http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 12:18:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just started watching 24  (Read 1007 times)
scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2005, 02:58:41 AM »

I started watching them on DVD. I added all the disks to my netflix account and upgraded it to 5 disks at a time for the month. Holy crap is that show good. Does it continue to be good after season 1?
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 03:26:19 AM »

Yes.

Best Series Ever.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 04:11:49 AM »

yep until season 3, then gets back to being good, but not as good as the first two in season 4.

You also need to pick up Alias.  I'm watching season 1 and it's awesome.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 04:14:43 AM »

Season 1 of Alias is fantastic.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 06:36:48 AM »

I still think every single eposide in this shows history is way above the quality on any similar shows...or any shows really, or movies for that matter. I`m speaking of 24 :wink: .
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 01:40:28 PM »

You will love the rest of the seasons of 24.  I'll agree with the third season becoming a little tired (but still good).  So far S4 is kicking ass.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
dfs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 02:39:23 PM »

I know it isn't a popular opinion, but we grew tired of 24 about half way through the first year. There's never any cartharsis, because there is never any resolution.  None of the characters are believable or likable. It's way too over the top to be in the thriller category, but its' too realistic to be bondian.  They do a nice job of pushing the adrenalin button over and over again, but in the first 14 episodes or so, they never do anything else. It's like watching a sit-com character tell the same joke episode after episode.  After a while you just kind of shrug and say...I would rather be doing something else.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 06:46:48 PM »

IMO the series sort of slowely goes down each season. Well season 4 has been better than 3 so far. For me its just because its just not fresh like it was the 1st time around. The first season was such a breath of fresh air to a completely stagnant TV seen scene filled with crap sitcoms, more cop shows or medical stuff, or mostly shit reality TV. Its is still enjoyable but like any series there's a repitition that sets in.

Will always remember burning through the first season on DVD in a week though. Just could'nt stop watching it.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 07:45:52 PM »

What's funny is if you burned through everything then the ending rocked. If you watched it while it was on TV then I could see the final battle on the docks as being over too quickly. But this summer I plan to devote one weekend to season 2 then the next weekend to season 3.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 03:57:16 AM »

I found Season One and Two pretty comparable in quality (and both outstanding).

Season Three didn't let me down nearly as much as I expected based on most people's reactions.  Maybe I already had my expectations lowered but I enjoyed it even in the beginning and the last half of the season was some of the best the show has every been IMO with a kind of "pull out all of the stops, no one is safe" vibe I really enjoyed.  They really cleared the decks by the end.

Which has paid off in Season 4.  The creators pretty clearly got the message that people were unhappy when they turned things around at the end of Season 3 and Season 4 has been pretty stellar.  A largely new cast and much less melodrama have really gone a long way toward bringing the show around to its original quality.  

Easily one of my favorite shows ever.

And I agree with the others that Season One of Alias is of comparible quality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: