http://gamingtrend.com
December 17, 2014, 11:18:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have reached a life decision of sorts.  (Read 1200 times)
Drazzil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2005, 05:57:58 AM »

RANT WARNING

Im done with the town I live in.

My job sucks, my life sucks, and I am sick and goddamn tired of the lack of direction in my life. I have been going to community college for four years, except for six months where I didnt.  I still have no doggamn idea what I want to follow as my major.

Im twenty two years old and just spinning my wheels. I interviewed with Stater Brothers at one of their job fairs for the markets in the surrounding area. ( Just incase anyone was wondering Stater Brothers is a union market that really treats their employees well and pretty much my last chance for a decent, entry level job in this shit town)

I will be cut off of any and all financial aid next semester so, further college for me at this point in time is out. Appeals will pretty much be a waste of time at this point (I didnt get cut off of financial aid for failing classes but for dropping too many classes... I really got phucked by my financial aid office as well, as they told me one thing and  did another, but thats another subject entirely)

I was doing some talking to a Job Corps recruiter at another job fair yesterday, and what they offer seems to be a square deal. Three hots, a facility, and they provide for everything and give you 50 dollars a month in spending cash. AND they teach you a trade. Not only that, if you pass the 1 and a half year program, they pay for a second program to send you to the community college of your choice.

Not only that, you can move out of your city of origin, and I am considering northern california.

At this point in my life, I see little other option, and this seems like just the thing I need to get my aimless clustersuck, friendless life on track.

I have pretty much already made the decision to leave at the end of this college semester. I am really looking forward to it. I really cannot say how much Im looking forward to learning an actual trade, from there I can support myself, in my own place and go to college part time (as I already have most of the prerequisite classes done to get my lib arts degree)

I really dont know why Im posting this here as Im sure people will poke fun at what I am doing. I however feel that this is the right decision for ME at this point in time. I suppose Im doing it because I know there are people who genuinely care about me here.

I will continue to post until I leave, I will be holding a massive sale to get rid of all of my gaming equipment, hundreds of games of the console and PC variety, as well as my  computer. what I cant sell, I will be donating to chairity, as part of the reason I am in the situation I am in now, is because of gaming. I have really been growing away from gaming as a hobby, I dont know what will fill its place, Ill find something I suppose.

So... thats all I have to say about that...
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 06:18:13 AM »

Good luck Drazzil!

How does this work again?
RightBastard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 06:52:39 AM »

Yeah, whatever you choose, good luck.  And give Northern California a good hard look.    :wink:

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 07:41:42 AM »

Not sure if this would be any help or not but what about the navy or army or something? They all pretty much have a university program you do a couple years in the navy or something see the world and all that some skills and make friends and basically they rebuild you from the ground up. Might give focus to your life and it might not.

Either I speak wisdom or my I'm speaking out of my ass I'm not sure.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 07:45:41 AM »

Good luck, man. Follow your passion and fate will smile on you. Do what choo gotta.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Boxcar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 08:22:05 AM »

It may sound trite but you're only 22 -- you've got pretty much your whole life ahead of you. I don't think many people know what they're going to do with their lives at that age. And it takes some people longer than others to find it.

It takes a lot of courage to just up and leave the world you know, regardless of how miserable you think it is. Most people either can't or won't do it.

Trying different things is absolutely the right thing to do. Take some chances--they won't all pay off but you'll learn something from each one.

Good luck!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 09:33:42 AM »

Quote from: "Boxcar"
It may sound trite but you're only 22  quote]

That says it all. You really do have your whole life in front of you. Enjoy it. You`ll figure something out :wink: .
Leatherneck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 10:00:03 AM »

Hey man, keep your head up!  

While I am very sorry to hear you going through this personal crisis, just  look at this as a change for a new path or change.  I've been in the military for the past 11+ years, and I know for a fact that even though I've put in so many years already, I don't have the stomach to finish my career.  Its scary to start something new, but I'd rather be happy than spend another 9 years in a place just for a retirement fund.  

And you know what?  I have two close friends, 30+ years in age, they still have no idea what to do in life, and they are the most interesting people I have ever met.....and they are happy.  Just my 2 cents. Semper fi

Semper Fidelis
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 01:21:29 PM »

I'm telling you, Drazzil is Holden Caufield...
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 03:21:32 PM »

hey, Drazzil,

good luck, looks like you got a lot of great advice  here!  my two cents is to maybe reconsider selling your PC, since you don't know what you're going to end up doing, and reinvesting in one at $50 a month might be too hard.  unless, of course, it's too much of a gaming machine, lol.

at 22, i stumbled into - purely by accident - my career of the next 25 years, so keep the faith.  with your willingness to relocate, start over, and keep an open mind, you'll be fine, it's gonna happen.  two more cents:  i would keep trying to peck away at that degree, as soon as you resettle.  going back after too long is much more difficult - i know, i waited 12 years before i went back.  all i can say is to think about taking Statistics after 12 years of no math - ouch!

look forward, and go have some fun!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 06:52:48 PM »

Id say go for it, and good luck. You could always consider the military, but if that isnt your thing, then good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: