http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 03:22:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help fund a documentary about the Making of Excalibur  (Read 499 times)
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:08:05 PM »

It's got 12 hours left, guys- let's make this happen!

http://www.indiegogo.com/excaliburdoc

We have had such an adventure making this documentary. Never did we expect to have so many of the cast from the movie 'Excalibur' come forward and meet us.

The interviews we have conducted are brilliant! A real mixture of humour, toil and fond memories.

The estimated runtime for this project is between 60-80 minutes.

John Boorman celebrates his 80th birthday in 2013 and six decades as a film director. This documentary pays tribute to one of his most iconic films after 'Deliverence'.

We believe in this project and have backed it as far as we can. We still have the final fence to climb before we release, with your help, a great feature documentary.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:37:13 AM »

I just pulled the Excalibur DVD down to watch,because i am in a bit of a King Arthur rut at the moment and about to order T.H.White's The Once and Future King from Amazon(which i have heard is the easier read between that and Thomas Malroy's Le Morte D'Arthur which the film is based off)...The Sword in the Stone-The Disney Cartoon- was on TV last week as well,watched that..its still great Tongue...must of been King Arthur week on the BBC or something because there was a documentary on the King Arthur myth/legend on last week as well

The current DVD of Excalibur(which is packaged in the old Warner cardboard clip case)has no special features whatsoever,it would be good for a re-issue with this documentary included...but then Warner could of put up the money i guess
(Blu Ray has the directors commentary)

Its a shame that it doesn't look like its reached its target,as i would love to see this,such a great cast

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »

Well, it is one of those "flexible funding" campaigns so they get to keep all of the money raised. I guess they just need to look elsewhere for the difference...

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 08:11:19 PM »

Can recall when this came to theaters. I so wanted to see it but was too young to go in to R movies at the time. I was able to see if when it came out on video a year later, along with a bunch of other R movies, and watched the crap out of it. Was my favorite movie for quite awhile. One of the few fantasy movies at the time that took itself seriously - Conan being the other.

I seem to recall seeing a documentary on the film before though as I remember one of the tid-bits was Boorman had to direct the sex scene with Igrayne, who was played by his niece or something.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 09:41:49 PM »

His daughter.  That was always pretty weird to me.  How do you shoot a scene with some dude in full plate humping your topless daughter?
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 02:19:40 AM »

Quote from: McNutt on January 16, 2013, 09:41:49 PM

His daughter.  That was always pretty weird to me.  How do you shoot a scene with some dude in full plate humping your topless daughter?

With drink in your hand?

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »

Damn Sorry I missed this until now.  I have multiple friends who are of the totally non geeky variety who will creep up behind me and say "I am the Merlin".  The kind of guys who don't play video games, have never read a comic book and have no idea who Joss Whedon is.  I insisted they watch this movie when we are at school and 10+ viewings later every single one of them can quote it and name it as one of their favorites.  Funny enough a few of us were finalist in this sports trivia contest at our local bar last Thursday and we pregamed at my house.  When we were getting out of the car to go in my friend turned around and said "Any man who would be a Knight and follow a King, follow me!" and jumped up and ran into the bar  icon_biggrin.  I made them geeks and they don't even realize it.  Great film.

morlac00 on PSN
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 02:32:50 AM »

Just watched this

Sorry i know its a 30+ year film,but i talk about the ending in the spoiler tags...better safe than sorry icon_mrgreen
Spoiler for Hiden:
Although the film was great,the last 10 minutes or so was just amazing,from when Perceval throws the sword into the lake and the lady of said lake holds it aloft just for a few seconds and then in one straight vertical swoop she pulls the sword down beneath the water,all while a red sunset is shining in the background,i was nearly welling up...not really sure why,I haven't done that to a film for a long time

I tried looking for a GIF of it,but could not find one..so you'll have to put up with the image

Arthur sailing out to sea on his funeral boat...pyre..whatever was also a great scene,and that music,fuck!!.. that music was great

Good ol' Youtube

I know its not great quality,but full screen is still the best way to watch this(4mins 22 secs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dV_HaaQfLU

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: