http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 02:50:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me remember the name of these 80's tv shows  (Read 700 times)
Ragnarok
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2005, 03:51:23 PM »

EddieA 's 'Read all about it' thread got me thinking of more shows I'd watch as a kid.  There are two which hold an obscure place in my memory.  All I have are vague descriptions but maybe they'll jog some memories.

The first on was any early 80s sci-fi/(crime fighting?) show about some guy who was computerized a la Tron.  He drove a car that could perform high speed 90degree turns like a light cycle and had a little globe of light that would assist him.  I think it was called 'cursor'. :roll:

The other show I only remember one episode.  I think it was a series or season finale. It may have been something like Mike Hammer or something-one of those detective type shows.  Anyway, the scene I remember from it comes at the end of the episode.  There is a nuclear warhead atop a building that he has come to disarm.  He has a female partner helping him.  His last words to her (in the episode) are "Trust me, I know what I'm doing.".  At that point he unscrewed the top of the warhead and the screen fades out amid the sound of a tremendous explosion and then fades back in to a ruined cityscape.

I think I was still in the single digits agewise when I watched these shows so memory is pretty sketchy but if you remember anything I'd love to know what they were. smile
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 03:57:12 PM »

Fear the power of google!

The first one was Auto-Man

No idea on the second one

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 04:01:01 PM »

I loved Auto-Man.  Why though, do I think  the 2nd show was Sledge Hammer?
ArmyOfOne
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 04:31:27 PM »

Yep, that was the cliffhanger ending to Sledge Hammer.

Snippit from http://www.sledgehammeronline.com/show_history4.htm

Taking a satirical, as well as fatalistic, approach to the situation… the series finale ended with an impossible to resolve cliffhanger in which Hammer, whilst attempting to disarm a nuclear warhead, obliterated his entire city.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 04:56:49 PM »

Lamented Alan Spencer in the Los Angeles Times: "If the other networks decide to broadcast the face of God, I know where ABC will put 'Sledge Hammer'."

LMAO,.. I remeber the previews for the second season "We're going to kill them.. we're going to... COSBY?  He's going to destroy us..."

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 08:44:49 PM »

I am an 80's television junky.  The other Sledgehammer episode that sticks out in my mind is the "Robocop" one.  I don't recall anyhting about it excpet Sledge is dressed up like Robocop with a big siren on his head.  I am sure that DVD set will be an impulse buy one day.  

Automan still makes an occasional appearance on the Schi-Fi channel.  Why can't they play those shows at night and play their shit shows/movies during the day?

omgz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: