http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 08:07:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I fell in to a burning... Goblet of Fire?  (Read 981 times)
CrayolaSmoker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2005, 03:10:41 PM »

- or -

The OFFICIAL "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: The Movie" Thread!Holy Crap!

Fun movie.  I thought Brendan Gleeson's rendition of Mad-eye Moody was brilliant, as was the effects work on his eye.  Major scene-stealer throughout.

Liked the way they visualized Voldemort.  Even if he does remind me a bit of the reconstituted Cobra Commander.  biggrin

The filmmakers are doing a bang-up job of separating the "need to know" from the "nice to know" (to borrow an expression from some of my instructors).  Yes, that means we're getting a highlight reel and missing out on some potentially cool stuff (dragon fights, anyone?), but it lets them squeeze the story into 2-and-a-half hours, so it's a fair compromise.

Hermione's gonna be smokin' by the time this series is done.  I'm just sayin'.

So, what'd you folks think?

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 06:31:37 PM »

Loved it... I have some gripes but overall loved it.  For examply, Barty Crouch Jr. is not in Harry's dream.  Harry sees him for the first time in the pensive and has no clue who he is.  I felt they overdid the dragon scene by leaps and bounds.

The tension between Ron, Harry and Hermione was done fantastically well.   Overall a wonderful adaptation of the book.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 08:46:51 PM »

Never seen a single one of these. Are they worth it?
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 10:05:34 PM »

TTIWWP proving why Hermione's going to be "smokin'"

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 12:04:57 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

The first two I liked but didn't love. They captured the world perfectly, but the acting was a little overbearing in parts. Then the third one hit and it was wonderous. The acting was leaps and bounds better, the effects didn't stand out as much (i.e. they blended in better with the background thus making the concept of a magical world way more believable) and now the fourth one which was also fantastic.

As someone who has only read the first book, I'm approaching each film as a film, not as a book turned into a movie. When I see them, I get the whole story and appreciate how they condense a lot of backstory into either a single line or a visual. I'd say pick them up because they are overall terrific fun. The casts are brilliant.

All hail Alan Rickman and now Brenden Gleeson as Snape and now Mad-Eyed Moody are my two favorite characters in the series. biggrin Also, I loved how they did Voldemort in the fourth one. Ralph Fiennes adds such theatrical menace to the character that his imperious nature is awesome to behold. Didn't like his facial make-up a whole lot though.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 04:58:02 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

Skip the first two movies, they try to hard to include everything from the books and ended up as a spastic flipbook of 5 second clips.  Instead, read the first two books, they're quick reads and you could easily go through both in one night.

The 3rd and 4th movies are definitely worth seeing, they finally realized they were allowed to cut scenes out of the book.
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 05:58:39 AM »

I'd agree with Wonderpug. The first two movies were cute, but the third movie was leaps and bounds ahead of them in quality. I'm hoping to see Goblet of Fire next weekend with the wife.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 09:26:24 AM »

My wife loves Harry Potter so we went to see this.  I enjoyed it for the most part, more than the last 3, mostly due to the fact that it changed to a darker grittier movie.

Spoiler for Hiden:
My wife was kind of upset saying they changed some things from the book.  Something about how things went down in the hedge maze and how Harry found out Moode wasnt Moode but that jr. guy.

S all in all, it is a pretty enjoyable movie for someone that doesnt really care that much about Harry Potter.

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 01:12:27 PM »

Saw this on Friday night and really liked it a lot.  I personally liked the third movie slightly more -- theunecessary  'humour' moments took me out of it just slightly, as did the 15 year old next to me who yelled 'powned' four times during the movie.

But aside from those two factors, it could have easily been my favorite so far.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: