http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 08:49:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate Spring (when it won't appear)!!! Snow here...  (Read 1116 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2005, 02:25:13 PM »

From the front page, in "Today's Wrap Up" -
Saturday! Ah, Arizona. In the span of a single week, we've gone from needing the heater on to running the air conditioning. I guess that was our 'Spring'.

As i look out the window and see the heavy snow coming down, i wonder if Spring takes longer every year, and that some day, despite global warming, there will only be one week of Summer in New England.  it's 31 degrees and i need to be in Arizona!

that's what it's like in our neighborhood, what's happening where you are?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 07:34:18 PM »

It's sunny...and 24 out right now in Chicago.  I was just saying this week how f#$# sick I am of it not warming up for spring. (Of course, we had one sunday out of the blue where it was 60 degress, just to taunt us.)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 09:08:39 PM »

The funny part is that I know some friends in CT who think the exact same way as you do. They're hating me right now and my near 90-degree weather.

It was snowing there earlier this morning.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 09:42:15 PM »

Not a cloud in the sky and it's 86 here in Dallas. I do so love Texas. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 09:49:30 PM »

Here in Portland Oregon we have had a super dry winter, and it ended early and we bypassed spring completely. Yesterday it was 76 degrees (we've tied or broke records three times this week - so far). It's supposed to be in the low 50's this time of year.

I like Winter the most, so I feel totally ripped off. I'm sick of it: warm, dry, the yard growing like mad and needing to be watered, and running the A/C to cool the house in the second week of March. This sucks....

I want to move to Anchorage....

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Ranulf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 10:14:08 PM »

Quote from: "PaulBot"
Here in Portland Oregon we have had a super dry winter, and it ended early and we bypassed spring completely. Yesterday it was 76 degrees (we've tied or broke records three times this week - so far). It's supposed to be in the low 50's this time of year.

I like Winter the most, so I feel totally ripped off. I'm sick of it: warm, dry, the yard growing like mad and needing to be watered, and running the A/C to cool the house in the second week of March. This sucks....

I want to move to Anchorage....

Indeed. This heat is nuts. I'd actually like some rain to fall this winter/spring.
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 10:26:38 PM »

Another Oregonian here. Here in the south we had maybe a foot of snow all winter. We thought the farmers had it bad a couple years ago, we haven't seen anything yet. Hello expensive meat and produce yes my wallet is a bit heavy thanks for helping. Damn you people in the east taking all our snow.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 11:17:28 PM »

we're getting nice little ice pellets from the sky on the west side of indianapolis right now.  it's about 24 degrees and we've been having snow flurries off and on for the last few days.  makes it hard to believe it was over 50 on monday (and snowed tuesday), but that's indiana for you...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 11:46:03 PM »

Its still a maniac rollercoaster here in Houston. While is a decent 70ish right now it was a blazing 80ish early this week, with sprinkles of 60 in there just to keep us on our toes.

Man was not meant to live here frown

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 12:15:31 AM »

oh, funny, Crowley!  anyone interested in an exchange program?  i never thought Oregon would be on the list, LOL, but Texas, Arizona, California - are all there.  i'll water and mow your lawn...

i lived in Arizona for a year when i was a kid - and it rained once and hailed once, and the summer heat sucked the air out of your lungs when you went outside - and, once, i had to wear a sweater to school!  memories are so sweet...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 12:01:02 AM »

Fantastic weather in the Portland, OR area...I'm about 15 miles north, just into Washington, and it's been beautiful all day.  Great weather to work outside in.

Was on the Oregon coast for the earlier part of the weekend and it was suprisingly nice there.

So yeah, come to Oregon.  It rocks.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 03:27:54 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
The funny part is that I know some friends in CT who think the exact same way as you do. They're hating me right now and my near 90-degree weather.

You must have the heat up on high in Spaceball One...
TheOneWhoStoodUp
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 05:34:27 PM »

And all us Canadians look at each other and laugh.

Mind you, some of Canada is having spring... lucky bastards.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 09:48:15 PM »

Quote from: "Eightball"
Quote from: "Destructor"

You must have the heat up on high in Spaceball One...

LOL

I was wondering when somebody would notice my icon and location. biggrin

But incase you don't know me (or I haven't compained about my state lately), I live in Arizona.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: