http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 01:50:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am *so* going to hell for this  (Read 1245 times)
Drazzil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2006, 11:46:43 PM »

So my moms gone bat-shit insane... again. She is refusing to take her meds and talking to herself and she thinks she is the wife of Jesus or someodd bullshit again. I called my recruiter and if this gets any worse, I'm going to quick ship to boot camp before she manages to throw me out... I did menton that this almost always winds up with me being thrown out right? Shes done this four times before. What makes things worse is that her house is chock full of worthless thrift store shit that she brings home because her crazy addled brain thinks that its valuable. She is now around $8,000 dollars in debt on 23-26% interest rate credit cards.

She is just now entering her paranoid phase. She thinks everyone is trying to kill her. She suspects everyone and anyone of crimes against her person...

I told her that her debtors at the credit card companies would get together and kill her in her sleep if she didn't pay them off...  :twisted:

I think she bought it...
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 11:57:38 PM »

Draz, my mother is the same way (albeit to a lesser degree).

The problem, IMO, is that she is addicted to chaos.  So she will always do whatever it takes to create more chaos in your life, her life, and anyone else who has the misfortune of having a personal relationship with her.

The only 'cure' is to take care of yourself.  Like they tell everyone who has major problems to deal with (drugs, alchohol, depression, whatever), you can't SAVE other people.  

Your primary focus has to be oh making sure YOU are alright.  Once YOU are ok, you can then worry about helping other people, but you cannot help both yourself and other people until your problems are resolved.

I say let her hit rock bottom, since she is determined to go there anyway.  Once she gets there, there will be no alternative but to deal with her problems.  All helping people like that does is give them a way to continue avoiding their problems by pushing them off on others.
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 12:12:04 AM »

Dont worry about it man. You're not responsible for her or what she does. Go live your life.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 12:34:09 AM »

My advice would be to preempt her.  Call your recruiter to quick-ship out, and DON'T TELL HER.

This will not give her any chance to make life for you any more difficult, which is really her intention.  Why else would she choose to go off her medication right before you leave?

Make what arrangements you have to, like putting your stuff in storage or whatever, and move on with your life.  Years from now, you will realize what good advice this was.

Also, with bootcamp, remember one thing- no matter how hard it seems, hundreds of thousands of people have gone through bootcamp.  There is nothing they can do that you can't do, and probably better.

Regardless, it sounds like the alternative to not completing bootcamp would be far more difficult than completing it, so that should help motivate you as well.  Everyone can tell you, the service is incredibly easier once you graduate from basic training.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 12:58:51 AM »

And hey its the Air Force right? Maybe you'll get to guard the Stargate SG-1 complex smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 01:22:12 AM »

Wow.  Draz, can I get one of those little snaky looking stun guns?  Those are da bomb!
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 02:58:41 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
And hey its the Air Force right? Maybe you'll get to guard the Stargate SG-1 complex smile

Well, shit.  If I'd have known the SG-1 complex was available I'd have responded to all those damn recruitment letters.  (Seriously, Ive been getting 'em every 1-2 months ever since I joined nursing school.)

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Hapfloyde
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 04:59:51 AM »

I went and met with the NG after they called me one time.  I didn't sign up, but strung them along enough that they let me climb in a tank.

Ha, ha, ha. You have struck Hercules!
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 05:26:31 AM »

Wow, good luck with that.  My GF was (is on meds so not much trouble any more) bipolar.  Sweet mother that can be heart-wrenching.  I can't say that I would just go, but if you can't help her by staying, then getting out is your best bet.   Take care.

Rhino

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 11:52:46 AM »

Wow, that does suck bigtime. Mental issues are a horrible thing to have to deal with.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 01:59:35 PM »

Quote from: "Drazzil"
Shes done this four times before.

What stopped it the four times before?

I told her that her debtors at the credit card companies would get together and kill her in her sleep if she didn't pay them off...

Not cool.  Feeding into someone's psychosis is never a good idea.  Yeah, it may be funny, or it may let you vent some frustration, but it will never help her get better.  It can only serve to maintain the status quo or to make things worse.

I would tentatively agree that you need to get out of the situation, but I'd like to know how she snapped out of it the prior times she went into these episodes.  If it was action you can take, you might consider doing her that one last favor before you ship off.

Drazzil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 05:10:23 PM »

Well, Im getting her to take her pills, at least in the last week or so, through various means (Mostly involving me crushing them up and slipping them to her through her drink or food) She is starting to accept them every night now.

She is a lot better now but she is still holding onto her delusions and talking to herself. I'm really starting to become frustrated. In the times before she seemed to click back into place in a week or so, but then again she was hospitalized in a mental ward before. Thats how she got better, and the only way she will get completely better is if I weren't to insist on her taking her pills, she would then completely lose it and become hospitalized.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 11:28:55 AM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Shes done this four times before.

What stopped it the four times before?

I told her that her debtors at the credit card companies would get together and kill her in her sleep if she didn't pay them off...

Not cool.  Feeding into someone's psychosis is never a good idea.  Yeah, it may be funny, or it may let you vent some frustration, but it will never help her get better.  It can only serve to maintain the status quo or to make things worse.

I would tentatively agree that you need to get out of the situation, but I'd like to know how she snapped out of it the prior times she went into these episodes.  If it was action you can take, you might consider doing her that one last favor before you ship off.

I would also agree with this. Between you guys, me and this post :wink: , I have anxiety issues that got bad from time to time and things like that would really NOT help. I know that`s a world of difference from what she has, but never the less...

I hope verything works out ok for you.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 01:53:40 PM »

I'm really starting to become frustrated. In the times before she seemed to click back into place in a week or so, but then again she was hospitalized in a mental ward before. Thats how she got better, and the only way she will get completely better is if I weren't to insist on her taking her pills, she would then completely lose it and become hospitalized.

That's a tough situation, Draz.  Even if she was currently bad enough to be committed, she'd be let go once her meds reached therapeutic levels.  Once freed, there's nobody there to keep her compliant with her treatment regimen.  Unfortunately, it's a very common cycle for those with mental disorders, and the reason terms like "revolving door" and "frequent flyer" are used so often in the field.

Am I safe in assuming she's too young and spry (or too poor and uninsured) to qualify for some type of assisted living or home health service?

Blonco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 12:27:49 PM »

I would hurry and go to basic before it is extended to 9 and a half weeks.  Just go approved so the sooner you get there the better.

You're going to hell with gasoline pants on!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 04:19:27 PM »

Good luck Drazz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: