http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 10:23:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heroes Season 3 (spoilers for our less fortunate European friends)  (Read 25826 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:03:33 AM »

Starts tonight in case you forgot!  Does Nathan live?  Who does Sylar kill first?  Will Maya get nude?  Tune in and find out!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:13:47 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 07:23:33 AM »

Looking forward to it!

Yes!

Maya!

Will do!

I'm probably completely wrong on the second question, but it's the answer I'm hoping for. Her rack may be beautiful, but she sure is annoying.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »

Damn you americans!! Why oh why couldnt this be like spore, and it aired here first?!?!?! ARGGH!!! I'll probably have to wait forever to get to see them :-(

best..show...eVAR!

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 12:11:56 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 22, 2008, 11:46:56 AM

Damn you americans!! Why oh why couldnt this be like spore, and it aired here first?!?!?! ARGGH!!! I'll probably have to wait forever to get to see them :-(

best..show...eVAR!

You don't have to wait, you know. slywink
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »

I'm with DragonFyre, I'm cautiously optimistic as well.  Last season, the DVR deleted the season finale, and we found that we just didn't care all that much.  That said, there was an interview I read with the executive producer basically ticking off all the things that sucked about season 2 and that they were working on not doing those things for season 3.  So here's hoping.  Though if I had one less show on my DVR, that wouldn't be a terrible thing.  Space is at a premium right now.

walTer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 05:57:35 PM »

They have a lot of making up to do....I read a blurb today and it was not very positive.  Then again, Lost fell to a huge low and managed to remake itself into a fine finish last year.

Definitely watching the season and hoping that they can pull this off.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 05:59:44 PM »

I'm sorry to hear those comments on Season 2.  We never saw the show until just before the writer's strike, and a friend of ours gave us two seasons to watch.  We only made it halfway through the second season, so we're going to DVR tonight's show and make sure we have it all watched by next week.

Hopefully it won't bore or bother us, because we ate up the first 1.5 seasons, 3 or 4 a night, lol, so we haven't seen any of it in quite a while.  We only took a break from it, because we were getting burned out on the marathon sessions.  Hopefully, it will just feel like we're catching up with the story, and therefore it will be compelling and enjoyable again!

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »

Not impressed... more of the same crap that was Season Two's soap opera.

My wife and I both had a really hard time keeping our eyes open.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »

Last night's shows made me think of Apocolypse Now:  I feel like I should send someone up the river to assassinate the writer behind this mess.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »

Odd that so many of you don't like it.  I enjoyed most of it (especially the fact that they played an extra episode).  Thought the story moved at a good pace and was enough drama and action in the mix.  Definitely couldn't compare it to season 2 imo.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 05:40:44 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on September 23, 2008, 05:16:58 PM

Odd that so many of you don't like it.  I enjoyed most of it (especially the fact that they played an extra episode).  Thought the story moved at a good pace and was enough drama and action in the mix.  Definitely couldn't compare it to season 2 imo.

not really all that odd since i believe the majority of reviews (both amateur like those found here and professional tv critics alike) are calling it a mess. 

the change in the way characters act is worthy of complaint.  I noted this on OO, but when the hell did Mohinder turn into a power mad scientist? 

It's just a mess, they need to fire the writers they have and get someone on board who understands the basic concept of continuity.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 05:47:50 PM »

Of the 8 or so shows I watch, Heroes is probably the one I would stop watching if I had to choose one show to drop. Then again, I've never really cared much for superheroes, with the exception of Batman (not a superhero) and the X-Men movies.

Both the previous seasons had characters in situations that I absolutely hated. The first one had the whole Micah thing, which had few if any redeeming qualitites. The second season had the Hiro in old Japan plot, which was so horrible that I wanted to gouge out my eyeballs. They also both shared a generally badly written dialogue during all parts. The first two episodes of season 3 haven't shown anything that looks hateworthy though, which is good. smile

Despite its many failures, the show still has enough going for it that I keep watching it, but it's never something I look forward to all week. They should have more Peter, who may be a bit emo but is still the best character in combination with Xylar.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »

WOOHOO Heroes is back!!!!..nice...Sylor is one of the best badguys i have seen in a show for a while,and the end episode of season 2 was a good way,seen as though the season got cut short

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 07:20:01 PM »

Sylar is pretty much the only good thing going for the show.  Everything else is just filler between Sylar scenes (which is why Season 2 stunk, Sylar grouped with "we don't want to hurt anybody...blah blah blah...am I bleeding black goo out of my eyes...oh god...not again...siblings")

slywink
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 07:20:44 PM »

I loved it!  Mohinder has always been an irresponsible scientist.  He's always been more concerned about science than ethics, so I was not surprised to see him try the serum.

Nikki/Jessica/Tracy/whoever she is this week was interesting.  I want to see where all this goes.  I have to say Heroes is back in a big way, and I couldn't be happier.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 07:25:38 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on September 23, 2008, 07:20:44 PM

I loved it!  Mohinder has always been an irresponsible scientist.  He's always been more concerned about science than ethics, so I was not surprised to see him try the serum.

Overzealous, yes.  Wanting to give everyone powers?  That came out of the blue.  Wanting superpowers himself?  Another one out of the blue.

Mohinder was written completely out of character. 

They need new writers...stat.   icon_wink

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 08:26:56 PM »

Another person who can paint the future?  Seriously?

oh, and I guess they realized that Ali Larter, tho hot, played a shitty character, so lets fuck with people by casting her as another character yet keeping the hotness.

Super Mohinder?  ugh.

Linderman back? Nathan Petrelli coming back from the dead?

The only bright spot of the episode was William Katt showing up, and they killed his ass.  Otherwise, the plot was full of more stretching than Mr. Fantastic.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on September 23, 2008, 07:25:38 PM

Quote from: Eel Snave on September 23, 2008, 07:20:44 PM

Overzealous, yes.  Wanting to give everyone powers?  That came out of the blue.  Wanting superpowers himself?  Another one out of the blue.

Mohinder was written completely out of character. 

They need new writers...stat.   icon_wink

Mohinder always seemed disappointed that he didn't have any abilities.  I always was under the impression that he would do anything to be 'special'  like the people he studied.  Didn't seem out of character in the slightest to me. 
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 10:29:44 PM »

Mohinder has never once struck me as disappointed in the fact that he had no powers.  He's always come across as someone driven to understand his father's research and, after discovering the fate of his sister, to help those who were a danger to themselves or others.  Yet within 2 minutes of ep 1 of season 3, he roughly grabs plague chick and starts proclaiming that he can now GIVE people superpowers.

No, I'm sorry, that came from left field.  It was just sloppy writing.  They need to get together in a war room, hash out where they think they're going, then turn the bus in the right direction.  Right now it's heading for a crash. 

My best guess on what's going on is that someone's boyfriend or girlfriend suggested that it would be fun to have everyone go "dark" this season so they could wear black leather outfits a lot.  So now they're rewriting all their characters so they can justify the purchase of 23 Matrix style trench coats. 

edit:  i was also laughing at Mohinder, after 2 seasons of intensive research in both a lab and in the field, suddenly realizes within that aforementioned 2 minutes that it's (AHA!) adrenaline that's the key!

Where did you get your diploma, big brain...the Hasbro School of Science and Small Appliance Repair?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:30:45 PM by hepcat » Logged

Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 11:42:46 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on September 23, 2008, 10:29:44 PM

edit:  i was also laughing at Mohinder, after 2 seasons of intensive research in both a lab and in the field, suddenly realizes within that aforementioned 2 minutes that it's (AHA!) adrenaline that's the key!

Yes, I was laughing(bitterly) about the exact same thing.  Give me a  break.

I also was bummed about how we've spent 2 seasons trying to save the Cheerleader, save the world and then like nothing, Sylar shows up and gets what he wants.  That was terribly dramatic.  retard

I thought it was horrible, a big disappointment.  Season 1 was some of the best TV I've ever watched, but the show has been a mess ever since.  I wish I could stop watching, but I can't help but hope that they turn it around.
tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »

Just got done watching it....fucking letdown.

I agree with others who think it was a mess.
Unagi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 02:18:12 AM »

Just watched it.

I'm still a fan of the show....

- I totally agree with Hepcat's posts.

The Mohinder story seemed way out of character.  Since when has he been excided and into the idea of everyone being super-heroes?   Wasn't he looking for "a cure" up until he stumbled on the idea that 'blood' wasn't the only thing inside us?
And - even hooking up with Black-Eyes makes no sense what so ever.  She comes all the way up here because she is freaked out about her power, see's how she kills entire wedding parties...  and she (appropriately) freaks when she hears that Mohinder is thinking it's cool that everyone should have em....   Wait...   but then she just can't resist The Fly... er - I mean Mohinder once he's become strong and a bit forward?

And then Sylar (Gabriel... the Angel ?) just simply taking what seasons 1 & 2 were about keeping him from doing was a bit of an 'aaaaahh... Ok?'  moment...   

The Nikki thing is tiresome (I think I just don't really like her).

This new 'immortal' spin is a little 'meh' too... not sure what fun is in store with that really.

Alas, I guess I see some great potential in the series still - especially if this season opener was just a 'set-up' to make us all want something else - and they deliver that throughout the season.   We'll see.

Hiro still makes me chuckle - but even that story had me rolling my eyes a bit.  Hmmmm...  Self fulfilling prophecy?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »

Please put spoiler tag in title of this thread.. thanks  icon_evil

A new one
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »

Question about the Nikki/Jessica/Tracy storyline.  Ok if I remember right Nikkii's Jessica was a personality created out of the guilt Nikki had over losing her real sister Jessica or something like that.  Last time Nikki was seen a burning building fell on her so are we to believe that Tracy is Nikki/Jessica but just another personality or and this is a stretch could Tracy actually be her not so dead sister Jessica with no memory of Nikki or their dad?

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 07:20:44 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 24, 2008, 07:45:41 AM

You honestly didn't expect spoilers in this thread?  In the words of Gob, "OH COME ON!".
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »

I think it's just another personality.  It's entirely possible that there's another personality that has a different, untapped power and no recollection of her life as Nikki/Jessica/Rudolph/Ted Mosby/Fred Flintstone/Lisa The Incontinent Barber.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 10:32:15 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on September 24, 2008, 10:23:06 PM

I think it's just another personality.  It's entirely possible that there's another personality that has a different, untapped power and no recollection of her life as Nikki/Jessica/Rudolph/Ted Mosby/Fred Flintstone/Lisa The Incontinent Barber.

A personality whose power manifested when she needed it most...

Perhaps her power is the ability to create new powers as needed? The only downside of which, and what keeps her from being Petrelli or Sylar like, is that the new powers are inextricably linked to personality changes?

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 10:33:36 PM »

As I mentioned to a friend, I believe Heroes is the kind of show you have to completely shut your brain off for to enjoy.  I really enjoyed the episode while watching it, but unfortunately upon thinking and talking over the "plot" (I use the word loosely) virtually every single element makes no sense and each character behaves completely out of the norm (or does stupid things) only to serve the "plot."  But... I still find it fun and will treat it that way, as 100% mindless fun.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 05:22:04 AM »

I got a "Yay!" and an "Ugh" at the same time.

I dunno, it's interesting all the new things they setup, but how they went about settings things up was just odd.  Ando getting powers was probably the cooler aspect of the end of the episode.

I do like how Nathan is becoming a villain with his religious zealot deal.  I don't think Linderman is really back, he might just be a figment of Nathan's delusion.

Speedster girl was a nice touch as Hiro's nemesis.

For any other show I'd lose a lot of interest, but with Heroes I know they'll actually give some payoff to the setup, so that brings me back even if the bipolar character swings are annoying.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 06:10:48 AM »

Quote from: Mithridates on September 24, 2008, 07:20:44 PM

Quote from: Razgon on September 24, 2008, 07:45:41 AM

You honestly didn't expect spoilers in this thread?  In the words of Gob, "OH COME ON!".

thank you for the kind courtesy - I'm sure it cost you a lot...

A new one
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 01:34:40 PM »

It should contain the word spoilers, but its not a huge leap to figure out there would be spoilers. I never read threads about shows I don't want spoiled, especially if people start talking about it.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 01:39:32 PM »

Believe it or not there are indeed threads out there about TV shows, movies, games and more that keep spoilers behind spoiler tags throughout the whole discussion.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 02:42:14 PM »

not too shabby, but then again I barely remember what happened at the end of last season, so no one really struck me as acting out of character.  I think I'll have to re-watch it online as my attention was split.

As for the adrenaline bit, I think that may be the key for Maya and some of the others but not everyone , which is why the experiment was backfiring.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
dmd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »

I think they're out of character because after Hiro went back in time and before Peter went forward, then back in time, and before the future Peter went back in time, Peter went back in time and screwed something up. The future Peter and the future Claire are different because of the aforementioned time trip and aren't aware of that trip because it's their own reality. Present Peter will have to go back in time to fix the current problems then go back in time in the future to correct the evil claire scar faced peter problem.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »

My head hurts.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »

I was thinking the same thing, Eel, but then I remembered watching Heroes - and I think that dmd's post summed it up rather well, lol.  saywhat

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 03:46:10 PM »

Explaining all the discrepancies found in the season 3 premiere as due to time travel is a really, really cheap deus ex machina.  While I think DMD's theory was a good one, I also lament it if it is indeed true.  It's akin to waking up and finding Bobby Ewing in the shower at the end of the season.   icon_evil

dmd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »

Maybe it'll go into a time loop thing with either Peter or Hiro at the center, and the only way to end it is to chop the head of the insidious Ando.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 05:15:09 PM »

Quote from: dmd on September 25, 2008, 04:02:30 PM

Maybe it'll go into a time loop thing with either Peter or Hiro at the center, and the only way to end it is to chop the head of the insidious Ando.

As long as everyone (including the women) start sporting Goatees, I'm okay with turning the entire cast evil for season 3.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 02:12:39 PM »

I should have rewatched the Season 2 finale, because I was completely confused the entire episode.

Aside from that, I was pretty disappointed. It felt like they decided Season 2 was such a mess, they would scrap it and just start over with all this contrived stuff that would satisfy the comic book geeks.

Let's make Mohinder suddenly want to be Superman, and let's make Claire immortal, and we'll give Hiro a new destiny, and we'll make evil Claire and evil Peter, and let's make Nathan come back to life, and maybe Linderman, and let's give Sylar a bunch of Superman 2 villains to hang out with, and let's make Ali Larter not Ali Larter, and...

I felt like they over-corrected. Instead of steering the series gradually away from the Season 2 mess, they went full throttle in the other direction and just made it a confusing, contrived mess.

I'll keep watching, but yeah, I agree with others who felt it was a let-down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: