http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 04:39:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hopes for X-3... fading........  (Read 2936 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2006, 01:21:19 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"

wtf?

Oh look, it's a shot from Uwe Bolls "Brute Force".  :roll:

It's either that or the cast from bloodrayne is doing a Beatles parody.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2006, 01:39:06 AM »

Right now I'm more looking forward to the new Superman than X-3.  Then again, I just watched all 4 seasons of Smallville, so I'm pumped for anything related to Superman.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2006, 03:28:07 AM »

Quote from: "Rhinohelix"
It has become apparent to me that the superhero wave in Hollywood has crested.  There might be good movies to come, but their numbers will be dilluted with blatant money grubbing throw-away films, as the projects are given to people who don't give a damn about the source material.

Goodness I hope that is just a sour Sunday mood talking.  Someone get in this thread and prove me wrong, please.

Rhino

I think Singer has plenty of passion about Superman- it's a dream project for him (in constrast he actually didn't know much about X-Men when he took that assignment but the themes appealed to him).  How that passion translates on screen is in question, but this isn't just a paycheck for him.  

The problem is with the franchises when the key creative personnel leave them.  You would have a hard time in Hollywood finding an A-List director willing to step in for the third franchise entry.  Most of these guys are only willing to do it if they get in on the ground floor.  That's why they had to consider a newcomer like Matthew Vaughan for X3 when Singer bailed, and then pick up a hack like Ratner when Vaughan bailed.  

Spiderman is going to be looking at the same problem when and if Raimi ever jumps ship- what major director wants to work on a property already instrinscially linked with a specific director?
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2006, 04:03:41 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Spiderman is going to be looking at the same problem when and if Raimi ever jumps ship- what major director wants to work on a property already instrinscially linked with a specific director?

Joel Schumacher.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2006, 04:16:47 AM »

Quote from: "Fireball1244"
Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Joel Schumacher.

Ouch.  So true.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: