http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 10:37:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Crap Holy Crap Holy Crap Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars  (Read 6710 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2005, 07:55:41 AM »

Wow, did anyone watch the trailer that aired tonight for Revenge of the Sith? I grabbed a torrent version of it a few minutes ago ... and it's amazing. Freaking amazing. Goosebumps were swarming all over my arms and my jaw dropped and stayed dropped. Probably drooled a little, I dunno. I think I already love this movie. And it's so damn dark, so harsh, so vicious.

Don't exactly know the code of conduct for torrent links, so I won't supply the link directly, but you can find the link for the torrent file in the Ain't It Cool Talkbacks here.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 08:42:39 AM »

They aired it on TV and it's a commercial. I think they were planning for people to distribute it online.  slywink  So, this torrent link should be ok.

Anyway, yes, I agree.  It's a very good trailer, and I usually take trailers with a grain of salt since they're all filmed in the propoganda method.  However, it does show much darker the overall story is for the movie and the visuals have only gotten better since episodes 1 and 2.

So, unlike Ep2, I'll actually be watching this one in the theaters.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 02:24:13 PM »

Grabbed it this morning. The torrent version that's out there is really dark and I could only make out about half of it, but sweet merciful crap. Talk about what looks like 2 hours of Jedi ass beatings and violence in the Star Wars universe. WHERE CAN I SIGN UP?!!?!? biggrin

I can't wait until the high quality versions start hitting.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 04:33:04 PM »

I hate George Lucas  I hate him because this movie looks incredible - simply amazing, but I have seen Ep1, and Ep2 so I have a feeling in my heart that every fight, and all the action will be incredible but the dialogue and acting will make me want to gouge out my eyes.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 05:01:58 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
I hate George Lucas  I hate him because this movie looks incredible - simply amazing, but I have seen Ep1, and Ep2 so I have a feeling in my heart that every fight, and all the action will be incredible but the dialogue and acting will make me want to gouge out my eyes.

I can't say I disagree with you.  With the exception of Yoda and Obi-Wan, the acting in the first two films wasn't the greatest.  A special shout-out definately needs to go to the the little boy who played really young Anakin and Hayden Whoever that plays Anakin now.  Those two performances were so atrocious, I originally thought it was a big joke.  Seriously, I did.  I thought maybe Lucas created a B-Movie and A-Movie version, and accidently released the B-Movie one.  I can not, for the life of me, figure out how the casting people picked those two actors.  It is, honestly and truly, painful to watch/listen to them.

LD    :cry:

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 05:51:13 PM »

I am avoiding at all costs watching this preview.

I KNOW that Episode 3 will blow.  There will be a few cool moments; and those I bet are all in the trailer.

So, I'll be there, a week after opening or so.  But I want to go in as blind as possible so it at least feels like a 4 of 10 movie.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 05:51:28 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
A special shout-out definately needs to go to the the little boy who played really young Anakin and Hayden Whoever that plays Anakin now.  Those two performances were so atrocious, I originally thought it was a big joke.  Seriously, I did.  I thought maybe Lucas created a B-Movie and A-Movie version, and accidently released the B-Movie one.  I can not, for the life of me, figure out how the casting people picked those two actors.  It is, honestly and truly, painful to watch/listen to them.
LD    :cry:

Actually, I really didn't think that Jake Lloyd's or Hayden Christensen's acting was all that bad when the focus was on them.  However, I do think that Natalie Portman's performance in both films was horrible.  Looks aside, her acting was very stale, unemotional, and forced (in my opinion).  When she speaks she doesn't seem to want to go through the effort of opening her mouth fully to articulate.  It seems like she is keeping her lips pursed for some reason while talking.  Very irritating.

As a result, I think the scenes between Hayden & Natalie were pretty bad (cringe-like turn your head away from the screen - bad).  Part of that is the writing (and editing) and part is the lack of chemistry between them.  It just didn't work between the two.  I guess the casting people saw something else.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 06:46:47 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
They aired it on TV and it's a commercial. I think they were planning for people to distribute it online.  slywink  So, this torrent link should be ok.

Yeah, but the trailer itself isn't available to anyone who hasn't paid for LucasArts Hyperspace service, so I wasn't sure if a torrent rip of an aired version of members-only material was postable (hell, I can hardly describe it properly).

The sweet, sweet Quick Time version goes public on monday. Wee!

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 08:20:33 PM »

So cool.  So cool.  So cool.  God damn I love Star Wars!!!!!
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 08:29:36 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"
I am avoiding at all costs watching this preview.

I KNOW that Episode 3 will blow.  There will be a few cool moments; and those I bet are all in the trailer.

So, I'll be there, a week after opening or so.  But I want to go in as blind as possible so it at least feels like a 4 of 10 movie.

So you think the 10+ minute lightsabre duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin won't rule?  Wow.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 08:47:44 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
So you think the 10+ minute lightsabre duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin won't rule?  Wow.

I'm trying to convince myself of that...  Not succeeding  smile

I remember getting excited for Episodes I and II also.  I remember being disappointed.  I HOPE that Episode III is the payoff that makes sitting through I and II worthwhile, but I've grown old and cynical since seeing the original movies as a child.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 08:48:33 PM »

Quote from: "Stardrifter"

Actually, I really didn't think that Jake Lloyd's or Hayden Christensen's acting was all that bad when the focus was on them.  

Are you serious!  I mean.... I have to know if you really believe that.

Regarding Natalie Portman... I kind of thought she was told to act the character that way.  I have nothing to substantiate that thought, but I couldn't see her performance being that weak unless she was instructed to play it that way.  Maybe not though.

LD

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 09:17:01 PM »

After seeing Lucas directed Star Wars movies vs the non Lucas directed Star Wars movies(one of which ESB is my favorite of all), I no longer blame the actors.

I was very excited by what I saw in the trailer.  First of all, I like my SW movies to have big plots and themes, TPM had a trade dispute as it's main action, excuse me while I take a nap. This one looks like it's gonna be all good stuff- everyone vs the Jedi.

My only concern is what part Natalie Portman will have to play. Last time, she was a very active player in the story and that's what I like to see.  Post Buffy, I'm not interested in watching passive female characters anymore. But in this episode, being pregnant and all, I'm hoping she won't be reduced to an old school 'woman who stays at home and worries about her man' role.  Yeah I know Star Wars isn't about her character, but dammit, this is Natalie Portman!
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 09:31:54 PM »

I'm thinking Episode III is going to be the best of this trilogy.  I think if they can keep the movie around the more capable actors in the group (Ewan McGregor, Samuel L. Jackson, Frank Oz/Yoda, Christopher Lee) this will be the greatest SW movie of this generation.

At the urging of Francis Ford Coppola, Lucas did hire on a dialogue coach (Christopher Neil), so Hayden may (or may not) come across better than he did in Episode II.  What is surprising is that Hayden is actually a pretty good actor...you guys should watch "Shattered Glass", the story of Stephen Glass and his fall from grace when it was found out he fabricated many of his stories for the New Republic.

Anyway, I'm excited about Episode III and I certainly hope my excitement isn't dashed.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 11:23:59 PM »

Yeah, Hayden's pretty solid as an Actor - quite liked him in Life as a House - and I'd chalk up any lousy moments in AotC to Lucas' poor dialogue. Jake Lloyd, on the other hand, annoys me eternal. Strangely enough, I thought he was much better in his audition material than in the actual movie. As for Natalie, I think her Amidala character was supposed to be wooden, but the emotionless Padme is all her.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 12:06:08 AM »

Oooh, oooh, this has promise too: Revenge of the Sith = PG-13?

Lucas himself says, "I don't think I would take a 5- or 6-year-old to this ... My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first 'Star Wars' that's a PG-13."

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 05:43:03 AM »

My only concern is what part Natalie Portman will have to play. Last time, she was a very active player in the story and that's what I like to see. Post Buffy, I'm not interested in watching passive female characters anymore. But in this episode, being pregnant and all, I'm hoping she won't be reduced to an old school 'woman who stays at home and worries about her man' role. Yeah I know Star Wars isn't about her character, but dammit, this is Natalie Portman!

Portman's role is supposedly heavily reduced.  Not only due to plot demands but evidently (and this is all rumor) Portman wasn't really enjoying working on the films and made her dissatisfaction pretty apparent. To the point where Lucas considered recasting her with Keira Knightley (who played Padme's double in TPM).  

Personally I'm fine with her reduced role.  Lucas is clearly not an actor's director and working in a bluescreen environment where you don't have a lot to deal with can be hard for any actor and I think some of the actors in the prequels have a justifiably hard time dealing with that, with Portman being one of them.

On the other hand, some of the actors have really responded to the occasion, with McGregor, McDiarmid, and Lee being chiefly among them so I welcome Episode 3's focus on these characters.  

As for Hayden- I didn't care too much for his performance in Episode II.   I think Lucas pushed too hard for "whiny".  Episode III looks to be a whole different story though featuring a very confident and dark Anakin and from the brief clips I've seen I think Hayden has responded to that.  If nothing else, his physical presence in many of the shots is way more impressive than any of the stuff in Episode II.

AOTC's biggest weakness was in the lack of chemistry between Padme and Anakin.  ROTS seems to hinge on the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan and based on what I've seen and read I'm pretty optimistic they are going to pull this one off.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 07:45:32 AM »

By the way, for those who played KotOR1, didn't that blue skinned alien girl (I forget what they're called) look a lot like Mission?  It'll be interesting to see what role she has in the film.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 07:50:52 AM »

By the way, for those who played KotOR1, didn't that blue skinned alien girl (I forget what they're called) look a lot like Mission?  It'll be interesting to see what role she has in the film.

That's Aayla Secura.  She was also in AOTC and is a pretty prominent character in the Republic comics (which are generally very good).
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 07:57:40 AM »

My head ASPLODE :shock:

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2005, 08:30:37 AM »

By the way, for those who played KotOR1, didn't that blue skinned alien girl (I forget what they're called) look a lot like Mission?
the blue-skinned aliens with "tentacles" on their heads are twi'leks Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2005, 10:16:30 AM »

Quote from: "disarm"
By the way, for those who played KotOR1, didn't that blue skinned alien girl (I forget what they're called) look a lot like Mission?
the blue-skinned aliens with "tentacles" on their heads are twi'leks Cool

You so beat me to it.

Mutual dork moment, that one.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005, 10:51:03 AM »

That's the kind of alien that shows her nipple in Jabba's palace in ROTJ.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2005, 12:25:34 AM »

Just "found" the large Hyperspace QT Trailer, and it's gorgeous. So many details I never noticed in the really dark OC rip. The senate fight between Palpy and Yoda looks amazingly cool. Makes me wonder if Lucas had it planned from the get go, 'cause those little senate pods are just perfect Force frizbees.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2005, 12:53:57 AM »

(I onyl made it rhough half the posts in this thread before I gave up.)

Dear God, what the hell is wrong with you people?!?!

This movie is being made by the guy who took the greatest screen villain of all time and reduced him to a John Hughes character. ([whine] Obi-wan doesn't understand me! [/whine])

This movie is being made by the guy who has a badass mercenary (Fett) stand still (practically hanging a sign on himself saying 'nice easy target!') and fire useless blasts against an oncoming jedi in an arena filled with easy human & robot body shields.

This movie is being made by the guy...who made Howard the Duck.

Episode one sucked.

Episode two sucked.

Guess what? Episode three will suck.  HARD.  Whoever said all the good parts will be shown in the trailer nailed it.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005, 01:48:49 AM »

I watched Episode 2 again this afternoon.  I think Hayden underplayed it - the third film should be excellent.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2005, 05:40:18 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
Just "found" the large Hyperspace QT Trailer, and it's gorgeous. So many details I never noticed in the really dark OC rip. The senate fight between Palpy and Yoda looks amazingly cool. Makes me wonder if Lucas had it planned from the get go, 'cause those little senate pods are just perfect Force frizbees.

LOL

I do have to agree with Big Jake though - Episode 1 sucked. Episode 2, while better, wasn't a masterpiece at all.

And, like Matrix 3, the only reason I'm going to see Episode 3 is because I saw the first two. I have no expectations at all.

Will Lucas screw up one of the greater villians (Darth Vader) seen in semi-recent movie history? Only time will tell.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2005, 07:24:25 PM »

I don't think Lucas is a particularly good filmmaker. His imagination is astounding, the world he has thought up is wonderful, but watching parts of Episode I and II the other day, it's clear - to me - that he's a very sloppy director and not a particularly good writer. I have hope for ROTS because Lucas allowed the script to be doctored. (I can't remember if he had any help on AotC.) He finally came down from his perch, admitted his imperfections, and allowed others to help him with his film. With TPM, his "this is my baby" attitude and his legions of yes men only hurt the flick, 'cause no one was able or willing to show Lucas where he was wrong. I hope this has changed for ROTS.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2005, 07:37:43 PM »

Will Lucas screw up one of the greater villians (Darth Vader) seen in semi-recent movie history?

What!? He already has.  Please go watch episode 2 again.  A whiny standard teenage stereotype has replaced "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2005, 10:11:17 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"
Will Lucas screw up one of the greater villians (Darth Vader) seen in semi-recent movie history?

What!? He already has.  Please go watch episode 2 again.  A whiny standard teenage stereotype has replaced "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Okay, good point. However, I'm willing to give Lucas the chance to turn around Darth Vader and make him into something completely evil.

I doubt it'll happen, but I'll still give him a chance.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 05:33:20 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"

Actually, I really didn't think that Jake Lloyd's or Hayden Christensen's acting was all that bad when the focus was on them.  

Are you serious!  I mean.... I have to know if you really believe that.

Regarding Natalie Portman... I kind of thought she was told to act the character that way.  I have nothing to substantiate that thought, but I couldn't see her performance being that weak unless she was instructed to play it that way.  Maybe not though.
LD

Yes, I am serious.  The key here is when the "focus was on them."  Examples:  The part with his dying mother was excellent.  Any scene with him and Ewan were just fine (and often humorous).  But, insert Natalie and it all fell apart.  It seemed to me that whenever Hayden was on screen with Natalie he wasn't that good.  I think people are willing to look past Natalie's poor acting because she is good looking.  I think she is gorgeous as well, but she can't hold a flame to Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia.

And to really get everyone's blood going - I actually liked Jar Jar!  It wasn't the character that was annoying, it was some of the lines that made people cringe (i.e., Ex-squeeeeze-me  and Moy Moy I love you!).  Take away those corny lines and lose the Jamaican accent and Jar Jar would have been one of the best loved and funny characters in the Star Wars universe - in my opinion. smile  I really loved the idea of an inept, obscure backwater character suddently plunged into the galactic turmoil and the unforturnate Jedi that get stuck with him.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
TheOneWhoStoodUp
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 05:43:23 PM »

I really loved the idea of an inept, obscure backwater character suddently plunged into the galactic turmoil and the unforturnate Jedi that get stuck with him.

I think it's the fact that what you say here exactly captures things... and it sounds like something you'd hear on a commercial for an NBC sitcom... is why everyone hated him.

Myself, I wasn't nearly irritated at him as most others... but I did think he was a totally unneccessary character, if not at the very least highly poorly executed.

"Next week on NBC:  Hanging with Mr. Binks!"
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 07:01:30 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"

Yeah, and?  You gotta start somewhere... I imagine Hitler was a whiny little brat at some point in his childhood too.  You don't just go directly from "nice kid" to "embodiment of pure evil".
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2005, 07:03:37 PM »

Uh, saw it on the big screen last night. Messed my pants. This is going to be the coolest movie ever.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 07:04:35 PM »

The Quick Time version of the ROTS trailer is up - and here's a direct link.

The problem with Jar Jar is that he was taken too far. You can have a lovable idiot that every other character hates, but as a well written character. Jar Jar was a poorly executed charicature. The one scene in TPM that sums up Jar Jar for me is the dinner scene at Anakin's mud hut. Jar Jar's snapping up fruit with his tongue, to the annoyance of everyone, and Qui Gon grabs it when he goes in for another bite. Liam Neeson's line is funny - "Don't do that again" - as is Jar Jar's kind of squeal of discomfort, because we can see the reality of the situation, we can relate to it, accept it. It's Jar Jar's cartoonish head shake that ruins the entire bit.

Look at the Pink Panther, that's a perfect example of how you write and film the buffoon - the situation is, of course, unlikely and over the top, but the characters never buy into it - the world they exist in is still real, not a cartoon. Jar Jar is a cartoon character in a world of "real" people.

Bah, whatever.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2005, 07:39:19 PM »

...But, insert Natalie and it all fell apart.  It seemed to me that whenever Hayden was on screen with Natalie he wasn't that good.  I think people are willing to look past Natalie's poor acting because she is good looking...

You are talking about StarWars fans here, so I think you are wrong.  If Natalie sucked, I don't think people would hold back one bit.  But that's another discussion.

Hayden blew chunks.  He was horrible.  I can't say it any plainer.  Now, it is possible he was "supposed" to play the character a certain way:  A whiny, snotty, stupid, coming-of-age, bad-acting, moron.  If so, I will grant him a pass and wait for his performance in the upcoming movie.  But if not, and he screws up again, he quite simply ruined, totally and utterly, the almost "god-like" myth that was Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.

Although, at least now we know why Luke was a whiny, snotty, stupid kid, don't we?  Look at his dad.   Jesus, the only thing that saves Anakin is turning to the DarkSide.  If it weren't for that, he would have been a total waste of space and screen-time.

I am astounded that anyone who watched and loved Ep. 4,5,6 was not totally in shock by the two young Anakin performances in Ep. 1 and 2.  To me, they were/are simply painful to watch.

Whatever.  I asked if you were serious, and you are.  Thanks for answering.  Differing opinions is what makes the world go 'round I suppose.

LD   :wink:

LD

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2005, 07:41:30 PM »

Jar-Jar was a blatant attempt at "going kiddie" for the first movie that I'll agree was poorly conceived and executed. Some people criticized him as being racist, but they're idiots. Lucas just made a bad move with Jar-Jar, but slightly redeemed himself with AOTC by making Jar-Jar the fall-guy for Palpatine's ascension. I have to give credit on that one, as it made up for a lot of bad blood.

I agree with Big Jake in that the first two weren't that great, and it's tough to redeem a trilogy with just the third act, but there are a lot of good things working in ROTS's favor. Foremost among them, it's going to be dark and violent which Star Wars has lacked since Empire. Second, a whole mess of Jedi ass-beatings and lightsaber goodness which can be nothing short of mesmerizing when done right (see: Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan). Third, Hayden responds better to darker material (see: Life as a House & Shattered Glass) so I've hope that element enhances his performance.

As Kevin noted, the rumor mill has been swaying on whether Portman's reduced role was because of her unhappiness with the character or her just being difficult. Either way, we the viewers win because less Amidala means less on-air dead time. Portman is extremely talented, but seems to have an old school mentality regarding props and imagination because she has registered as a fat zero thus far in charisma. I understand now why Leia mentioned that her mom was always sad, but sweet Jesus does Portman drag down everything around her when she pops up.

Another big plus is Lucas finally focusing on the major player who has ruled all the last two movies: Ian McDiarmid. If he's finally front and center, then this could rule all because he has been terrific the last two movies. Consider this: Neither we the audience nor the Jedi in this time period have ever actually seen a true Sith Lord. In two months we're going to actually see a Sith Lord in action, and the hints in the trailer mean that he's a mountain of whoop-ass that's finally decided to stand up and take over. Translation: the Jedi are screwed beyond belief, and much action and destruction will take place. Whose jaw didn't drop in disbelief at the show of the Jedi Temple smoking? biggrin

Personally, I can't wait.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2005, 08:13:43 PM »

Just watched it again.

Wow.

I never liked yoda, still don't...but I cannot wait to see him battle the emperor.

I feel like I've now only been watching the original films through a haze.

Just from the trailer I now see why Obi 1 became a recluse...

Wow.

I'm no star wars fanboy, but man I'm pumped for this movie.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 08:22:14 PM »

Natalie can act, just watch Leon again to see that.  She's being held back by Lucas is all.

I think her active role would have helped ROTS, too bad they haven't gone that way.  In much the same way Leia's presence helped the OT, these new movies needed Natalie.  

Otherwise we're left with a big sausagefest, with the repressed homosexual subtext being made even more apparent since all these guys are fighting each other with phallic objects.  Two old men(the Emperor and Yoda), fighting over a young man(Anakin).

Things could get ugly without Natalie there front and center.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2005, 08:28:10 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
Natalie can act, just watch Leon again to see that.  She's being held back by Lucas is all.

I think her active role would have helped ROTS, too bad they haven't gone that way.  In much the same way Leia's presence helped the OT, these new movies needed Natalie.  

Otherwise we're left with a big sausagefest, with the repressed homosexual subtext being made even more apparent since all these guys are fighting each other with phallic objects.  Two old men(the Emperor and Yoda), fighting over a young man(Anakin).

Things could get ugly without Natalie there front and center.

Whoa, dude. Overreaching here by a country mile. Lucas is front and center about wanting to do other movies (smaller ones like THX, which honestly I'd be excited to see more of) and wanted to go out with a bang on this one. Considering how half-ass a lot of his dialogue and scripting has been of late, you honestly think he's doing more than just putting a lot of pretty things on screen just to blow them up? Two old guys fighting over a younger one - it's there if you look for it, but I highly doubt that was his intent. smile It's like the old drinking game - take a shot anytime something approaching double-entendre is said in Star Wars. biggrin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: