http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 03:52:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a doctor's note  (Read 5866 times)
Laner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2004, 05:41:50 PM »

Kinda mystified by the response here. He managed to put one over on a shit job and actually come out ahead.

Pretty shocked to see so many holier-than-thou responses here.I guess attitudes vary a lot more across country than I expected. In Denmark, where I live, this kind of thing isn't a big deal. Naturally, people are expected to be at work, but faking illness is not uncommon.  

It's called "integrity" - a somewhat archaic concept these days, I know, but some of us still try to do the right thing, regardless if we'll get caught or not.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2004, 06:50:49 PM »

When I was 21 I had similar crappy work ethics.  Well not that crappy but non the less.  I'd like to think when he grows up a bit and matures( Home mortgage, car payments,   mouths to feed, etc) his personal accountability would improve.  But, then after reading about his cat im not so sure.

morlac00 on PSN
Sunderer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2004, 07:01:44 PM »

Every moron on this thread who is flaming Wolverine must never again use the internet while at work for personal reasons (right).

Since I am not throwing stones (and since I'm the boss), that doesn't apply to me.

"At this moment, you mean everything."
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2004, 07:10:37 PM »

Quote from: "Sunderer"
Every moron on this thread who is flaming Wolverine must never again use the internet while at work for personal reasons (right).

Since I am not throwing stones (and since I'm the boss), that doesn't apply to me.

I hardly think internet use is the issue here.  More like ditching work for a week and then lying to your employer about getting into a car wreck..thats just wrong.  Using a fake personal injury is up there with saying your Uncle died to ditch work.  They both prey on peoples sympathy/concern.  And it worked.  Read where he says they didn't care about his Dr. note because they werre just glad he was ok and not hurt to bad.  Meanwhile hes snickering at them for being too stupid to know he was lying.   The only "moron" here is Wolverine and people defending such behavior.  And Wolverine, You said thanks for the 30 replys with no help.  Try rereading this thread and you'll see people werre trying to get you to do the "right" thing.

morlac00 on PSN
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2004, 07:20:08 PM »

Let's drop the name-calling, please. This isn't the 3rd grade.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2004, 07:29:34 PM »

Quote from: "Sunderer"

I'm at work right now.  But my employer doesn't mind as long as I get my work done.  If the boss were to come in tomorrow and say "no more internet for personal use", I'd stop.  Simple as that.  I wouldn't like it, but they're the ones paying me to do a job.

And as morlac correctly pointed out, it's not so much about the internet use as forging a doctor's note to get out of work.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: