http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 10:44:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't be cancelled!  (Read 1255 times)
dbt1949
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2006, 09:16:13 PM »

When we called our insurance company to get insurance for our new (to us) truck the agent noticed that I'd been with them (GEICO) for 26 years. He said because of how long I'd been with them that they could never cancel me no matter how many accidents I get in. The only way they can cancel me is if I don't make the payments.
I thought that was kinda neat.  icon_wink

Ye Olde Farte
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 10:56:52 PM »

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 11:56:17 PM »

Quote from: dbt1949 on October 21, 2006, 09:16:13 PM

When we called our insurance company to get insurance for our new (to us) truck the agent noticed that I'd been with them (GEICO) for 26 years. He said because of how long I'd been with them that they could never cancel me no matter how many accidents I get in. The only way they can cancel me is if I don't make the payments.
I thought that was kinda neat.  icon_wink

Similar thing here, we've been with our agent for nearly 15 years. My wifes vehicle was rear ended last year, and because of Michigans No-Fault law, our insurance had to pay for our repairs, which amounted to almost $4,000.00.. Our insurance didn't go up a penny.  We still pay only about $711.00 a year for 2 vehicles.

BTW, I have some good insurance tips..  Insure vehicles as "Pleasure" and not driven to or from work, and it saves $$$$ and you can just say you are laid off or something.  Another tip, drop to basic on any car worth your premium X2. For example if you pay $2000.00 a year in insurance, drop any car that is worth $4000 or less down to basic collision and save $$$.

There are more tricks, but you'll have to buy my book to find those out.   icon_wink
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 06:02:06 PM by Kobra » Logged

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 12:24:44 AM »

We have two vehicles,one of which is a fairly new small SUV and we pay $400 (full coverage on both)a year. As neither of us go to work we're listed as "pleasure vehicles" like you said. Add to thst our good driving record and having been with the company so long we get some pretty good discounts.
Add a teenage driver tho and we'd probably go up to $10,000 a year. icon_wink

Ye Olde Farte
Shkspr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 04:37:18 AM »

Quote from: Kobra on October 21, 2006, 11:56:17 PM

There are more tricks, but you'll have to buy my book to find those out.   icon_wink

Naah, we'll use Kobra trick #172 and just read the book in the comfy chairs they have in the bookstore while chewing on the free ice from the cafe.  :slywink:
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 05:29:35 AM »

There are more tricks, but you'll have to buy my book to find those out.   icon_wink

I already have a copy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 01:15:31 PM »

BTW, I have some good insurance tips..  Insure vehicles as "Pleasure" and not driven to or from work, and it saves $$$$ and you can just say you are laid off or something. 

Yes, and when you're in an accident on your way to work, they then can refuse to pay.  Good job!

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 05:33:06 PM »

You can't be cancelled, but you can still be moved to a shitty time slot.  Carefull man, I don't want to have to catch the dbt Show at 3am on Monday Mornings  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 07:43:05 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on October 22, 2006, 01:15:31 PM

BTW, I have some good insurance tips..  Insure vehicles as "Pleasure" and not driven to or from work, and it saves $$$$ and you can just say you are laid off or something. 

Yes, and when you're in an accident on your way to work, they then can refuse to pay.  Good job!

How the hell would they know you are on the way to work?   Nevermind the fact a cop wouldn't ask, and NOBODY is stupid enough to say "Umm, Officer, can you write on that accident report that I was driving to work so my insurance will fuck me?"..   I'm sure your insurance company loves all of the extra $ you pay them though, keep up the good work.  thumbsup

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 08:07:11 AM »

Quote from: Kobra on October 22, 2006, 07:43:05 PM

How the hell would they know you are on the way to work?   Nevermind the fact a cop wouldn't ask, and NOBODY is stupid enough to say "Umm, Officer, can you write on that accident report that I was driving to work so my insurance will fuck me?"..   I'm sure your insurance company loves all of the extra $ you pay them though, keep up the good work.  thumbsup

That's true as long as you don't do anything that the insurance company becomes suspicious about, such as a large claim or too many claims.  Then they are likely to do some investigating and then you are screwed because you are lying to them.  As long as you don't have a run of bad luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.   Roll Eyes

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 12:24:26 PM »

It's like cheating on your taxes; it's great until you get caught...

Geico won't even touch Massachusetts -- but that doesn't stop us from being deluged by their advertisements.  Strange.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 02:01:15 PM »

Similar thing here, we've been with our agent for nearly 15 years. My wifes vehicle was rear ended last year, and because of Michigans No-Fault law, our insurance had to pay for our repairs, which amounted to almost $4,000.00.. Our insurance didn't go up a penny.  We still pay only about $711.00 a year for 2 vehicles.
Hmm.. I'd been with my insurance company, State Farm, for 17 years and found out I could get better coverage for half the price by switching to Citizens.

So much for loyalty.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 03:03:05 PM »

I quit State Farm to go with GEICO. Got tired of them raising the rates 10-20% a year.

Ye Olde Farte
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 09:13:37 PM »

I won't touch State Farm ever because when I was 18 my mom got a letter from them that basically said 'You will get insurance for your kids and stop letting them drive your car without a license and insurance.'  Of course, when I was living with my mom, we didn't have a ton of money, and I didn't actually get my license until I was 19 and about to move outta the house.  They basically harrased her about it for six months, with no proof that we were doing it and then suddenly dropped it.  It pissed me off to no end and I make an effort to avoid even being on their mailing lists.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 10:00:29 PM »

I'm with USAA thumbsup....and I guess I'm a good driver, so the sent me a letter saying my rates wont go up if I have an accident  Tongue
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 12:32:32 PM »

Quote from: Zero on October 23, 2006, 10:00:29 PM

I'm with USAA thumbsup....and I guess I'm a good driver, so the sent me a letter saying my rates wont go up if I have an accident  Tongue

My favorite part of using USAA for car insurance is the refund checks they send back every couple years.  Them being not-for-profit, when we're alll good and don't get into accidents, they'll send out 'dividend checks'.  Usually just $100 or so, but hey, much nicer than not getting anything back!

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
DocD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 09:18:59 PM »

As someone who deals with auto insurers regularly I wouldn't do that. Insurers are happy to write your policy anyway you want it but if you have a major accident they will check to make sure that you are not driving to work in that vehicle. If you are they will deny your claim for false information. Morale of the story: Make sure you can prove what you are telling your insurance company.

docD
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:41:37 PM by DocD » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: