http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:12:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heroes premiers tonight *spoilers!*  (Read 7420 times)
Zimix
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2006, 01:56:54 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on October 18, 2006, 06:00:40 AM

I'm assuming the glaxed over white eyes thing means there powers are in effect? I mean you don't see it with Hiro since he shuts his eyes but it seems when other people are in the "power zone" there eyes turn white. Just something I've observed anyway.

Have others had it happen other than the nurse-guy?

Spoiler for Hiden:
The nurse-guy appears to have the ability to absorb the powers of those that he is around.  I.e. flying when he is around his brother, drawing the future after being around the artist, able to move when time is stopped around Hiro, etc
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2006, 07:16:54 PM »

Quote from: Zimix on October 18, 2006, 01:56:54 PM

I'm assuming the glaxed over white eyes thing means there powers are in effect? I mean you don't see it with Hiro since he shuts his eyes but it seems when other people are in the "power zone" there eyes turn white. Just something I've observed anyway.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The nurse-guy appears to have the ability to absorb the powers of those that he is around.  I.e. flying when he is around his brother, drawing the future after being around the artist, able to move when time is stopped around Hiro, etc
Spoiler for Hiden:
The artist had the white eye going when he was painting Claire being chased

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2006, 04:13:36 PM »

I don't get to watch the show on Mondays normally due to my obsession with Monday Night Football (regardless of how bad the announcing is).  Therefore, I LOVE that it is on the sci-fi channel on Friday's before BSG.  I hope that doesn't change.

"Nikki's not here right now..."    Loved that line!

Probably my favorite part of the show is they don't make you wait forever for something to be explained, or something to actually happen.  I was initially afraid it was going to be another LOST - where 12 episodes go by, and nothing is revealed.  So far, that isn't the case.

Oh, and I missed about the first 5 minutes of the last episode... did they by chance show what happened to the cop that was in the bar? 

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2006, 04:19:12 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 23, 2006, 04:13:36 PM

Therefore, I LOVE that it is on the sci-fi channel on Friday's before BSG.  I hope that doesn't change.

I knew it was on sci-fi as well at some point; but here on Fridays before BSG it is Doctor Who...

And they did show the cop who was on Alias/Lost/Felicity on the table with the creepy glasses guy and the black guy who was staring at him in the bar...  Someone else will certainly have a better memory if there was anything more specific than a general threat that they'd be seeing what he was capable of?

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
warning

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2006, 04:31:17 PM »

Yeah the Glasses Guy and the man from the bar (who might be Nikki's ex-husband) were there and Cop Guy was restrained.  Glasses Guy made some statement about wiping him clean or something to that effect.  That was all they showed from that particular storyline.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2006, 04:35:43 PM »

Just was checking out Ain't It Cool News -- without spoilers, the reviewer of this week's episode claims that it was the best yet...

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2006, 04:48:18 PM »

Quote from: JLu on October 23, 2006, 04:35:43 PM

Just was checking out Ain't It Cool News -- without spoilers, the reviewer of this week's episode claims that it was the best yet...

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2006, 04:48:30 PM »

Ahh... OK.  Thanks for the update on the Cop... I like that actor from Alias, whatever his name is.

So, do any of you guys have any early theories on who this Sylar/Skylar/Skyscraper/Skyking (whatever his name is) guy is?  Or is he simply one of the first guys with "powers" that was discovered by the dead doc - and chose to use those powers to be bad?  Do you all think he is related in some way to Glasses Guy, or do you think he is sort of out on his own causing havoc?  Is he like the Doctor Doom, evil hero of ultimate power that all the good guys have to team up to beat?  Is Glasses Guy part of a government project to stop these "mutants" along the lines of the X-Men plotline?  I would love to hear some early theories if you guys want to share them.  I am notoriously bad for figuring out what is going on from a plot standpoint until it hits me smack in the face.  

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2006, 04:53:23 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
When did he paint the future?

This show is awesome. Some of these guys remind me of characters in the book series Wild Cards. I'll have to re-read it now.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 23, 2006, 04:48:30 PM

Ahh... OK.  Thanks for the update on the Cop... I like that actor from Alias, whatever his name is.

So, do any of you guys have any early theories on who this Sylar/Skylar/Skyscraper/Skyking (whatever his name is) guy is?  Or is he simply one of the first guys with "powers" that was discovered by the dead doc - and chose to use those powers to be bad?  Do you all think he is related in some way to Glasses Guy, or do you think he is sort of out on his own causing havoc?  Is he like the Doctor Doom, evil hero of ultimate power that all the good guys have to team up to beat?  Is Glasses Guy part of a government project to stop these "mutants" along the lines of the X-Men plotline?  I would love to hear some early theories if you guys want to share them.  I am notoriously bad for figuring out what is going on from a plot standpoint until it hits me smack in the face.  

I think the glasses guy/Claire's foster-dad helped create these people somehow. Probably through a government experiment.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on October 23, 2006, 04:53:23 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
When did he paint the future?

We're spoiler tagging for episodes that have already aired?  Well, to answer your question:

Spoiler for Hiden:
When the nurse guy was in his hospital bed, he makes a simple stick figure drawing that shows a stick figure standing on the right, and another one standing to the left in the air right next to a little ledge.  The layout matches the shot later in the episode where nurse guy steps off the balcony ledge and is hovering in the air while his brother is standing off to the right.  I think the idea is that it's just the premonition ability that is transferring rather than any artistic talent.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »

I Tivo'd Sundays reshowings, and caught up on the episode I missed.

I like it *MUCH* better.. Missing a key episode really kills the flow of the series!

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2006, 05:48:08 PM »

How can I edit the topic to add 'with spoilers'?  Wouldn't have to worry about spoiler tags for episodes from two weeks ago then...

warning

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2006, 05:53:48 PM »

Quote from: JLu on October 23, 2006, 05:48:08 PM

How can I edit the topic to add 'with spoilers'?  Wouldn't have to worry about spoiler tags for episodes from two weeks ago then...
Yeah good idea.  I'll take care of it.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2006, 05:56:26 PM »

Quote from: warning on October 23, 2006, 05:53:48 PM

Quote from: JLu on October 23, 2006, 05:48:08 PM

Yeah good idea.  I'll take care of it.

Thank you!

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2006, 07:45:48 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

You bastard! I hadn't figured that out!!! OMGZ!!  eek I am a  retard.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2006, 07:51:34 PM »

To answer a few questions I can fill in :

Not everyone's eyes get milky white. I think the artists are to show his trance state (easy visualization). The cop doesn't use it.

Black dude in bar:
Spoiler for Hiden:
He's Ali Larters husband. The previews show him hugging his son.

Cheerleaders dad:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm not convinced he's "evil". I think he's a Nick Fury. Or he's an area 51-ish agent with no concern for human life. This means he has the cheerleaders parents in a jar. nod

The whole hotel scene:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Was a setup for blackmail material against a budding politician(in case you hadn't noticed)

Ali Larters character:
Spoiler for Hiden:
May have been the one to kill the gang members buried in the desert. Also, the black dude doesn't know about her powers. (from the teaser it seemed that way)

Indian guy
Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't think the indian guys dad is dead. Also, I think he's got some powers too; not just the ability to drive cab. JK!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:04:03 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2006, 08:09:38 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 23, 2006, 07:51:34 PM

Black dude in bar:
Spoiler for Hiden:
He's Ali Larters husband. The previews show him hugging his son.
I think you are wrong on that.

Spoiler for Hiden:
DL (husband/dad) is in jail and escapes in a coming episode. His power is walking through walls.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2006, 08:10:59 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 23, 2006, 07:45:48 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

You are a rube. Peter tells Mohinder Suresh that he thinks his power is that in the last episode. It's not supposed to be a secret anymore.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2006, 09:00:27 PM »

Quote from: Bob on October 23, 2006, 08:10:59 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

You are a rube. Peter tells Mohinder Suresh that he thinks his power is that in the last episode. It's not supposed to be a secret anymore.
I thought he just said that in order to fly he had to be around other powered people, not what is in the spoiler.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2006, 02:28:36 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

To be fair I was also doing laundry at the time.  disgust

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2006, 03:13:50 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 24, 2006, 02:28:36 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

To be fair I was also doing laundry at the time.  disgust
During Heroes? Sacrelidge!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »

Quote from: Bob on October 24, 2006, 03:13:50 PM

During Heroes? Sacrelidge!

Yeah, I missed the whole stickman thing. So anyways the creepy black guy isn't the kids father. The preview showed a bald black man hugging the kid; from the .25 second shot they looked the same.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think the more and more I see the cheerleaders father, the less I think of him as evil, just a self-serving agent of a larger org.

Heroin
Spoiler for Hiden:
The artist will figure out that he doesn't need heroin to do the paintings... and then there will be a struggle for his lost love.

RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2006, 06:09:21 PM »

To help fill in storylines NBC has been posting online comics for each episode. Last week the comic shows what happens from the point of impact of Claire driving the car into the wall and the ambulance arriving.

This week shows D.L.'s escape.

NBC Heroes site

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2006, 11:30:19 PM »

Finally saw this episode.

Wow, it just gets better and better.  I loved the flying thing, that politician character got about 10x more interesting in this episode.

Connecting his flying scene with these guys was fantastic:

When Nikki told him "You shouldn't have come", was I the only one thinking "that's not what you said in the webchat"?

That cop's situation reminds me of a Stephen King story "I know what you need".   I sense bad things coming between him and his wife when she realizes he really doesn't know her at all, he's just following directions.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »

I guess no one is watching this anymore (I'm not but my wife is)?

Just wanted to point out the fact that the cheerleader is a Disney singer.

We watch the Disney channel a lot with our 4 year old grandson. slywink

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2007, 01:25:43 PM »

I watch it every week and love it!  Probably my favorite show going right now. 
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2007, 01:55:11 PM »

I think I fell behind on this one when the new season started up.

Heck, I don't even know what night it's on.

Damn it.   disgust

LD

Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2007, 02:47:25 PM »

We don't miss it.  My family is still enjoying it.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »

I've been watching it and I've thought they've done a really good job with it.  Very realistic character portrayals considering what is going on.

I believe that if you go to www.nbc.com, you can watch all of the episodes there if you want to catch up.  I'd recommend it.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »

Quote from: Graham on February 14, 2007, 04:25:06 PM

I believe that if you go to www.nbc.com, you can watch all of the episodes there if you want to catch up.  I'd recommend it.

Thanks Graham.  I think I will do this.

LD

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2007, 04:06:12 AM »

Yeah, LD. Get on it. It's one of the best shows on TV.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »

Okie Dokie...  All caught up now.

I'm growing a bit tired of the Hiro & Ando comic relief stuff...  but other than that - I think the show continues to improve, which is such a great sign.  (I do miss Eden though)

And Sylar is starting to actually become a really "good" bad-guy!  I am happy for how things are developing on that front.

icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 04:24:56 PM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: