http://gamingtrend.com
September 24, 2014, 12:54:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HP webOS! Pre 3! Veer! TouchPad!!!  (Read 3578 times)
Creepy_Smell
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2011, 02:05:29 AM »

I wanted a nice html launcher page for Infocom games in the parchment z interpreter (Plain url links was boring  ). Originally wanted a picklist where the game description and image would change but I have done javascript in forever and couldn't stumble out anything workable. After wasting a lot of time trying to resurrect javascript braincells, I mostly just copied how one of the infocom gallerys looks inside a copy of the main parchment html file. Just tap the image file and the game starts up. Though its mostly for looks since saves are done w/ bookmarks from the browser (so far typing save in game and then hitting reload is giving me workable bookmark saves).

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2011, 12:47:58 PM »

It's apparently trickling out to seemingly random vendors of late, including TigerDirect and QVC:
http://www.precentral.net/touchpads-trickling-out-hit-tigerdirect-and-qvc-sell-out-faster-politician-1
Want an HP TouchPad? Well, you better act fast, because the tablet is trickling out to random retailers in small batches and selling out in the blink of an eye. Today alone the TouchPad popped up at TigerDirect and QVC, and at the all-too-tempting fire sale pricing, sold out in just minutes. QVC even had the TouchPad as a $200 bundle with a Touchstone and case, and they sold out before we could even get an article up. See keep your eyes peeled – if you see a TouchPad for sale, jump on it. There might be more coming in several weeks, but until then they’re an endangered species being hunted to the brink of extinction in the wild.
It seems pretty hopeless at this point though, like trying to compete with a million ticket vendors for front row seats at one concert.  disgust
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:49:47 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 01:48:24 AM »

fwiw, the 32GB TouchPad briefly returned to HP's web site at a higher $249.99 price (and presumably sold out in .0000000000001 second)...
http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/FB359UA%2523ABA/1?jumpid=in_r329_personalization/browse2/PDP_PDP

According to PreCentral, it went up with no warning anywhere, so it seems like HP is perhaps experimenting with some different price points on the remaining units. There's even some speculation about whether the new HP CEO wants to see if it's viable to continue selling it in some form, rather than just liquidating remaining stock, though it seems pretty unlikely.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:50:19 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

That actually makes me happy. I bought two unopened in box off craigslist. A 16gb model for $225, and a 32gb for $270. One was for me, one was for someone else. I absolutely love the device - it's become a daily use thing for me at home, and so much easier to take out than a laptop.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 10:28:14 PM »

fwiw, Best Buy is selling $149.99 32GB Touchpads again BUT... only with purchase of a qualifying HP laptop, desktop or all-in-one computer, via the BB web site:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews/150-hp-touchpad-returns-to-bestbuycom-nov-1-but-with-a-twist/28137

I assume this is related somehow to HP's decision not to spin off or sell its PC division.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2011, 12:49:09 AM »

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/articles/20111211/265238_hp-touchpad-99-sale-underway-ebay.htm

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2011, 02:56:21 AM »

Was anyone able to pick one up from this out of nowhere Ebay $99 fire sale?

I found out about it at roughly 6:58pm EST by accident. Rushed to get on ebay and pulled up HP's page, they were still showing as $599.99 for the 32GB model. Put in 2 in the buy box, and kept refreshing until 700PM rolled around.
At 700pm - price drops to $149.99. Clicked buy it now. Page loads.. loads.. and loads some more. Then it times out. Hit back, hit 2, buy it now, unable to find item or this item no longer available for sale.
Pull up the 16GB model, enter 2, buy it now, it times out also.

Repeat again, 2 ebay pages pulled up, one for the 16GB and one for the 32GB - finally the 32GB goes through, takes me to the "You're not done.." yet page, click pay with paypal, then says sorry this item has sold out.

Needless to say this was a headache of an experience. I walked away empty handed despite the fact that I was there at 700PM on the dot. Hopefully someone else had better luck than I did as these touchpads go as fast as CeeKay through his BBW play toys.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2011, 04:17:01 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on December 13, 2011, 02:56:21 AM

Was anyone able to pick one up from this out of nowhere Ebay $99 fire sale?

I found out about it at roughly 6:58pm EST by accident. Rushed to get on ebay and pulled up HP's page, they were still showing as $599.99 for the 32GB model. Put in 2 in the buy box, and kept refreshing until 700PM rolled around.
At 700pm - price drops to $149.99. Clicked buy it now. Page loads.. loads.. and loads some more. Then it times out. Hit back, hit 2, buy it now, unable to find item or this item no longer available for sale.
Pull up the 16GB model, enter 2, buy it now, it times out also.

Repeat again, 2 ebay pages pulled up, one for the 16GB and one for the 32GB - finally the 32GB goes through, takes me to the "You're not done.." yet page, click pay with paypal, then says sorry this item has sold out.

Needless to say this was a headache of an experience. I walked away empty handed despite the fact that I was there at 700PM on the dot. Hopefully someone else had better luck than I did as these touchpads go as fast as CeeKay through his BBW play toys.

Same exact experience here.

I wonder how *anyone* got through. It's a sham, I tell you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: