http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 09:52:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heroes - season 1  (Read 1096 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:48:10 AM »

Is this supposed to get, I dunno, less stupid at some point? I'm three episodes into the first season and while I love the mystery of the story the amateur cast and corny high school dialogue is testing me. Not to mention, it seems kind of retarded that the blonde invulnerable chick has had her neck broken AND some kind of tree branch stuck into her neck by the same guy. What a coincidence that this would happen to someone who can't be killed.

After a few episodes of this and the Indiana Jones movie I'm almost certain Hollywood considers us idiots. I miss The Sopranos.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:55:14 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on June 03, 2008, 05:48:10 AM

Is this supposed to get, I dunno, less stupid at some point? I'm three episodes into the first season and while I love the mystery of the story the amateur cast and corny high school dialogue is testing me. Not to mention, it seems kind of retarded that the blonde invulnerable chick has had her neck broken AND some kind of tree branch stuck into her neck by the same guy. What a coincidence that this would happen to someone who can't be killed.

After a few episodes of this and the Indiana Jones movie I'm almost certain Hollywood considers us idiots. I miss The Sopranos.

Suspension of belief?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 06:42:47 AM »

If you want something believeable and more real, why not take a look at Hotel Paradise then?

A new one
Pong
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 08:19:37 AM »

I thought it sucked for the first ~6 eps or so, but then it got really good. Not the best acting ever but it was good enough to keep me wanting more.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »

It took me four or five episodes to really get hooked, and the cheerleader's story never hooked me. It was the stories like Hiro, HRG, Petrelli that got me hooked.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 12:29:03 PM »

So you think The Sopranos considers

Don't stop! Believin'!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »

What a coincidence that this would happen to someone who can't be killed. .

well, if it happened to all the killable characters there wouldn't be much of a show left.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »

I'm probably just retarded and certainly not as sophisticated as you, but I found Heroes Season One to be AMAZING.
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 03:46:44 AM »

Heroes starts slowly. There were a lot of critics predicting that it would cancelled in its first season because of its very gradual, incremental introduction. Pulling my DVDs off the shelf, I would say that episode nine ("Homecoming") is where the show really starts to pay off. For the most part, it stays strong from there to the end of the season but if you aren't enjoying it by then, you probably won't enjoy the rest.

- Ash
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 06:28:18 AM »

I watched a few more episodes and am definitely starting to enjoy it more but I don't think my low opinion of the cast will change any time soon. Still, enjoying the comic bookness of it all.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »

Huh, Heroes had me hooked from the first show.  The dialogue or acting never bothered me whatsoever and even if it gets a bit unbelievable at times that's something that I can take, coming from something that's practically a live-action comic book.  24's ridiculous suspension of disbelief is just ridiculous however.
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 12:27:55 PM »

Heroes pwnz.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »

My only problem is that I watch it with my girlfriend and we watch the Japanese version.  We watch it in English but with Japanese subtitles-which is fine for the most part but then when Hiro and Ando start speaking Japanese I get totally lost because there are no English subtitles!!  By the way did you know that Ando and Hiro's father aren't even Japanese?  Perhaps my senses have gotten more attuned from living in Japan for 3 years but the way they speak is just ridiculous.  My girlfriend laughed when Hiro's father started talking.  Could they not find any other Japanese people in America?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »

what!? Mr Sulu ISNT japanese? I'm flabbergasted!

A new one
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 04, 2008, 12:33:02 PM

My only problem is that I watch it with my girlfriend and we watch the Japanese version.  We watch it in English but with Japanese subtitles-which is fine for the most part but then when Hiro and Ando start speaking Japanese I get totally lost because there are no English subtitles!!  By the way did you know that Ando and Hiro's father aren't even Japanese?  Perhaps my senses have gotten more attuned from living in Japan for 3 years but the way they speak is just ridiculous.  My girlfriend laughed when Hiro's father started talking.  Could they not find any other Japanese people in America?

Pretty sure George Takei is of Japanese descent, going so far as to have been interred at Camp Rowar during WWII...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 01:34:39 PM by CrayolaSmoker » Logged

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 12:52:18 PM »

Born in Los Angeles, CA to Japanese-American parents, George was held in an interment camp as a child during World War II.

http://heroeswiki.com/George_Takei

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 02:44:40 PM »

damn, someone better inform him  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 08:07:10 PM »

That first season of Heroes was pure awesomeness.   It is a superhero comic done in live action, so you need to view it in that light to enjoy it. 

The scary thing is that the second season was crap, so if you don't like it now there is no real point of watching more.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »

Oops! Well technically he is Japanese I suppose.  Of course I could claim that I'm Scottish because my mother was born in Scotland.  That doesn't mean that I can speak with a Scottish accent though!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: