern New Jersey.  I was wearing a tank top and so my tattoos were in plain view.

For a few moments I stood in front of the water gun display with my arms folded and my hand on my chin trying to decide on a model I found interesting.  I needed something accurate and with a bit of power.  As I stood there with my arms folded and my hand scratching my chin, I glanced to my left and noticed a small child, couldn't have been older than six or seven, standing next to me, with his arms folded just like mine, his hand scratching his chin just like mine, and he had a temporary tattoo on his right shoulder.  It seemed we both shared a similar appreciation for water-based weaponry as we both were browsing the gun selection with a fair level of scrutiny.

As he noticed me glancing in his direction, he looked over at me, took a moment to "size me up", then nodded in the direction of the tattoo on my left shoulder and said, "Hey man, nice tattoo."

I looked over at him, nodded at his, and responded with, "You too, kid." 

He nodded in appreciation and then we went back to weighing our options for water-based destruction.   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 10:24:57 PM »

Hasbro money shot

Ale
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »

What may be a bit more fun and can be played with indoors is nerf dart guns.  Wish I had these around when I was a kid; of course I bought my son the nerf longshot sniper rifle.  We of course needed the recon gun as well with the "laser" site.  We have a blast with these and they do have some range to them

http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/default.cfm?page=nstrike_blasters
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 12:49:11 AM »

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 03:26:05 AM »

You get to drink from...THE FIRE HOSE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbbNCWZ2lvA

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 03:28:49 AM »

Quote from: Graham on April 25, 2008, 03:26:05 AM

You win.

PSN ID: EduardoX
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 04:16:53 AM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on April 25, 2008, 03:28:49 AM

Quote from: Graham on April 25, 2008, 03:26:05 AM

You win.

well that was a supplies.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »

Wow does this bring back some memories. My sister and I each had a Super Soaker 50 when we were young. Had a lot of fun with those. But when I got older, however, is when the real squirt gun fun was had in my neighborhood. I should probably mention that I'm 23. Anyways, around about 4th and 5th grade was when it sort of became the official sport of my neighborhood during the warmer months. I'm guessing I was about 10 or 11. Judging by the release dates of these squirtguns, I'd say it was around 1996. There were lots of skirmishes that went on in the neighborhood between various people. But I spent the most time doing battle with my friend Sean and his father.

At this time, I only had one of those SS50s. Sean had this gun and his father either had the same one, or one slightly bigger (I think his was bigger, but if it was, I can't find an image of it on that site). I was getting my butt handed to me. I don't remember what I was doing to earn money back then, but eventually I'd saved up quite a bit and was planning to buy a new gun. My family went to K-mart often, and on the very day I went to get a new gun, a brand new model was just released. The XXP 275. My god was it huge! It was more expensive than the others, but I had to have it! I spent every last penny on that thing. I think it was around $25. That was a hell of a lot of money to me at 10 years old.

This thing was so big, that it had a shoulder strap. It was near impossible to use the thing without it. Two barrels, with settings to change the way it spayed. Held a TON of water. Had a gauge on it to tell you the water pressure. And you fired it by pulling back on this huge lever on the top. It felt like spraying a fire hose. Not only was I able to hold my own against Sean and his dad, but I became the king of the neighborhood.

By the end of that particular summer I was decked out. I had dug through some old toy boxes and found my sister's SS50. I couldn't find the tank for it, but luckily the "extra" tanks you could buy for one of the newer model guns fit it, and my father even replaced the rubber washer in it for me. For my birthday, my mother bought me this awesome (though not very powerful) voice-activated head-mounted squirtgun thing, with the water tank being a backpack. Basically, you yelled into the microphone and water shot forward, from the side of your head. I also picked up two of the less-crappy regular squirt gun pistols you could find just about anywhere.

Picture this: You're around 10 years old. You're at a playground with a bunch of other kids playing with squirt guns. You've got a decent enough gun. Not a crappy 99cent gun, but also nothing particularly special. Suddenly you see another ten year old kid running toward you holding a humongous squirtgun strapped over his shoulder. A water tank on his back with tubes running up to a strange headset-looking device strapped to his head. A custom-made belt holding two slightly smaller guns (both about the same size yours), one on each of his sides, and two even smaller pistols strapped to his ankles. What do you do?

You run the other fucking way, that's what you do.  icon_biggrin
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 01:17:14 PM »

The only thing I'll throw out regarding Super Soakers, because I had this exact same thought when my son was 5, is that many of them are kind of tough for a 5-year-old to use.  I bought a couple of the smaller water pistols, and pumping them up was just a bit too hard for him.  The trigger was also stiff enough that he had to use both hands, and even then it took just about all his effort.  Obviously there isn't any way you can try them out in the store, but if you end up going the Super Soaker route, save your receipt just in case.  That or buy him a grip strengthener too.

XBox Live:  JNacht
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 05:12:32 PM »

Quote from: Kyosho on April 25, 2008, 12:00:58 PM

Picture this: You're around 10 years old. You're at a playground with a bunch of other kids playing with squirt guns. You've got a decent enough gun. Not a crappy 99cent gun, but also nothing particularly special. Suddenly you see another ten year old kid running toward you holding a humongous squirtgun strapped over his shoulder. A water tank on his back with tubes running up to a strange headset-looking device strapped to his head. A custom-made belt holding two slightly smaller guns (both about the same size yours), one on each of his sides, and two even smaller pistols strapped to his ankles. What do you do?
You buy a bigger gun!

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 05:21:13 PM »

I remember when squirt guns were all the rage in my neighborhood one summer, I couldn't walk to my friend's house without someone jumping out from behind a bush and blasting me till I was on my ass and soaked. It was chaos, it was a war, parents all over the neighborhood were upset that their kids were always coming home dripping wet.

Everything changed one day when I discovered the paintball gun. I got my revenge.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: