http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 09:09:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate colds!!!  (Read 1121 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2005, 05:07:59 AM »

finger! Take that colds! :angry:  Ug, I haven`t had a cold in a long time, and things havebeen better even since I quit smoking. But, I got something...Something little, but something nevertheless. I forgot how "drugged" I feel without taking anything at all. I hate every single thing(at least I think...) about colds. Sorry for the rant, but I had to smirk .
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 05:29:29 AM »

yes, they really, really suck!  i haven't had a bad one since i discovered zinc lozenges though.  they really do make colds milder and shorter, but you have to start them fairly soon after you get hit.  they kill rhinoviruses (on contact, hence the lozenge and not the supplement), so they're helpful if you're still in the multiplying-virus stage. if you think it might be early enough for you, try whacking it with both the lozenges and the nose spray (i think there's at least one with zinc), and hope for the best.

personally, i ignore the instructions (of course) and just keep them going until i can't stand them anymore.  since they change the taste in your mouth (probably in the same way toothpaste does by affecting the taste buds) and that gets annoying, i figure i'll never be able to OD on zinc. i'm pretty sure i've headed colds completely off, too, but i can't prove it, of course - you never really know when those several sneezes in a row are going to end up a cold, or just go away.

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 07:13:04 AM »

Since my wife quit her job at the local mini mart type place I haven't had a cold in three years. Now,Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever but not a cold. :wink:

Ye Olde Farte
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 03:21:56 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
yes, they really, really suck!  i haven't had a bad one since i discovered zinc lozenges though.  they really do make colds milder and shorter, but you have to start them fairly soon after you get hit.  they kill rhinoviruses (on contact, hence the lozenge and not the supplement), so they're helpful if you're still in the multiplying-virus stage. if you think it might be early enough for you, try whacking it with both the lozenges and the nose spray (i think there's at least one with zinc), and hope for the best.

personally, i ignore the instructions (of course) and just keep them going until i can't stand them anymore.  since they change the taste in your mouth (probably in the same way toothpaste does by affecting the taste buds) and that gets annoying, i figure i'll never be able to OD on zinc. i'm pretty sure i've headed colds completely off, too, but i can't prove it, of course - you never really know when those several sneezes in a row are going to end up a cold, or just go away.

Hmm, interesting. Can you give me a brand name of what you're taking?

I'm just getting over a minor cold myself. Mine always start with a sore/scratchy throat, then move to the nasal area (sneezing, runny nose) and then to the chest area.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 09:31:08 PM »

Usually I'm pretty healthy, but this year I managed to catch two colds in as many months.  They weren't too severe, but I just hate how I get nothing done during that time.  So for about 3-4 days I was popping Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu.  That stuff worked wonders for my symptoms.  The only thing I don't like about taking it is it makes me feel a little light headed.  Okay at home, kind of weird at work.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 03:16:50 AM »

That`s the same here. Not a really bad cold,but just enough to slow me down and I get NOTHING done. Well, I play lots of games...maybe colds aren`t so...nevermind :wink: . I`m taking tylenol cold and I`m buzzed up all the time. Even without medicine I feel buzzed up when I have a cold. I *think* I`m getting a bit better though, hopefully this will be over soon.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 03:44:26 AM »

Popping pills just because you feel a little "funny" isn't the best idea in the long run you know... Don't want to preach here, but just wanted to mention that.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 05:18:49 AM »

Quote from: "Raven VII"
Popping pills just because you feel a little "funny" isn't the best idea in the long run you know... Don't want to preach here, but just wanted to mention that.

Dude, I got ya. Since I usually(KNOCK ON WOOD!)don`t get many colds... When I do get one, I take something. I can`t stand just going for weeks with a cold. Screw that :wink: .
Gwen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 09:59:03 PM »

A tablet called "Airborne" developed by a school teacher that kept getting colds from the little ones.

You have to take it at the first sign of a cold coming on.  It's basically a whopper mix of vitamins and herbs that should help fight the cold in the beginning.

Also take this before going on a airplane or other enclosed place where lots of sick folks will be close by for hours.

You can get it at most any pharmacy.

We can't all be heros.  Some of us have to sit on the curb and clap as they pass by.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 02:26:43 AM »

hey, Jeff Jones,
Hmm, interesting. Can you give me a brand name of what you're taking?

sorry... missed this question somehow!  the brand i usually get is Cold-Eeze;  it comes in all kinds of flavors and there's even bubble gum - actual gum, not just the flavor. there are more brands out now, including generic, but that was the first one i ever heard of.

i can't stand nose spray, so i never use it, but others i know swear by it... the name might be Zi-cam or Zy-cam or something like that.  if you want to try a spray, i'd say check the ingredients for zinc on anything with a similar name.
good luck Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 08:37:03 PM »

One just hit me a couple days ago. What misery!!! I'm sick of breathing through my mouth and feeling like someone is sitting on my chest!

My 23 month old daughter has one too.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: