http://gamingtrend.com
November 29, 2014, 06:29:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HEROES - 5/14/07  (Read 922 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2007, 02:13:52 AM »

So, here's what I don't get:

How is Sylar going to blow up NYC and stay alive?  Wouldn't going Nuclear kind of fry his body in the process? 

In the future, he blows up NYC and then obviously stays alive.  Is Claire's power awesome enough to regen even that?

What am I missing?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 02:35:50 AM »

Well, in the future from the "Five Years Gone" episode, Sylar does not explode.  Peter does, but everyone thinks it was Sylar. 

In the current timeline, it could still go either way.

Sylar does think he himself will blow up, so to answer your question:  Sylar is new to this power, maybe he doesn't think that he could get hurt in the explosion.  He can make little controlled radioactivity bursts in his hands without his skin melting off, so maybe he is indeed immune.  Even Ted, who had the powers for a lot longer than Sylar, didn't know what would happen if he blew up.  Earlier Ted said something like, "I don't know what would happen if I was shot, do you?"

Actually, now that I think about it, in the "Five Years Gone" timeline, Peter never went to save Clare, so he didn't have her regeneration.  Since we know for sure that he was the one to blow in that timeline, I guess that means that the exploder is safe.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 03:04:38 AM »

Makes sense to me.

That is one helluva destructive power!  Yikes!

Sylar's telekenisis is so damn cool.  Flipping that truck over with a flick of his hand.  I loved it.  I think it's time to dig out my old xbox and play some PsiOps.  I feel like throwing people around with my brain.   icon_biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 04:06:52 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on May 15, 2007, 03:04:38 AM

Sylar's telekenisis is so damn cool.  Flipping that truck over with a flick of his hand. 

for a moment there I though I was watching X-Men 3  icon_wink  Great episode though!  Next week, from what I've heard, we will see the end of Volume 1 and see Volume 2 kickoff in the same episode, so get ready for a cliffhanger  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 11:01:02 AM »

Pretty good episode!  So sad there's only one left.  icon_cry

Too bad Linderman went out like a chump.  I wonder, was that the payoff from the Nikki/DL storyline?  Meh - not great, but I guess it could have been worse.

I don't think I would have let the kid put his hands all over Silver Surfer #1.  Maybe Candice actually gave him a bunch of quarter bin comics and then used her powers. Yikes!

Can't wait for next week!!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 11:47:50 AM »

I liked the comment about the food and her looks.  It gave us some subtle insight on her character.  It would seem that she is living a bit of a lie as well. smile  It was a great show....
Spoiler for Hiden:
but wow...the characters were biting the dust left and right.
And next week doesn't seem to be any easier.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 12:16:05 PM »

Nuke-boy had to be put down.

In "Five Years Gone" Syler never got Clare's powers, so regenerating won't work for him. Peter can, and the previews kinda hint that he still goes nova. Clare WAS saved in the future; I don't think anything they've done in this show changes the railroad track to this future yet. I haven't seen any indication that there's something different.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 12:45:36 PM »

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa... that's right, Purge.  I have my timelines all messed up in my head.  In the future, Claire doesn't bite it until AFTER Sylar has killed Peter's brother and Candice to get both their powers.  And according to future Hiro, Sylar can't be killed if he has Claire's power.  So that means that future Hiro doesn't try to kill Sylar until after Claire's dead?  OK - I just confused myself again.

I thought future Hiro tried to kill Sylar and failed.  I guess that isn't true?  When is present-day Hiro supposed to try and kill Sylar, did the comic say?    Can someone please help me understand this whole thing?  If Peter didn't save Claire at the homecoming game in the future, then how was she still alive in the future?  What was the point in future Hiro even going back to talk to Peter on the train? 

Wait... maybe there are multiple future timelines?  Did future Hiro seem surprised that Peter saved Claire when he first started talking to present-day Hiro... I forget?  If he did, then maybe the future was already changed?  But how is that possible?  Ok, now I'm just frustrated.

LD

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »

Future Hiro's original future:
No "Save the Cheerleader" visit
Peter does not meet Clair
Sylar kills Clair and gains regen
Hiro stabs Sylar, Sylar regens
Someone (likely Sylar) explodes

Future Hiro's new future when he returns
Just came back from giving "Save the Cheerleader" speech
Peter meets Clair and saves her, Peter gets regen
Sylar does not kill Clair
<not clear what happened to the stabbing>
Peter explodes, everyone thinks it's Sylar

That help at all?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 01:22:31 PM »

Ted could withstand his explosions, so it stands to reason that Sylar will be able to as well.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 01:37:51 PM »

Yes, it does help a bit.  So are we to assume what we are witnessing now (present time) is the 3rd option?  The "rewriting" of the two futures-gone-wrong, so to speak?

Quote from: wonderpug on May 15, 2007, 01:20:22 PM

Future Hiro's original future:
No "Save the Cheerleader" visit
Peter does not meet Clair
Sylar kills Clair and gains regen
Hiro stabs Sylar, Sylar regens
Someone (likely Sylar) explodes

Future Hiro's new future when he returns
Just came back from giving "Save the Cheerleader" speech
Peter meets Clair and saves her, Peter gets regen
Sylar does not kill Clair
<not clear what happened to the stabbing>
Peter explodes, everyone thinks it's Sylar

That help at all?

LD

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on May 15, 2007, 01:37:51 PM

Yes, it does help a bit.  So are we to assume what we are witnessing now (present time) is the 3rd option?  The "rewriting" of the two futures-gone-wrong, so to speak?

That's my interpretation.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 02:51:33 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 15, 2007, 01:22:31 PM

Ted could withstand his explosions, so it stands to reason that Sylar will be able to as well.

I suspect that Sylar plans on killing Claire before he explodes. In his own psychotic mind, it's a done deal that he's going to get her power. Otherwise he could blow up the City whenever he wants. Probably just wants the power as insurance that he survives.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on May 15, 2007, 12:45:36 PM

I thought future Hiro tried to kill Sylar and failed.  I guess that isn't true?  When is present-day Hiro supposed to try and kill Sylar, did the comic say?    Can someone please help me understand this whole thing?  If Peter didn't save Claire at the homecoming game in the future, then how was she still alive in the future?  What was the point in future Hiro even going back to talk to Peter on the train?

Time is always in motion and things are always changing.  when Hiro lept 5 years into the future Claire had been saved in his timeline, and I am guessing that Future Hiro didn't know because his memory is wonky from all his jumping around the timeline trying to make things right.  At some point Hiro is going to have to remember to go back in time to warn Peter to save the cheerleader or else everything will go wonky.

Is anyone else wondering where the Haitian has gone off to?  His presence was missed last night.

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 15, 2007, 02:58:30 PM

Is anyone else wondering where the Haitian has gone off to?  His presence was missed last night.

Where did we last see him?  At Mama Petrelli's when Claire first arrived?
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 03:56:31 PM »

George Takei FTW!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »

Quote from: walTer on May 15, 2007, 03:56:31 PM

George Takei FTW!

They should have had a proper training montage with cheesy rock music for that part.  I'm kinda hoping they play 'Heroes' when everything is resolved next week.

Because I can,
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 05:39:44 PM »

I found Sylar's cat.   icon_biggrin

LD

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 06:05:05 AM »

That scene needed some queen playing in the background.  slywink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: