http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 08:30:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy shit, stomach bug...  (Read 849 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:22:28 AM »

Any advice from experience? For 24 hrs I've been you know where, doing you know what. No throwing up, just, what i would call "ass purging" with MASSIVE cramps. Took pepto and it might have helped a little. Ate toast, now  going to try low sodium chicken noodle soup and see what happens. This is not what I wanted to do on a 60 degree Saturday in November, or EVER really...
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:34:04 AM »

take Imodium AD, best OTC drug for the runs.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 01:41:45 AM »

I've heard that before. I don't have any around, if this continues, my little lady might be making a run. A very different kind of run...

Thx much man this is unbearable. See what soup does, and I'm making sure to drink a little water from  time to time to not dehydrate.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 03:15:18 AM »

Sounds like you might have noro virus. Very contagious be careful around other family members. Yes drink lots of fluids as it sounds like you're expelling all the fluid from your body!
Just make sure that your wife and kids wash their hands well and keep yourself quarantined.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 05:49:36 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 11, 2012, 03:15:18 AM

Sounds like you might have noro virus. Very contagious be careful around other family members. Yes drink lots of fluids as it sounds like you're expelling all the fluid from your body!
Just make sure that your wife and kids wash their hands well and keep yourself quarantined.

Unfortunely that does sound like what I have:(.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »

noro virus

Thought that said nono virus.

I was going to ask whether that one is caught while suggesting intercourse in an uncomfortable place.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:44:58 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »

Hopefully youre feeling better.  The problem with your symptoms is that there are a ton of things that can cause them from the aforementioned virus to food poisoning.  If the problem is reoccurring then it can be something more serious and if thats the case, go see your physician asap.  Trust me on this one, I speak from experience.

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 03:01:19 PM »

Don't fuck around. Try to take in fluids. If you can't keep them in you need to time the times between intake and......we you know. If you can't keep them in that look to the professionals for help like the doctor or the hospital.

I had food poisoning 8yrs ago and lost 20lbs in one week and was hospitalized because I was a few hours away from organ failure. Nasty nasty time.

Roman

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 04:30:45 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 11, 2012, 01:43:26 PM

noro virus

Thought that said nono virus.

I was going to ask whether that one is caught while suggesting intercourse in an uncomfortable place.

What, like the back of a Yugo?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Gromit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 11, 2012, 01:34:04 AM

Yeah.  Great idea.   Roll Eyes

Let's stop the body's ability to purge the virus and instead let it fester in the bowel. 

I rarely prescribed Imodium to my active duty patients, and when I did, it was for prolonged diarrhea and when the patient couldn't keep up with rehydration.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 05:47:59 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on November 11, 2012, 01:22:28 AM

This is not what I wanted to do on a 60 degree Saturday in November, or EVER really...

that's the part that must really suck, not like there's going to be many more days like this weekend up on the north coast.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »

Okay after 36 hrs of being in bed and the bathroom it seems to be MUCH better. Solid number two returned and I ate dry popcorn! Thank you all, that sucked. Ive certainy had a taste of that before, but nowhere near this bad. Now my stomach just feels like someone punched me in it for three days...I figured that would be the case.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 11:51:52 PM »

Quote from: Gromit on November 11, 2012, 04:54:53 PM

Let's stop the body's ability to purge the virus and instead let it fester in the bowel. 

I rarely prescribed Imodium to my active duty patients, and when I did, it was for prolonged diarrhea and when the patient couldn't keep up with rehydration.

I have diverticultis and have used Imodium on several occasions.  I have also used it under my physicians direction for when I had the flu. It has never constipated me, it has firmed things up. While it does slow down the process, you still evacute so no it doesnt cause the virus to fester in your bowels.   Roll Eyes   On top of that, I figured that Harpua would have enough common sense to check the label and see if Imodium was not for him.  As far as dehydration, harpua had already mentioned he was taking steps to rehydrate.    Based on my physicians advice and my own personal experience I still dont see a problem with the recommendation.  Still if you honestly believe that you purge a virus through shitting, then I can understand your confusion. And here I thought the body created anti bodies called Phagocytes that attack, consume and destroy the virus.  I guess Ill have to talk to my doctor about that one because clearly he is misinformed!

Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 12:56:53 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 11, 2012, 11:51:52 PM

Quote from: Gromit on November 11, 2012, 04:54:53 PM

I have diverticultis and have used Imodium on several occasions.  I have also used it under my physicians direction for when I had the flu. It has never constipated me, it has firmed things up. While it does slow down the process, you still evacute so no it doesnt cause the virus to fester in your bowels.   Roll Eyes   On top of that, I figured that Harpua would have enough common sense to check the label and see if Imodium was not for him.  As far as dehydration, harpua had already mentioned he was taking steps to rehydrate.    Based on my physicians advice and my own personal experience I still dont see a problem with the recommendation.  Still if you honestly believe that you purge a virus through shitting, then I can understand your confusion. And here I thought the body created anti bodies called Phagocytes that attack, consume and destroy the virus.  I guess Ill have to talk to my doctor about that one because clearly he is misinformed!

Actually, there are some instances where Imodium and other such drugs are not recommended for treatment of diarrhea.   C-difficile infections being one, I believe.  Toxins from c-diff are not cleared as well if you use these types of drugs.  It's not the c-diff itself that causes the problem but the toxins they produce I believe. Ive worked with several doctors that don't recommend using imodium until a stool culture is done and some that say go ahead and take it.      Most of these type of infections cause the same symptoms.  It's impossible to know the cause without a culture.   C-diff is pretty common as well but usually caused by antibiotic use. If you have prolonged symptoms, go see your MD. So, most of the time it's okay but not always. 
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 12:31:07 AM »

Nothing is as fun as going to see your doctor when you are fighting the instant craps and throw ups.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 04:52:34 AM »

It was a close one this time, but medical attention outside of the house was not needed. I think, wait, I know there would have been a chance I shit somewhere besides a toilet if I were to have left the house...

This icon represents how I felt exactly paranoid!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: