http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 09:38:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heroes premiers tonight *spoilers!*  (Read 7422 times)
JLu
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 12:55:56 PM »

I finished watching the first episode; it didn't do a lot for me.  Since it was said that originally it was supposed to be a two hour pilot, I'll tape episode two and try that out before deciding if I'll watch.  Leaning towards 'rather be doing something else' after one week though.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 02:25:28 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on September 26, 2006, 02:04:33 AM

I'm impressed. And happy.  That is some of the best television I've seen since the initial season of Numbers and Firefly.   Can't wait for next Monday.   Oh...and that was an evil ending. smile

BTW, the man in glasses....who is he?  I've seen him somewhere before....
I have a theory.  I could be wrong, but bear with me.  Does anyone remember Sam Jones?  He played Flash Gordon in the 1980 film.  Okay, when I saw the guy in the glasses, I immediately thought of him.  Not because of his role in Flash Gordon, but because of his role as bounty hunter Aris Boch in season 3 (?) of Stargate SG-1.  I have a recent pic of him here...any thoughts?

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2006, 01:59:08 PM »

Really good show...great ending. Much darker than I was expecting it to be.

On the DVR list now.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
warning

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2006, 05:28:27 AM »

Okay the second episode completely cemented this show as a must-watch for me.  The ending was so unexpected, so freaking cool it's just hard to describe without giving anything away.

This is my favorite new show.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2006, 12:58:11 PM »

Quote from: warning on October 03, 2006, 05:28:27 AM

Okay the second episode completely cemented this show as a must-watch for me.  The ending was so unexpected, so freaking cool it's just hard to describe without giving anything away.

This is my favorite new show.
It was about to lose me among the many threads it has going until I realized that something is actually happening with each of them...no really wasted scenes.

And then the ending...wow. I can't think of a better ending to a one hour show ever...not even Lost's first season.

Two things:

1. This is the most graphic show I've ever seen on network TV.
2. Ali Landry is still hot as hell.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2006, 01:38:43 PM »

Ali Landry is in it??? I dont recall seeing her.

EDIT I cant find where Ali Landry is in Heroes but it does list someone named Ali Larter.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 01:42:06 PM by Daehawk » Logged

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2006, 01:50:59 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on October 03, 2006, 01:38:43 PM

Ali Landry is in it??? I dont recall seeing her.

EDIT I cant find where Ali Landry is in Heroes but it does list someone named Ali Larter.
My bad...it's Larter. She was in American Outlaws. I get the two names confused.

She's still hot, though.  icon_lol

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2006, 02:52:52 PM »

Welp, missed it.  Not too upset about it, but the raves about the ending have me wondering...
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2006, 03:20:37 PM »

Week two was allright.  It was decent enough so I'm going to try another week, but I won't really care if I miss it.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2006, 04:41:57 PM »

It's setting up a lot of really cool possibilities for future episodes.  There are a lot of unanswered questions and lots of hints and a few pretty clear facts.  That sort of setup is like crack for me.

Plus the character of Hiro is just seven kinds of cool.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2006, 04:43:29 PM »

Crap, I missed it.. Is there a recap tonight?

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
warning

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2006, 05:43:39 PM »

I think you can watch it online at NBC.com.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2006, 09:27:45 PM »

The cop part...the wife looks at me and says "yep seems the IQ lvl of cops is the same there as here" hehe

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2006, 02:47:42 AM »

Just saw the second episode, that was awesome as hell!

This show is so densely packed with good material for all the characters it's pretty amazing.  It makes other shows look plodding in comparison(Lost I'm looking at you).   The imagery is dark, much darker than the way they are selling the show would suggest.  I bet that's a big reason it's so popular- people tune in expecting a lighthearted comic book romp and get the heebie jeebies watching this.  I know a couple of parts had me pretty spooked.   It's the kind of surprise I love to get in a tv show.

Did anyone else think "Someone working on this show plays Diablo" when this scene came up?  I was trying to guess what he had on his belt.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 02:53:40 AM by gameoverman » Logged
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2006, 08:18:48 AM »

The second episode was excellent overall.  There were a couple things I didn't see coming that were pretty cool.  It's pretty early to say, but so far this is the best new show I've seen.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
warning

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2006, 11:40:14 AM »

Quote from: Nth Power on October 04, 2006, 08:18:48 AM

It's pretty early to say, but so far this is the best new show I've seen.

I completely agree.  You guys who aren't watching this (ATB... hellooooo???) are out of your minds.  This seems like one of those shows that in six months you'll be saying "Oh I wish I'd been watching that.  Now I have to wait for the DVD's."
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2006, 01:21:25 AM »

This and Studio 60 easily make the two best consecutive hours of television this season.  Great, GREAT stuff.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2006, 12:00:28 PM »

Those of you who are loving it will be happy to hear; it's been picked up for a full season...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061006/tv_nm/heroes_dc_2

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2006, 12:16:36 PM »

Quote from: JLu on October 06, 2006, 12:00:28 PM

Those of you who are loving it will be happy to hear; it's been picked up for a full season...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061006/tv_nm/heroes_dc_2

Sweet!  I'm liking it thus far.  I only have one complaint - the music.  Seriously, I know the guy is from India.  We don't need the Hindi music overpowering the speech every time he is on screen!  When will shows have a music slider and a speech slider? smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2006, 12:18:43 PM »

that's awesome, I thought the first episode set it the season up well in a way that 1st episode should, the 2nd episode almost blind sided me with how dark it was. I don't think I've ever seen some of the stuff I saw on Network TV before, espcially the part in LA with the Police Officer and the husband and wife, it took me a minute to figure out what was what...

I'm definately set for some appointment TV with this show.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2006, 03:18:10 PM »

3rd episode...ok...the ending was great, again.  eek   icon_lol

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2006, 03:35:20 PM »

I think the show is good, but not over-the-top great like some.  That being said, I liked Episode 3 a bunch.  There are characters I like, characters I don't like, and the premise of the show reminds me a little bit of the movie Dreamscape.  (I'll explain that in the spoiler below)

Spoiler for Hiden:
In Dreamscape, that movie with Dennis Quaid, there were a few people with the power to control and manipulate their dreams and the dreams of others.  The best guy at doing this was the guy who learned how to do it first, and he was the bad guy.  He abused his powers, and really had noone out there to stop him.  The good guys send in these dream-warriors, or whatever, who are also good at controlling dreams, but are new to their powers, and therefore not as good at it as the bad guy, and at a disadvantage. 

This Skylar guy reminds me of that.  He seems to be systematically trying to take out the other people with other hero-like powers so he can rule the roost, so to speak.  I would rather he not work for the cheerleader's dad, and have him be a completely independant storyline to the "Government wants to cut up your brain to see how you work" one; but whatever.  I guess we'll see how that all plays out.   I still am not sure who the guy in that bar was.  Was it Sylar, was it the hot girl's husband-gone-missing, was it an agent working for cheerleader girl's dad, was it someone new entirely?   

I actually can say, despite what I consider marginal acting (at best) by some of the cast, I am looking forward to seeing where the show goes from here.  I find the story very interesting, and like how they end each episode so far.

Overall : Thumbs up
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 03:46:45 PM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2006, 06:37:46 PM »

I'm assuming they keep finding way to show Claire's healing ability each episode and this last one was to show what can keep her down.

Spoiler for Hiden:
In the first two episodes she healed almost instantly when hurt. She was able to twist her head back around in ep 2 without missing a beat. I'm assuming the stick was lodged in her brain...hence her not waking up till it was removed. So the only way to stop Claire would be to remove the brain or put a spike in it disrupting her healing ability. She's had other things stuck in her...I believe she mentioned having a metal rod stuck through her neck and didn't have problems with that one.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2006, 07:07:43 PM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on October 10, 2006, 03:18:10 PM

I was thinking the same words that came out of Claire's mouth.  :smile:

Other than some cheesy dialogue, I thought it was another great episode.  Hiro's my favorite character so far.  I like the way he really sees his destiny as a hero and wants to help people (and his power is pretty damn cool).

Anyone else notice the kid not waking up in the hot baking Nevada sun while his mom is a few feet away digging away?  I would think he would have woken up before he did.  I guess the kid sleeps like a rock.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2006, 10:17:04 PM »

I had a feeling that the kid 'knows' something is up so he put his head in the sand for awhile.  Later, when his mom asked about if he knew where his dad was, he clammed up, sort of implying the kid has a 'hear no evil, see no evil' approach to life.

I love this show, it is quickly becoming the one show I look forward to seeing every week more than any other.  Yeah, that ending was awesome.

The only characters I'm not too fond of are the brothers, but even that storyline got much more interesting by the end of this episode.

Hiro, yeah he rules most of all.  How can you not like him and his buddy(who is a great straight man btw)?

I was happy to see the McDonald's girl, the one from that Mcgriddle commercial, I find her appealing in a strange sort of way:

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2006, 02:22:08 AM »

Quote from: Nth Power on October 10, 2006, 07:07:43 PM

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on October 10, 2006, 03:18:10 PM

I was thinking the same words that came out of Claire's mouth.  :smile:

Other than some cheesy dialogue, I thought it was another great episode.  Hiro's my favorite character so far.  I like the way he really sees his destiny as a hero and wants to help people (and his power is pretty damn cool).

Anyone else notice the kid not waking up in the hot baking Nevada sun while his mom is a few feet away digging away?  I would think he would have woken up before he did.  I guess the kid sleeps like a rock.
The thing about Hiro's powers, though...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Had he not yelled for his friend to stop the truck, which caused it to veer off the road and straight for the girl, it doesn't look like the girl would have been in any danger.

I wonder if Hiro is *causing* this stuff somehow.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2006, 02:54:25 PM »

Great episode!

I still am not sure who the guy in that bar was.  Was it Sylar, was it the hot girl's husband-gone-missing, was it an agent working for cheerleader girl's dad, was it someone new entirely?

From the preview of next weeks episode, I'm thinking it's that he works for the cheerleaders dad.  I think the guy in the bar was another telepath who used his powers to knock out the cop.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2006, 07:45:14 PM »

*total geek moment*

Did anyone else notice the figures that the bus ran into were Tranzor Z?  I believe that in Japan it goes by Maningor Z or something like that.

I remember that show being on a LONG time ago.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2006, 07:52:01 PM »

Quote from: Graham on October 12, 2006, 07:45:14 PM

*total geek moment*

Did anyone else notice the figures that the bus ran into were Tranzor Z?  I believe that in Japan it goes by Maningor Z or something like that.

I remember that show being on a LONG time ago.

You aren't alone!  I saw that and remembered watching some show that had different robot groups on every day of the week.

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2006, 06:08:38 PM »

I've decided to just watch the last 15 minutes of each show now.  icon_lol
Spoiler for Hiden:
Nicki's not here right now.  eek
Save the cheerleader to save the world.  icon_lol

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2006, 07:11:36 PM »

I'm loving this show more with every episode.  Hiro is still the best character, but the rest are starting to come around. 
I'd also like to see some more of bad Nikki.  Rowr.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2006, 07:46:52 PM »

The best for me was Hiro from the future.  That was such a great scene and basically confirmed that what we are seeing now is backstory and character development and that the future looks really, really cool for this show and these characters.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2006, 07:59:09 PM »

Quote from: warning on October 17, 2006, 07:46:52 PM

The best for me was Hiro from the future.  That was such a great scene and basically confirmed that what we are seeing now is backstory and character development and that the future looks really, really cool for this show and these characters.

If the future of this world includes soul patches being fashionable again (on future Hiro), there is no hope for them...

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2006, 09:56:15 PM »

This show can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.  I know I'm really liking it because I feel no need to speculate about what's going to happen, I almost want it all to be a surprise.

Like the cute girl who is 'helping' the Indian guy, there's gotta be more to her character than just being a helpful chick...but if there is I don't want to know until the episode where they hit us with it, hehe, so I force myself to try not to think about it.

I'm assuming Ali Larter's character has some kind of super strength that they haven't really been able to really show us yet.  It can't be that she just knows how to fight as her alter ego, because even if she was highly trained in martial arts I'd expect that muscle/thug to put up more of a fight than that.  That's the only small thing that is bugging me a little. 
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2006, 10:31:25 PM »

Didn't she tear up the first two guys in her garage?  I always thought she had some kind of enhanced strength even though I suppose she could just be an excellent fighter.  It's cooler if she has super strength.  :smile:

Anyone know if the writer of this episode Bryan Fuller, is the same Bryan Fuller who created Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls?  I recognized the name, but I didn't see mention of it on IMDB.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2006, 12:50:57 AM »

Nikki ripped one of the thugs (the bigger one) completely in half earlier.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2006, 01:07:18 AM »

I am starting to cool with the show already.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think it has a bit too "Dark" of a theme, showing her as a cadaver on the autopsy table was unnecessarily over the top for me.  Having her maliciously kill that kid was totally over the top again.. Showing the guy shoot up with Heroine, or even creating a character that uses it leaves a sour taste for me.  I dunno but it feels more like a horror series than a super hero one.. I love the asian guy, but the other characters are totally "Meh" for me so far. I'll give it another few episodes before I tune out I guess.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2006, 01:48:34 AM »

That dark edge is one of the keys to its success, with me at least.  It's the thing that separates it out from the 4400s and Smallvilles of this world.   It doesn't shy away from the logical scenarios that it sets up.  For instance, the girl that is indestructable- well, they SHOW it, in ways that prove the point.

NSFW in spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
The internet camgirl?  She's allowed to have scenes that show that sexuality, instead of trying to pass her off as a virginal mom that only pretends to have a sexual side which is the usual approach on network tv.

The guy has powers, but only when he gets high?  Nice little dilemma there, hehe.  Heroin bad/powers good- oh what to do?

Even Hiro shows that ethics aren't exactly first on his list, when it comes to doing what he thinks is necessary(not 'right', just necessary).

Moral ambiguity is a good thing in this context in my opinion.  I've always felt that Superman was the most boring of all superheros because of his flawless 'goodness'.  Where's the fun in that?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:18:41 AM by gameoverman » Logged
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2006, 01:57:18 AM »

I didn't think it was too unrealistic for Claire to
Spoiler for Hiden:
try to kill her attacker.  He did, after all attempt to rape her and after he (accidentally) killed her, he dragged her body and dumped it in the river.  He also supposedly raped other girls at the school.
I'd say she has the right to be angry.

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2006, 06:00:40 AM »

I'm assuming the glaxed over white eyes thing means there powers are in effect? I mean you don't see it with Hiro since he shuts his eyes but it seems when other people are in the "power zone" there eyes turn white. Just something I've observed anyway.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: