http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 10:40:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can be self-indulgent too!!!!  (Read 564 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2006, 01:07:56 AM »

Well, after a week of waiting, my new Samsung arrived today.  I'd show pics but the cameras acting wonky.  It looks very nice, but I already know there are a few things I need to do to get the best experience.  First of all my TV stand is too tall (the shelf the TV sits on is just a bit over 3 feet up) so I'm not getting the most optimal viewing angle.  Secondly, it's time to ditch the DVD player I've had since 2000 (looks like crap and I don't think it has any component outputs) and get one of the newer models with HDMI.  Finally, I have to contact WOW to upgrade my cable and get them to send me a HD DVR (the one I have only has coaxial and composite outputs) one I've finished my backlog of recorded shows.  I also need to play around with the settings, but that will mostly come after I get everything else just right.

I fired up the 360, set it up first for 720 then for 1080i and played around with GRAW and Just Cause.  It was very nice, and now I can't use the excuse of 'my screen is too small so I couldn't tell that you are a friendly' when I accidentally plug someone in the back while playing GRAW.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:51:56 AM »

Hedonist!
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 02:02:12 AM »

Congrats!!! A big tv does make it all more enjoyable.
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 01:49:21 AM »

Let me recommend www.oppodigital.com for your new DVD player. They have a sweet upconverting player with HDMI output (DV-970HD). It's very responsive and the picture quality is outstanding. I'm loving mine, which I just bought a couple months ago.

(I don't work for them or anything, just passing along my opinion after looking at many players)
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 05:21:31 AM »

Quote from: Old Negus on October 26, 2006, 01:49:21 AM

Let me recommend www.oppodigital.com for your new DVD player. They have a sweet upconverting player with HDMI output (DV-970HD). It's very responsive and the picture quality is outstanding. I'm loving mine, which I just bought a couple months ago.

(I don't work for them or anything, just passing along my opinion after looking at many players)
and i'll throw in my recommendation for one from Sony...picked up the Sony DVP-NC85H/B last weekend when i got my new HDTV.  it's an upconverting 5-disc changer with great picture quality for a pretty reasonable price...got mine on sale at BestBuy for $127, and i think the sale is still good as long as your order it online (can still do in-store pickup though).  i went with the Sony after reading quite a few good opinions around the net and haven't been disappointed at all...works great icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:59:33 PM »

Quote from: Old Negus on October 26, 2006, 01:49:21 AM

Seconded. Oppo is pretty much the best upconverting DVD player you can get and they can be had for $200 and under.  Even nicer- they come with HDMI/DVI cables. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: