http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:14:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How often do you buy a new game?  (Voting closed: July 28, 2004, 03:45:48 PM)
Once a week - 0 (0%)
Once a month - 3 (21.4%)
More than one a month - 7 (50%)
Once a quarter - 1 (7.1%)
Other - 3 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do you feed the habit?  (Read 1801 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2004, 03:45:48 PM »

Its way too often for most of us. slywink  I'm sure my wife would agree...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 03:50:01 PM »

More than once a month now, but med school starts in September: Hello Fixed Income!  Goodbye new games!

Luckily, I have about 400 hours of untouched games on my shelf.  Notice how those are always less appealing once you've bought them?

Join me or die!  Can you do any less?
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 04:08:26 PM »

Well I have to go with 'other'. But I go through more of a cycle. More sometimes, less others.

LiveTAG: happydog
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 04:10:47 PM »

Dude, I get the urge once a week. smile When my Wife-To-Be and I started dating, it was the month that Morrowind, Freedom Force, Dungeon Siege, and Jedi Knight II all came out at the same time. Not sure why she stayed with me, to be honest.

Since then, I've tried to limit myself and Spider-Man 2 is the only game I've bought this year so far. Halo 2 looks to be the second. smile Praise CG and the free console gaming goodness. Yet another reason I can't wait to get this wedding over with- I'll have time to go back to reviewing. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 07:35:25 PM »

Quote from: "happydog"
Well I have to go with 'other'. But I go through more of a cycle. More sometimes, less others.

I'm with you, happydog.  I don't have a set schedule for my game buying.  I might buy 3 games one week and none for a month.  Right now I'd either have to find a great deal or find something I just had to have.  It's usually the former, so it doesn't break my bank to buy a couple at a time.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 08:01:55 PM »

Yeah, with that CC deal I bought 12 games. But had they not been $5 I wouldn't have bought even one. Right now the next game on my list is Halo 2.

LiveTAG: happydog
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 08:45:16 PM »

I'll usually pick up a game if it's one I've been waiting for and it didn't turn out to be a bomb.  My wallet thanks me when publishers space out releases and there isn't a deluge of good games coming out in one week.  Thankfully that doesn't happen too often.

The most I had gotten in one month was with that "buy 2 get 1 free" Toys R Us sale last year.  I think I picked up 9 games during that sale.  yeesh.

If I go around a month or so without getting a game, I tend to start hitting stores or eBay looking for older games to pick up on the cheap.  So that's where all my overtime money goes.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 09:27:19 PM »

i usually buy one a month or so, but with the fall/winter major releases it could go way up..

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
derek_hutch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 05:05:50 AM »

There's no option for more than once a week. Every other day would be close for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: