http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 02:41:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I love Amazon (and UPS and USPS and 3rd party sellers)!  (Read 867 times)
Roscoe
Gaming Trend Reader

Palin-Fey 2008!

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2008, 11:33:12 AM »

I've been ordering from Amazon for several years and even though I'm not an "Amazon Prime" member they still do a sterling job getting me books real fast.

My latest order was place Wednesday morning for a book, and as always I selected "Free Super Saver Shipping" (order must be over $25) which they advertise as "Please note that your order may take an additional 3 to 5 business days to ship out from our fulfillment center(s). Transit time for Super Saver Shipping orders is 5 to 9 business days after shipping." No problem, I'm never in a hurry.

Book ordered early Wednesday morning. I use their tracking status system to find out that it's going by UPS. By Wednesday evening it's picked up in Nashville from the distributor. Yesterday it routed through Chattanooga and Orlando. Early this morning, Friday, it's at my local UPS distributor and will be coming on the truck this morning. Two days from order entry and nothing paid for shipping.

And this has been pretty typical experience for me from Amazon. As long as they have it in stock they seem to get it to me within a couple of days. Even when they use USPS (which is usually when I order from one of their 3rd party vendors) the post office gets it to me within three days of shipping, no matter where in the country the seller is located. Of course when I order from 3rd party sellers it's a standard $3.99 shipping cost, but that's cool, I'm happy since in the four years I've been ordering I've never had a bad experience (knock wood).

XBL gamertag: jztemple
Austin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »

I'm very happy with the Prime membership I bought back in the Fall. Very happy.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »

Yup... I always go with the super saver shipping option on Amazon, and almost always have the item within 2-3 days.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 12:59:05 PM »

I <3  Amazon.  I'm a very happy Prime member now but even before that I would get the packages incredibly fast. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »

Quote from: Austin on April 18, 2008, 12:19:29 PM

I'm very happy with the Prime membership I bought back in the Fall. Very happy.

I thought about trying Prime but for stuff that ships directly from Amazon it's almost always a next day delivery using regular UPS ground.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »

I've had Prime since January, and I really like it.  I wind up buying most things aside from food from Amazon these days.  It's always here in two days, and sometimes it even gets here overnight depending on which shipping facility it comes out of.

JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »

Amazon Prime's been bery good to me. I'm very pleased at their speed and reliability. Have been for three years now.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »

Amazon Prime is very good but UPS sometimes has problems getting it here in two days.

Ye Olde Farte
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 02:57:02 PM »

Quote from: dbt1949 on April 18, 2008, 02:47:44 PM

Amazon Prime is very good but UPS sometimes has problems getting it here in two days.

do they have to airlift it in, or do you just keep shooting the delivery guys?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 05:56:27 PM »

I've been on Prime for 2+ years now and I love it.  Free 2-day shipping on everything is sweet, and definitely has been well worth the money come Xmas time.  Plus, pretty much if I pre-order a new movie release, it will always ship Monday and arrive Wednesday without fail.  Very nice.  Even scarier they recently created a custom interface on the iPhone which is so easy to use it felt like a direct link to my credit card.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 18, 2008, 02:57:02 PM

Quote from: dbt1949 on April 18, 2008, 02:47:44 PM

do they have to airlift it in, or do you just keep shooting the delivery guys?
Heh.  icon_biggrin

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 07:08:53 PM »

I bought a window fan from Amazon on 4/12, and took the free super-saver shipping. Warning! said Amazon. It won't even ship until 4/17. I was delighted when it arrived on 4/16. And it's an awesome fan.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: