http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 08:18:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Had My First Whopper this past week  (Read 9322 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:48:13 AM »

and it was delicious.

Whycome no one told me Burger King has delicious food?

It. Was. So. Good.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 01:49:23 AM »

One does not inform others of the deliciousness of the whopper. By the time you are in your 20s it is assumed that you have experienced the whopper, the big mac, the wendy's square and the slider.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 01:50:12 AM »

The only explanation for this thread is that you were just released from a forty year prison sentence.  How else could this possibly be true?  Are you not, sir, an American?  With all rights and obligations of that role?
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 01:55:48 AM »

Wait....you've never had a Whopper?  How old are you?  Hell, I haven't had a Whopper in probably 10 years, but I still find it hard to believe you could be in your teens/twenties/or even worse beyond that and not have had a Whopper.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 01:58:55 AM »

Quote from: ATB on April 14, 2008, 01:48:13 AM

and it was delicious.

It. Was. So. Good.

Ack.  Burger King is the most god-awful fast food joint on the planet, and the Whopper is truly their most vile creation.

Stay far, far away, lest this freak devour your soul:

ďMy next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 02:16:39 AM »

I'm 33 and have never had a Whopper. Two reasons: mayonnaise and tomato. I don't eat either. Never have, never will. Why any food establishment would consider mayonnaise a default condiment boggles my mind. And yes, I know I could "have it my way" but without the tomato and mayo I might as well just order a regular cheeseburger at half the price.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 02:28:59 AM »

I mainly eat BK when I need a fast acting laxative.  paranoid

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 02:36:34 AM »

BK Diner was my hangover food in college.  No more BK, or fast food for that matter, but if I do eat a burger it's In N' Out.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 03:00:56 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on April 14, 2008, 02:16:39 AM

I'm 33 and have never had a Whopper. Two reasons: mayonnaise and tomato. I don't eat either. Never have, never will. Why any food establishment would consider mayonnaise a default condiment boggles my mind. And yes, I know I could "have it my way" but without the tomato and mayo I might as well just order a regular cheeseburger at half the price.

stare into my eyes:

you will eat a Whopper!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 03:02:13 AM »

Two reasons: mayonnaise and tomato. I don't eat either. Never have, never will.

You've never eaten either?  You won't even try a tomato?!  Is it because you're not sure if they're vegetables or fruits?
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 03:06:57 AM »

Quote from: ATB on April 14, 2008, 01:48:13 AM

and it was delicious.

It. Was. So. Good.
Was it part of your marathon training?   icon_twisted

(Although I ate 4 large slices of pizza this evening  retard )
warning

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 03:08:49 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on April 14, 2008, 03:02:13 AM

Two reasons: mayonnaise and tomato. I don't eat either. Never have, never will.

You've never eaten either?  You won't even try a tomato?!  Is it because you're not sure if they're vegetables or fruits?

Tomatoes are slimy.  I won't go near them.  Mayo is great as long as I don't think about it too much.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 03:10:32 AM »

Sure, tomatoes can get soggy, but I'm sure you've actually eaten one at some point before drawing your conclusions, yes?

Mayo is just egg whites and vegetable oil; what's to hate? smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 03:15:11 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on April 14, 2008, 03:10:32 AM

Mayo is just egg whites and vegetable oil; what's to hate? smile

Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe

From The New Doubleday Cookbook by Jean Anderson & Elaine Hanna (Doubleday)
You'll be amazed at the bright flavor of homemade mayonnaise. It's really very simple and fast to make with a blender or processor. Variations are given for flavored mayonnaises as well.
INGREDIENTS:

* 2 egg yolks
    * 3/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
    * 1/8 teaspoon sugar
    * Pinch cayenne pepper
    * 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice or white vinegar
    * 1-1/2 cups olive or other salad oil
    * 4 teaspoons hot water

PREPARATION:
Beat yolks, salt, mustard, sugar, pepper, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl until very thick and pale yellow. (Note: If using electric mixer, beat at medium speed.) Add about 1/4 cup oil, drop by drop, beating vigorously all the while. Beat in 1 teaspoon each lemon juice and hot water. Add another 1/4 cup oil, a few drops at a time, beating vigorously all the while. Beat in another teaspoon each lemon juice and water. Add 1/2 cup oil in a very fine steady stream, beating constantly, then mix in remaining lemon juice and water; slowly beat in remaining oil. If you like, thin mayonnaise with a little additional hot water. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Do not keep longer than 1 week.

Yield: 1-1/2 cups

Blender or Processor Mayonnaise Place yolks, salt, mustard, sugar, pepper, and 3 teaspoons lemon juice in blender cup or work bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade, and buzz 15 seconds (use low blender speed). Now, with motor running, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup oil (use moderately high blender speed). As mixture begins to thicken, continue adding oil in a fine steady stream, alternating with hot water and remaining lemon juice. Stop motor and scrape mixture down from sides of blender cup or work bowl as needed.

Variations
Remoulade Dressing: Prepare mayonnaise as directed, then mix in 1 tablespoon each minced capers and gherkins, 2 teaspoons each anchovy paste and Dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon each minced parsley and fresh chervil. Serve with seafood or use to dress cold vegetable salads or sliced tomatoes.

Sauce Nicoise: Prepare mayonnaise as directed and set aside. Mix 2 tablespoons tomato puree with 2 minced pimientos and 1/2 crushed clove garlic; press through a fine sieve and blend into mayonnaise.

Russian Mayonnaise: Prepare mayonnaise, then mix in 1/4 cup black or red caviar, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill.

Mustard Mayonnaise: Prepare mayonnaise, then mix in 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard.

Curry Mayonnaise: Prepare mayonnaise, then blend in 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder.

Chantilly Mayonnaise: Prepare mayonnaise, then fold in 1/2 cup heavy cream, beaten to soft peaks.

Fruit Mayonnaise: Prepare mayonnaise, then beat in 3 tablespoons each orange juice and superfine sugar, 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind, and a pinch nutmeg. For added zip, mix in 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or other fruit liqueur. Serve with fruit salads.

Thin Mayonnaise: Prepare mayonnaise, then thin to desired consistency by beating in hot water, a tablespoon at a time.

Source: The New Doubleday Cookbook by Jean Anderson & Elaine Hanna (Doubleday)
Reprinted with permission.

Because I can,
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 03:16:58 AM »

I've gotta say, the "fruit mayonnaise" with the liquor in it sounds pretty good.  I mean - it might not taste good, but I'm all for adding liquor to condiments!
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 03:18:09 AM »

So you've never had tomato sauce or tomato soup or tomato juice before?  So no pizza or spaghetti?  Because honestly, I doubt it.

Maybe you haven't had a raw tomato before, but I can't imagine what you're excuse is if you've had plenty of other tomato based foods.  Please do tell.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 03:31:27 AM »

I've grown to tolerate tomatoes, but I used to not be able to stand the raw flavor.  Tomato sauces were always just fine, but if it was raw on a burger or sandwich I just couldn't eat it.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 03:33:44 AM »

I try to stay away from mayo, but I do love it.   Tomatoes are one of my favs!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 03:37:45 AM »

I can't imagine a sandwich or burger without mayo.  Hell, I love them on my fries.  Without mayo, everything goes down the throat just a little rougher.

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 03:42:43 AM »

I’ve never eaten a hamburger from a fast-food restaurant and I’m 22.  It just seems like a waste when it’s something I couple make myself for cheaper.  Besides, I only like hamburger when it’s been burnt past the point of being recognized as meat anyways, so I doubt I would like it. 
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 03:45:53 AM »

Quote from: Lordnine on April 14, 2008, 03:42:43 AM

Iíve never eaten a hamburger from a fast-food restaurant and Iím 22.  It just seems like a waste when itís something I couple make myself for cheaper.  Besides, I only like hamburger when itís been burnt past the point of being recognized as meat anyways, so I doubt I would like it. 

I can understand the logic there of making one yourself, however, I am amazed your parents never took you to a fast food restaurant...or did they and you just never tried a hamburger?

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 03:58:22 AM »

I would like BK a lot more if they didn't nuke everything.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 04:10:22 AM »

I like to eat tomatoes like they were apples... great treat!

And whoppers.... they are my downfall, I love them.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 04:45:45 AM »

I was in my late twenties before I ever had White Castle, but that is because there are none around me.

About ten years ago, fast food was my lunch everyday at work.  I lived for the hour I could leave the building and go to Burger King, McDonald's, Arby's, Wendy's or some local chain selling greasy food.  Things have changed and it's now a 3-4 times a month thing now, instead of 5-6 times a week.

As for tomatoes, I never liked them and would always pick them off anything, even if they were diced and buried in a burrito.  Then I got so I could tolerate a minimal amount in Mexican food.  Then about a month or so ago, I got a bacon cheeseburger at a restaurant and for some unknown reason decided to keep the tomato on.  It wasn't too bad and added to the flavor of the sandwich.  Since then I've kept them on, whenever the sandwich comes with tomato, but I don't go out of my way to get tomatoes.

I will say, I still don't know why anyone would want to put pickle anywhere near a burger, though.  The worst is when the pickle spear comes on the side and they throw the fries on top and half of the fries taste like pickle juice.  Yuck!

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 04:55:17 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 14, 2008, 03:37:45 AM

Without mayo, everything goes down the throat just a little rougher.

icon_twisted

Because I can,
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 05:00:50 AM »

My favourite fast food joints are Wendy's and A&W. Used to not care so much about A&W when I was young, but I've grown to be really fond of them. I think they've only gotten better, and you can't complain that they water down their pop either, as they don't put tons of ice in it like most places do.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 05:01:34 AM »

mayonnaise and tomato. I don't eat either. Never have, never will.

I'm no huge supporter of mayo, but based on this statement I take it to understand that you've never had a BLT?  You poor, poor bastard.

gellar
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 05:25:20 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 14, 2008, 03:45:53 AM

I can understand the logic there of making one yourself, however, I am amazed your parents never took you to a fast food restaurant...or did they and you just never tried a hamburger?

Well we didn’t have much money and only got to eat out maybe once every couple months but when we did it really came down to ‘why have hamburger when you can have chicken?’
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 05:35:43 AM »

Quote from: Austin on April 14, 2008, 03:06:57 AM

Was it part of your marathon training?   icon_twisted

Sadly that's been on hold for about a month. I am fat all over again. I begin anew today!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 07:14:45 AM »

The slider is hard to have unless you live near a White Castle. Yes, I know they're in the freezer section.  But THAT IS NOT THE SAME.

That being said?  I prefer Jack in the Box for burgers, Wendy' for fries.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 11:34:16 AM »

God I love White Castle.  We used to call them Belly Bombers in St. Louis growing up.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 11:41:11 AM »

I will say, I still don't know why anyone would want to put pickle anywhere near a burger, though.  The worst is when the pickle spear comes on the side and they throw the fries on top and half of the fries taste like pickle juice.  Yuck!

Those new Extreme Dill Pickle Pringles taste exactly like this.

As far as Whoppers, they're a rare treat for me.....quite a few BK's in the area have disappeared and it's a drive to the nearest one now.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »

Whoppers do taste great the only problem is that its pretty much all the calories you should have for an entire day in one burger.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 12:13:51 PM »

To clarify - I don't eat raw tomato. Of course I eat tomato sauce on pizza, spaghetti, etc. But raw tomato - forget it. And it's not that I've never tried it. My wife loves to make these tomato appetizers for parties that consist of sliced raw tomato with cheese and salad dressing on them, and I've tried several time to enjoy them for her sake. But...ughhhh.

Mayonnaise I'm even less tolerant of. Just the sheer sight of it makes me gag. I'm generally opposed to any sort of white sauces, which is why I don't eat ranch dressing and can barely tolerate alfredo sauce.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 12:57:55 PM »

Man do you guys all live on the East Coast or Russia?  I say again:

http://www.in-n-out.com/default.asp
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 01:00:08 PM »

Quote from: Lee on April 14, 2008, 03:58:22 AM

I would like BK a lot more if they didn't nuke everything.

Does it all come out of the microwave now?  I don't eat much fast food anymore, but one of the big selling points of BK over McD used to be that the BK burger patties went through a pizza oven-esque conveyer belt "flame broiler" rather than coming out of a steam tray like McD.

My favorite fast food chain burger is the short lived "Big King" burger.  It was made just like a Big Mac, but with bigger patties and buns.  It was all the best parts of the Big Mac--but better.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 01:40:48 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on April 14, 2008, 12:57:55 PM

Yes I live on the east coast.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 01:58:12 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on April 14, 2008, 12:13:51 PM

I don't eat ranch dressing and can barely tolerate alfredo sauce.

dude... seriously...

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to ďholy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?Ē
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on April 14, 2008, 01:40:48 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on April 14, 2008, 12:57:55 PM

Yes I live on the east coast.

On a recent visit to the West Coast (from Canada no less), I had the pleasure of trying an In-n-Out burger. It was heaven (I think I went for the double). I'm not a big fan of the fries though, but I've had worse.
My health would be in serious jeopardy if they ever made their way across the border.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »

This post started me at bewildered and now I am just sad.  People who don't eat mayo, pickled, tomatoes, alfredo sauce, etc......well......   crybaby

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: