http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 11:46:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I had to put my cat to sleep...  (Read 1025 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2005, 05:58:06 AM »

:cry: . He was only 18 months old. He had lower urinary track disease(NOT infection). It just popped up one day, and literally a week later he is gone. He spent 5 days at the vet and nothing really helped. So even though it was the worst thing ive ever had to do, he wasnt going to get any better...so I guess we did make the right choice.

We have a dog with liver disease that`s not even 6. He had a blood transfusion, cancer treatment, he had a problem were he couldn`t walk temporarily completely out of the blue. After all of that, he is doing great, and we hope he continues that route.

Sorry, I sound like a little kid, and I`m rambling...but, wow. Sometimes things just suck.  :cry:  Well, I feel better after getting that out. Anyone else have any horrid "luck" :roll:  with animals? I don`t really want to turn this into the world most depressing thread, but I`m interested.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 06:07:43 AM »

Thats some bad luck there Harp. Hope your dog continues his good health. Sorry about the cat. I think that would be the hardest decision Id ever make. My brain would tell me its right and helps put them out of thier pain but my heart would say no dont do it its too sad. I think ya did the right thing though.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 06:21:33 AM »

That sucks man. It's the right choice to make, but it still sucks. We had to put our dog down a few years back, and that wasn't fun either. Don't you hate it when you have to say something along the lines of "that's life, I guess"?

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 06:29:10 AM »

Sorry to hear that man, hope you feel better.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 06:44:29 AM »

Thanks guys, alot of you sure are up late :wink: . Ya, it sucks bigtime. It`s horrible, and on top of that it`s SUPER expensive, and there`s really not much more to say other than how much it sucks. Maybe I`ll show off some pictures when I get the chance. I`ve been busy with alot of stuff on top of this too frown .
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 06:48:53 AM »

I know how it feels.  I've had to have two cats put to sleep this year, one I'd had 12 years, the other 10.  Luckily both had relatively few health problems to that point.  

It's tough but like my mother said there are plenty of cats out there that need homes so while it's hard to say goodbye to a good friend you are going to be able to help another one now.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
spoonful
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
=(
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 06:48:59 AM »

Sorry for your loss man  frown  .
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 12:28:37 PM »

I love my three cats and would be a mess if I had to put any of them to sleep.  Sorry to hear that man.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 01:53:40 PM »

My heart goes out to you, I have two cats and I can't imagine having to put any of them down. Pets really do become more then pets, they become friends and family members. Funny how they have their own personalities and ways of doing things. Sorry once again, hope you feel better soon.

Ascendent
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 02:27:24 PM »

Very sorry to hear that, Harp.
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 03:26:33 PM »

Very sorry to hear about your cat.  We had to put down one of ours (diabetic) 3 years ago and it was very rough.

Now playing: Suikoden 2 [PSX], Neverwinter Nights 2 [PC]
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 06:31:31 AM »

Thanks again guys. That did seem to help a bit. I`m sure over time it will get a bit more easy. We`re actually holding up alright, but wow...it sure is rough. Thanks again, and here`s a noob question. How could I post a few pics of him here? I`m a total noob to some things as you see, thx :wink: .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: