http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 12:30:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can`t believe it`s...  (Read 1457 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2005, 09:36:14 AM »

Already December. WTF? Wow, time does move faster as I get older. If it keep the acceleration at this rate, I`m screwed. heh. Anyone else REALLY feeling this lately?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:45:56 AM »

My God yes....the last few years of college have been absolute Hell, but I look up and have 6 months to go.  Where'd it go??

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 10:32:22 AM »

Yeup.  I'll be dead before I know it.

College is boring as f*ck for me, though.  The total lack of memorable events really makes for some powerful time compression.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:38:57 AM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
College is boring as f*ck for me, though.  The total lack of memorable events really makes for some powerful time compression.

You know, that is probably it.  I go to DeVry, so no dorm life, no hot liberal arts majors, etc.  Its just work work work work work.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 10:40:35 AM »

Gotta hit the mall to finish up my Christmas shopping before it gets even worse.

Quote from: "Harpua3"
Wow, time does move faster as I get older. If it keep the acceleration at this rate, I`m screwed. heh. Anyone else REALLY feeling this lately?

I've determined time doesn't move any faster, it's my memory that gets progressively worse.  As I get older, I lose bigger and bigger chunks of memory, so when I paste it all together in my head, the past year accumulates to about a month worth of time.  It's the poor man's time travel!  smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 11:19:06 AM »

Two more weeks of college here biggrin  and even though I'm been looking forward to finding a real, stable job, I know I'm gonna miss college.

And yeah, November was a breeze.  Seriously.  That went by quick.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 11:20:46 AM »

Same here.  November flew by.  Graduating college in about a week.  Going to miss it.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 11:22:23 AM »

*sniffle*  Wish I was graduating college in a week....I want my life back!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 12:33:10 PM »

I can`t believe it`s...the 21st century! :shock:  Never thought I'd live that long.

Ye Olde Farte
warning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 12:45:43 PM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"
I can`t believe it`s...the 21st century! :shock:  Never thought I'd live that long.

You're still alive?  I thought you were a shotgun-toting zombie or something?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 06:14:58 AM »

We are almost more than half way from 2000 to 2010 :shock:  :shock:  :shock: !!!WTF!!!? :?  That freaks me out.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 02:37:51 AM »

in 28 days and a few hours I am going to be 32 years old.  ugh, that's like ancient   Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 03:22:51 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
in 28 days and a few hours I am going to be 32 years old.  ugh, that's like ancient   Tongue

I turned 28 today.  Woohoo!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 04:58:40 AM »

I have goats that old. :?

Ye Olde Farte
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 05:43:33 AM »

I've determined time doesn't move any faster, it's my memory that gets progressively worse. As I get older, I lose bigger and bigger chunks of memory, so when I paste it all together in my head, the past year accumulates to about a month worth of time. It's the poor man's time travel!
I have goats that old.

OMG, some funny stuff here!

And Harpua, re: the original post:
Already December. WTF? Wow, time does move faster as I get older. If it keep the acceleration at this rate, I`m screwed. heh. Anyone else REALLY feeling this lately?

My sense is that - YES, time is moving faster.  The real problem though, is that I'm also moving slower... so it's definitely an "effect  to the Nth power" - sorry Nth - had to use your name for a minute - oops , that flew by too!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 06:33:06 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
I've determined time doesn't move any faster, it's my memory that gets progressively worse. As I get older, I lose bigger and bigger chunks of memory, so when I paste it all together in my head, the past year accumulates to about a month worth of time. It's the poor man's time travel!
I have goats that old.

OMG, some funny stuff here!

And Harpua, re: the original post:

My sense is that - YES, time is moving faster.  The real problem though, is that I'm also moving slower... so it's definitely an "effect  to the Nth power" - sorry Nth - had to use your name for a minute - oops , that flew by too!

Lol. Good responses! Well, I`ll be...ready for this...(I`m not)...30 in just 2 months :shock: !!! Wow!
 Does time move faster because of day to day repetition? Any other ideas on that?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 06:33:36 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"

BTW, happy B-day!!!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 09:01:50 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"

I like it!  smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 04:10:53 PM »

Yeah time flies by. Seems like just yesterday I was 19 and I'm only 2 months away from being 25 now. Some people still think that's young but before you know it, you hit the bit 30, then the dreadful 40, and then it's all over as you hit 50 and beyond.
I miss my younger days and definitely feel the age catching up on me. The years just keep going by and I keep looking back and wondering where they went to. Then I hear Tim McGraw's "Live like you were dying" and make that the motto of my life. I'm headed to Brazil and Ireland next year, and plan on doing a lot of road trips.
Truth is, you start dying the moment you're born. Why not live like it?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 05:46:11 PM »

I was completely expecting the body of your post to say nothing but "not butter!"

Followed by a picture of Fabio.

I'm disappointed, but not because there's no picture of Fabio. Nobody on the earth will ever be disappointed over not seeing a picture of that womanly-man-thing-creature.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 05:49:35 PM »

I don't want to say that, in hindsight, college time seems slow.  Was talking with some college friends a few weeks ago and we realized it'd been eleven years since I graduated.

Eleven years.  I don't feel old though.

But man, time goes fast, and people tell me it just goes faster.  I try to make a point to stop and smell the flowers every so often anyhow.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 07:08:17 PM »

in 28 days and a few hours I am going to be 32 years old. ugh, that's like ancient  Tongue

and then it's all over as you hit 50 and beyond.

And it just goes on and on, lol! But as one of my nephews is fond of saying, when anyone laments another birthday:"Well, just consider the alternative." Bingo!

The really weird thing, for me - is that no matter how old I get, or how flakey my brain gets (from age and mitochondrial disease) - I still feel "the same" -  I have this sense of myself as a "regular" person in my head. I don't feel juvenile, but I also don't have an interior image of myself as old, or even middle-aged.  There is so much evidence to the contrary, that it's hysterical - I can't think of words when speaking, I mix up words when typing (your/ you're, there/ their, etc.), I forget stuff constantly, plus I feel physically ancient (the MITO again) - but I'm still the "Original Me" in my head.   WTH?  :shock:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 06:55:01 AM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
I was completely expecting the body of your post to say nothing but "not butter!"

Followed by a picture of Fabio.

I'm disappointed, but not because there's no picture of Fabio. Nobody on the earth will ever be disappointed over not seeing a picture of that womanly-man-thing-creature.

Sorry I couldn`t provide what you needed :wink: .
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 12:17:45 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"

15, there's still time for you,
Time to burn and time to lose...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: