http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 09:13:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm rich!  (Read 962 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2008, 04:23:37 PM »

COLE EDWARDS & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM
===============================
I wish to notify you that late Sheikh Ali Al-Fayadh has bequeathed to you,
$7, 100 000 to you in his WILL.
Please reply to: ******@live.com If i get this mail s i am
hopeful, Please click the link below for more on the death of my late client.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/06/28/iraq.main/

Regards,
The Rt. Hon the Lord Cole Edwards Esq

I really want to meet the person that falls for this. OK, maybe I don't.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 04:29:10 PM »

They're getting craftier.  The lady that got snowed received letters from "President Bush", et al.  I would love to see these docs and see if they pass a cursory examination.  The heart of a good lie is a little bit of truth.

Of course, the linked story is over three years old...

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »

at first read I thought the title said 'I'm right' and I was going to come in and say 'no you're not'.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 07:05:13 PM »

Damn how the hell did you get offered 7.1 million when I only got offered 4.7 million?!  icon_evil

United Nations Assisted Program
Directorate of All International Payments
United Nations Liaison Office - Africa.

This email is to notify you about the release of your outstanding payment which is truly $4.7 million. The Federal Government scheduled a time frame for the settlements of all foreign debts which includes Contract/Winnings/Inheritance/Gambling/Lottery/Fraud-re as well as all other Foreign loans. It had being discovered that over the years numerous individual(s) who happen to be impostors had being Impersonificating claiming to be individuals, banks and organizations whom they are not and had being claiming to release your fund to you via numerous ways but to no avail.

Attached to this message is a file explaining to you in details as well as some enlightenment's and reasons, a sure way on how you are to get your fund delivered to you with immediate effect. You are advise to adhere strict and to cease all forms of communications that has to do with these fraudsters who had been coming up with one problem or the other ceaselessly promising to release your fund to you which they never did.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Jerry Lisbon
Cc: Board of Director [Fpd]
Cc: All Foreign Payment Offices
Cc: Director of the FBI - Robert Swan Mueller III
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:08:11 PM by corruptrelic » Logged

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 07:26:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 26, 2008, 05:44:32 PM

at first read I thought the title said 'I'm right' and I was going to come in and say 'no you're not'.

Well, I'm not rich either.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 08:16:52 PM »

There's got to be a catch somewhere - as CeeKay warned us the last time.

QUESTION: If you guys won the lottery, say $20,000,000 up front after taxes, would you randomly give away any of it? I'd probably donate a thousand to the top ten posters here or hit the "tip jar" of half a dozen bloggers whose work I've enjoyed over the years and I'd probably tip waitresses $50 regardless of the price of my sandwich and beer. But that's me: a modern day John Strange Rockefeller.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:22:48 PM by JohnathanStrange » Logged

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on November 26, 2008, 08:16:52 PM

I'd probably donate a thousand to the top ten posters here

Must ... pad ... faster...

KD would be double-dipped as he's Top 10.  And I think Pete should be given special consideration for the density of his posts.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:30:36 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 08:35:18 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on November 26, 2008, 08:16:52 PM

QUESTION: If you guys won the lottery, say $20,000,000 up front after taxes, would you randomly give away any of it? I'd probably donate a thousand to the top ten posters here or hit the "tip jar" of half a dozen bloggers whose work I've enjoyed over the years and I'd probably tip waitresses $50 regardless of the price of my sandwich and beer. But that's me: a modern day John Strange Rockefeller.

I think I'd set up a college scholarship program for strippers, but other than that and making sure my mom doesn't have to worry about a place to live ever again it's all mine! Well, all mine except for the half that my wife would demand.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 07:41:06 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on November 26, 2008, 07:05:13 PM

Damn how the hell did you get offered 7.1 million when I only got offered 4.7 million?!  icon_evil

United Nations Assisted Program
Directorate of All International Payments
United Nations Liaison Office - Africa.

This email is to notify you about the release of your outstanding payment which is truly $4.7 million. The Federal Government scheduled a time frame for the settlements of all foreign debts which includes Contract/Winnings/Inheritance/Gambling/Lottery/Fraud-re as well as all other Foreign loans. It had being discovered that over the years numerous individual(s) who happen to be impostors had being Impersonificating claiming to be individuals, banks and organizations whom they are not and had being claiming to release your fund to you via numerous ways but to no avail.

Attached to this message is a file explaining to you in details as well as some enlightenment's and reasons, a sure way on how you are to get your fund delivered to you with immediate effect. You are advise to adhere strict and to cease all forms of communications that has to do with these fraudsters who had been coming up with one problem or the other ceaselessly promising to release your fund to you which they never did.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Jerry Lisbon
Cc: Board of Director [Fpd]
Cc: All Foreign Payment Offices
Cc: Director of the FBI - Robert Swan Mueller III

ugh, the Director of FBI is involved!! Its a scam!

A new one
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 01:57:28 PM »

We recently read of a woman who'd spent hundreds of thousands (allegedly) on, iirc, a Nigerian scam.  I really wonder if it's hope or desperation or cluelessness that motivates people to do such things.

In any case, I'd think thieves are probably making more money stealing identities than conning the occasional big money victim. I don't have any statistics but it seems likely that would be the "easier" way to steal because you don't need the vic's active cooperation.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: