http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 06:26:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should G4 be cancelled?  (Voting closed: February 08, 2006, 08:53:15 PM)
Yes. - 12 (41.4%)
Yes. - 2 (6.9%)
Yes. - 1 (3.4%)
N... I mean Yes. - 5 (17.2%)
SHAZBOT! - 9 (31%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurray! G4 to get even worse!!!!  (Read 1966 times)
WinoMcCougarstein
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:53:15 PM »

Triumph the annoying unfunny insult Dog is coming to G4 weeknight starting in March.  Great!  I cant wait!  Now we can watch The Man Show, Star Trek, Triumph, Brainiac, Happy Tree Friends and Friends, and Anime Unleashed!!!!  LOOK AT ALL THOSE GAMING SHOWS ON THIS GAMING NETWORK!!!!  I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!   And dont even get me started on "the whip set."  SpikeTv v.05 is here! Celebrate!

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:59:36 PM »

I actually watched G4TV.COM with some frequency.  Beyond that, nothing was ever interesting to me.  Once that was cancelled, I've not gone back at all...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 09:01:27 PM »

I really enjoyed G4 when I was able to watch it.  I would try and watch Attack of the Show every weekday, loved watching Cinematech (AND Cinematech: Nocturnal Emissions, ooh la la), X-Play, and Judgement Day.  I wish that the show Arena was still on.

And gator is right - the transition that G4 is undergoing is ugly.  The Man Show sometimes is moderately funny, but usually not.  Some cool shows got cancelled (I liked Filter).  And I very much dislike the Whip Set as well.

It's pretty sad   :cry:

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 09:22:19 PM »

Without Ellen Pompeo as an option, this poll sucks.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 11:53:19 PM »

VGS!

(which, to you non-Tribes geeks out there, means Shazbot!) biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 12:43:19 AM »

G4 used to be decent to have on in the background and I would pay some attention to Judgment Day and a couple other shows.
Recently with all the added fluff content, I wish it would go away.  I don't watch it at all anymore.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 01:20:00 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Without Ellen Pompeo as an option, this poll sucks.

If a GT poll doesn't include Ellen Pompeo, does it really exist?

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 02:07:09 AM »

Triumph the annoying unfunny insult Dog is coming to G4 weeknight starting in March. Great! I cant wait! Now we can watch The Man Show, Star Trek, Triumph, Brainiac, Happy Tree Friends and Friends, and Anime Unleashed!!!! LOOK AT ALL THOSE GAMING SHOWS ON THIS GAMING NETWORK!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!! And dont even get me started on "the whip set." SpikeTv v.05 is here! Celebrate!

Yeah, Bingo!

I still "watch" it, because really it's all we have for video gaming.  I keep it low in the background while I'm on the computer or puttering around the house.  When one of the above shows comes on, I hit CNN or Headline News.  I also change, even if only for a minute or two - when these commercials come on:  Man Show;  Happy Tree Friends, Trojan surf-board, and "Ed is happy now, has a brisk rise in confidence" - or whatever the EF it is in those "natural male enhancement" commercials.  There are more, too numerous to mention - no, wait, one more - "And my mom said I'd never get anywhere with these video games!"

But I vote that it stays, for the following reasons, when you can find them, and when they're not repeats:  X-Play, Call for Help, Cinematech, Judgement Day, and Electric Playground.  Where the heck did everything else go - like Pulse, ie.?  Attack of the Show has gotten awful - well it was pretty bad after it's name change, but's been going steadily downhill, since.

Oh, don't get me started (too late)!!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 03:10:20 AM »

Judgement Day is no longer on G4 (the producers are looking to get it on somewhere else in the us under a different name) and I think the same goes for EP.  Pretty sure Call for Help was also not renewed for G4.  Way back before the TechTV merger, some of the shows were a bit sketchy, but at least it was all videogames all the time.  It was the perfect channel to just leave on in the background.  I don't understand why it is called "videogame tv" anymore.  I don't know if TechTV was doing bad financially, but it seems like cable tv could support one videogame/tech channel.  I guess we'll just have to wait for it.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 03:35:27 AM »

I love Triumph. But I do agree that it's a bit odd to have his show on G4. Isn't that something more suited to Comedy Central (TV Funhouse, anyone?)?
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 01:26:20 PM »

Judgement Day was a helluva alot better than XPLAY.. Man that BLOWS>

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 02:51:38 PM »

At this moment, Spike Tvs video game shows are better than what G4 has on.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 04:16:16 PM »

Judgement Day is no longer on G4 (the producers are looking to get it on somewhere else in the us under a different name) and I think the same goes for EP. Pretty sure Call for Help was also not renewed for G4
Oh, great, three of my favorites gone - I thought they were just moving the schedule around - damn! And no Victor Lucas?  Grrr... :evil:

I actually love X-play, Hank!  Morgan and Adam are definitely the Bizzar-o twins, but I guess my sense of  humor is bizarre too, lol.  I'm not sure I'd want to see it as often as it's been on lately - hours on end, but they're definitely a high point of my day.  Probby tells you something about my day!  :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 04:28:38 PM »

Wait.  Judgement Day, Electronic Playground, AND G4TV.com got cancelled?

NOOOOOOOOOO!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 04:31:56 PM »

The only thing watchable on that channel is X-Play and then I only tune in for Morgan's legs and boobs. I dont care for thier console reviews. Sessler is sometimes funny. 5 years ago it was the perfect channel...now its trash.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 04:35:41 PM »

Hey, Electric Playground is on right now (11:30 AM ET) - probably a repeat, since half of the shows on G4 are, but it's on.  Hopefully that means something good?  :?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 04:48:27 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
The only thing watchable on that channel is X-Play and then I only tune in for Morgan's legs and boobs.

God, really?

Morgan Webb is one cosmetic procedure away from becoming a walking, talking infringment on the Real Doll patent.  Jocelyn Wildenstein has more of her original parts.

-Autistic Angel
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 07:02:52 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
The only thing watchable on that channel is X-Play and then I only tune in for Morgan's legs and boobs.

God, really?

Morgan Webb is one cosmetic procedure away from becoming a walking, talking infringment on the Real Doll patent.  Jocelyn Wildenstein has more of her original parts.

-Autistic Angel

Morgan Webb and cosmetic procedures?  She doesn't look like she's had any to me.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 08:23:14 PM »

I think she's a cutie.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 09:52:16 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I think she's a cutie.

Really?  I actually think she looks a little scary.    :shock:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
depward

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 10:20:45 PM »

Morgan Webb looked like a real zombie when they did that zombie episode spoof.  I dunno, I think she's pretty "eh."  Diane Mizota is a much better looking host IMHO, even if Filter is cancelled:

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
phormio
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 12:12:37 AM »

5 years ago it was the perfect channel...now its trash.

So succinct. And yet so very, horribly true.

:cry:

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." --Mitch Hedberg
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 04:22:57 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
Hey, Electric Playground is on right now (11:30 AM ET) - probably a repeat, since half of the shows on G4 are, but it's on.  Hopefully that means something good?  :?

Poking around it does look like EP may still be on G4.  There has been an official announcement about Judgement Day though, as well as word from Leo about CFH.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 04:42:06 AM »

I don't know if TechTV was doing bad financially, but it seems like cable tv could support one videogame/tech channel. I guess we'll just have to wait for it.

There was a bit  about this on during an interview with a former Tech TV employee on the Gamers With Jobs podcast.  Evidently Tech TV was losing money when it originally went up for sale.  However in the year it took to sell it they turned the corner and were only a year away from profitability but by that point it was too late- G4 bought them and then proceeded to axe most of their content and its been downhill from there.  

Quote from: "mytocles"
Oh, great, three of my favorites gone - I thought they were just moving the schedule around - damn! And no Victor Lucas? Grrr...  

Call For Help has actually been ongoing in Canada for quite some time before G4 picked it up again.  Even if G4 opts not to keep it, presumably it will continue to air in Canada.  Don't know if those episodes are available anywhere on the net though.

If you are looking for a Leo/Amber fix, though, both are rather widespread in the world of podcasting and IPTV.  I'd recommend This Week in Tech (hosted by Leo and Amber guests on occasion) and Amber has her own IPTV show, Command-N.  

Really anyone looking for the "old" Tech TV needs to seriously look into podcasting and IPTV.  Pretty much all of the old guard is a part of a show in one of these two formats.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 05:23:26 AM »

Ok... where to start?

1) Triumph is fucking funny.  I'm happy he's on any channel.
2) I know I'm in the minority, but Happy Tree Friends and Friends cracks me up
3) Reruns of The Man Show sucks.  That show is really only funny the first time through.  It also does poorly when you watch them back to back.
4) Morgan Webb is kinda cute, but she has a SPECTACULAR rack.
5) I love Diane Mizota.

As far as G4 goes, I don't really think it's better or worse than it was before.  I watch it just as much now as I ever have (which is to say: not a lot).

gellar
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2006, 02:41:48 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Call For Help has actually been ongoing in Canada for quite some time before G4 picked it up again.  Even if G4 opts not to keep it, presumably it will continue to air in Canada.  Don't know if those episodes are available anywhere on the net though.

They are available if you know where to look.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2006, 12:48:41 AM »

Man, you've gotta be HARDCORE if you are into downloading Call for Help.  I can understand Lost or something...  Not that I think it's bad, but just...wow.

I can't imagine watching Triumph or Happy Tree Friends for an extended period.  And I actually like them both (I have all the HTF DVDs).

Reruns of The Man Show just seems too desperate.  I would certainly rank it above reruns of Fastlane, though.  I would actually watch ST:TNG, but my friend has threatened to buy the entire series and will make me watch them so I don't care to watch.

I miss that weekend show...G4TV.com I think.  Those women on there reminded me of my penchant for Ashlee Simpson style nasty.  Dirty dirty things.  Oh so much fun.  I'm old and miss college.  sniff.  Just don't get my freak on quite like that anymore.

Ramble ramble.  It's like 30 degrees but somehow I think I've got heat stroke from wearing too many layers all day.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 12:14:41 PM »

Don't forget that Diane is doing a iptv show called InDigital along with Andrew Hawn and Hahn Choi.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 05:43:23 PM »

If you are looking for a Leo/Amber fix, though, both are rather widespread in the world of podcasting and IPTV. I'd recommend This Week in Tech (hosted by Leo and Amber guests on occasion) and Amber has her own IPTV show, Command-N.

Thanks for the heads up. ...Now I know how, exactly, to avoid Leo the baffoon.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: