http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 11:45:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I had to put my cat to sleep yesterday...  (Read 400 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »

What's there to say. It sucks. She only had one kidney since birth and it was failing. I've done it before and it never gets any more easy, that's for sure. Lily will be missed a ton. Just a six year old tabby, and a sweet one. Loved to cuddle, slept in our bed every night. She loves to "spoon" with me. My wife always joked that lily got more time with me than she did;). Our other cat, lucky, now isn't sure what to do. Our two dogs are weirded out by her being gone as well.

I just needed to vent and share my frustrations with someone. Six years is nowhere near long enough. We've gotten screwed out of time with other animals as well. One of our dogs also was only six when he passed. Oh boy. Work is gonna suck today. Can't take off. At least my wife could. I can't imagine her doing real well out and about this soon. Feels like my heart has been ripped right out.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 05:48:24 PM »

I've been there my friend.  Nothing can really be said to help, but I understand your pain. 

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »

sorry to hear about your cat,I had 3 cats who all died within a year of each other(ran over,poisoned(Blood) and attacked by dogs) they were all 3 years old-two sisters and a brother,and it broke my heart each time..i rang my Dad as soon as the last one died and he said "Do you want a new cat?"..i think it was the first time i swore at my dad in reply

I got a new 6 week old kitten about a year later and decided she was going to be an indoor cat,Carrie hits 10 years old next month

I don't think they live long enough as it is if they can make it to old age,but 6 years is even worse,I hope work can go fast for you today so you can get home to your other pets

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 07:54:27 PM »

Sorry to hear it. Our cat turns 15 in May and is still healthy, but I know he's running down.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 08:18:20 PM »

Very sorry for your loss.  We have 3 cats and I don't want them to get any older.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 08:47:05 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 04:06:22 AM »

So sorry to hear that, Harpua. I know how you're feeling. I had to put mine to sleep today. Most likely a brain tumor. It was just a week ago that we realized something was wrong.

I never thought I'd be mourning the 10 year old before the 15 year old.

Ale
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 04:57:57 AM »

frown

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on March 14, 2013, 08:47:05 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

+1  icon_frown

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 05:31:40 PM »

Thanks guys. Sorry for the slow response time on my part. I've worked every day since. Probably a good idea to keep my mind moving. It just never gets any easier, and as I knew before, but had been proven again. This is a great community and it helps to know you aren't alone. Thankyou.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: