http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 06:38:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Hate Consoles!  (Read 2539 times)
jpinard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 04:16:19 AM »

I shudder seeing the word "console" at the top of this forum. Ewww.  If I could print rosters from a console then I'd like them.

Otherwise I am here in total protest!  PROTEST!  consoles <<shudder>>  I'm also going to protest any "pc gaming is dying threads"...

cause I have to justify all this money I spent on my computer.

Actually I think I'm having withdrawel symptoms from GG... like an 17th century pirate, taken off his ship, and being forced to play "Pirates of the Caribbean".  ARGGHH!
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 12:19:20 PM »

I hate consoles too but I still have all three of the them plus every major one back to the 2600.  They are expensive, the games are short and expensive, the accessories are outrageous and they are all damn fun to play especially when you don't have hours to devote to my favorite...the computer RPG.
Odin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 12:20:36 PM »

My last console was a Colecovision. I loved that thing.

Sith

Formerly Sith Lord
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 01:01:27 PM »

Colecovision rocked smile

I think it's funny that ericb calls consoles expensive now. In 1981, our Intellivsion cost $279 for the console, and the games were all $50 and $60 each. Remember, those were 1981 dollars.

Considering the massive number of great console games you can get for under $30 now (many under $20), I hesitate to call them expensive. Even if you buy a $50 game, if you finish it pretty quick, you can sell it or trade it in for $25 or so.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 01:22:12 PM »

I love all game systems.. PC's included.. Lets be honest the PC is just an expensive game machine.. SO IT IS A CONSOLE in many respects, you  need  a 3GHZ machine to use IE and WORD?

I own every console ever made I collect em... here is an image of SOME of my collection...

http://img64.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img64&image=TWO1.jpg

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
UsulofDoom
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 01:41:22 PM »

I own every console ever made I collect em... here is an image of SOME of my collection...

Wow. Can I come over and play. biggrin

I see the turbo graphix hand held.

I sold that on Ebay for $200 and the tv tunner for $125. I had the console and 60 some games. Down the road a couple were moving and I brought 19" tv,vcr and the turbo graphix console and handheld with 60 games for $300. 3 years later I was about to throw them away but checked ebay. I sold all the turbo graphix stuff for abour $1000 over 2 months. biggrin
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 01:47:49 PM »

I wouldn't say i hate 'em, they're just not for me. I did briefly toy with the idea of getting an xbox or ps2 to hook to my widescreen when the price came down, but that quickly passed since i dont have enough time to play the pc games i have.

BTW, JP this board has as much to do with consoles as the 'off topic' board at GG had to do with games. In all the time i've been here, this is actually the first thread i read about consoles  biggrin
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 02:00:21 PM »

Console games are great for when you don't have much time and just want to chill and kill some things. When I really want to get truely involved in something I definatly prefer my pc. Unless less it's Fatal Frame 1 or 2.... Best Games EVER!
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 02:07:10 PM »

Wow. Can I come over and play.  

I see the turbo graphix hand held.

I sold that on Ebay for $200 and the tv tunner for $125. I had the console and 60 some games. Down the road a couple were moving and I brought 19" tv,vcr and the turbo graphix console and handheld with 60 games for $300. 3 years later I was about to throw them away but checked ebay. I sold all the turbo graphix stuff for abour $1000 over 2 months.

There is also the Nomad (genesis handheld) the Game Axe (Nes Handheld) every other hand held made..

The TG 16 handheld IS THE BEST ever made... I love that handheld.

360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 02:29:07 PM »

I protest your protest!

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 02:38:25 PM »

Quote from: "HankRaptor"
The TG 16 handheld IS THE BEST ever made... I love that handheld.

Man, I still say that the Atari Lynx rocked. Great little console that ultimately couldn't.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 02:06:38 AM »

HankRaptor - that is SWEET!  The big question though...  Why aren't those hooked up to any TV's?  I'd like to play some old Intellivision games... briefly.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 11:44:37 AM »

It is a project I am working on.. Every system you see there will be accessible via a swith under the shelf right to the television... I need time..

360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 12:29:42 PM »

http://img64.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img64&image=TWO1.jpg

Hank - that is one impressive collection.  What is the name of that robot thing in the middle of the bottom left shelf?  I had that when I was a kid!  Maybe you can repost that graphic with everything labeled?  That is a really cool collection.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 12:54:57 PM »

It is a project I am working on.. Every system you see there will be accessible via a swith under the shelf right to the television... I need time..

Complete this project and you will be king of the nerds...do you realize the responsibility that entails?

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 01:07:55 PM »

I don't hate consoles, I hate their Frickin' CONTROLLERS!  Give me a mouse and KB setup for anything and I'm happy.  Or a real joystick, or a steering wheel.  

Yep, anything other than those cramp inducing clumps of garbage!
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2004, 01:10:38 PM »

Hank - that is one impressive collection. What is the name of that robot thing in the middle of the bottom left shelf? I had that when I was a kid! Maybe you can repost that graphic with everything labeled? That is a really cool collection.

Yeah, I will do.. Ill label everything..  that robot it a 2xl

http://www.2xlrobot.com/

360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2004, 01:11:14 PM »

Complete this project and you will be king of the nerds...do you realize the responsibility that entails?

NO, but it sounds scary LOL

360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2004, 01:32:03 PM »

I've been a PC gamer for about 10 years now. I, like many didn't even consider the possibility of buying a console. It was a blasphemy.  In the last year or so, however, PC games have been mostly disappointing to me.I can't quite say what it was but gaming wasn't the same anymore. Not as fun as it was.
Anyway, in an unexpected course of events, in the beginning of the summer I bought a PS2. That brought me back to gaming and I love gaming once again.  Consoles are not tha bad. They won't replace PCs as gaming systems for some genres but for others, a lot of the games are far superior on a console. That's just my *new* opinion.

My smile still stays on.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 03:48:53 PM »

Why cant we just enjoy both?

360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
jztemple
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 04:03:13 PM »

I just bought myself a Playstation 2 so I could play GTA San Andreas. I picked up GTA3 (which I already have for the PC) cheap to play on the PS2 to work out all the nits before GTASA arrives and to compare the two systems.

Playing a few minutes on the PS2 made me realise how much better the PC is for gaming! The graphics, the controls, the ability to mod, save game file management, the list goes on.

Still, I'm glad I got it, if nothing else (besides GTASA) so that I can keep current with that aspect of the gaming culture.
RaptorRed
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2004, 01:11:51 AM »

I still have a working Colecovision.  
Great era marker to show how far things have come.
It still was fun at the time.

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2004, 01:18:55 AM »

Given the amount of hours I spent adding PC titles and screenshots and such..I'm thinking we should be good to go on the Console thing about now. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2004, 03:36:48 AM »

I dont hate consoles.  In fact in 2003-04 I bought all 3 of them and a GBA SP.  I do resent them though, and that is partially why it took me so long to get onboard with them.

There are some greats games on them, but the types of games I like best, PC RPGs and TB strat games, just seem to be better on the PC.  If I had to pick a favorite genre on the console it would be SRPG.  Second favorite would be RPG, but despite trying many on the PS2 the only console RPG I have ever finished was KOTOR...and that was a straight up PC style RPG.

olaf
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2004, 01:53:59 PM »

I bought an X-box about two months ago after vowing I would never buy a console.  No regrets.  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: