http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 06:41:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help a Devil at work...  (Read 1408 times)
Scott
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2004, 09:51:49 PM »

Poor Devil is stuck at work until 8pm and bored silly.  Help the guy out, post something argumentative or fun links for him to check out!

Fun fact:
Pasquarelli on ESPN chat today mentioned that he believes the analogy that Manning/Brady is similar to Marino/Montana.  All Brady does is win!

And finally, Pasquarelli claimed that the AFC Championship game will not be in Pittsburgh and will be won by the Patriots.

Another fact:
Teams that can beat Philly in the NFC Championship game: Seattle, Dallas, Carolina, St. Louis, Atlanta.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 09:55:08 PM »

Fun fact: the 80's musical group T'Pau was named after the Vulcan high priestess of the same name in Star Trek.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 10:00:52 PM »

I think I'm in worse shape than Devil.  I have a brand new copy of WoW installed on my computer at home, waiting to be played by me yet I have to wait another hour to get home. :twisted:

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 10:13:09 PM »

Thanks Scott/Everyone!!

I'll be checking this out...oh...I'd say...every 20 seconds or so!!

AA - Love the T'pau!! Heart and Soul (XM Channel 8 rules!)

Eco - You'll be well on your way to buying the silver cloak of doom, or whatever you LoTR/D&D guys do in those games, by the time I'm out of here.  :wink:

Scott - Manning? Puh-leaze. At least Marino GOT TO a Super Bowl.

Philly should cruise all the way to the NFC Championship game where they would lose to 3 nuns and stick of sugarless gum, nevermind a real NFL team.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 11:16:51 PM »

Your favorite player EVER just resigned with the Cubs. He was quoted as saying he was contemplating coming back to the Red Sox just to piss you off, but figured he couldn't walk down the street without everyone saying "Hey Beautiful" at him.

And Todd Walker is about to resign as well.... now let's just give them Millar and the triumverate shall be complete!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 11:22:22 PM »

I don't envy you Devil.  I'm on vacation this week.  :wink:  
I do wish I had an internet connection at work, though.  That's always nice.

I suppose you can always check back to this favorite link.  it always changes to keep you mildly entertained.

or read up on interesting stuff at Fark.com.  Always funny, weird or interesting.

Have fun!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
telcta
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 11:29:28 PM »

Shocked I tells ya...

Wonder where survey designers rank?

From CNN (Reuters):

Nurses get top marks when it comes to honesty and ethics, and car salesmen are the least trusted people, according to Gallup's annual U.S. survey of professions released Tuesday.

Nurses were given a "very high" or "high rating" by 79 percent of those surveyed nationwide in telephone interviews with 1,015 adults, aged 18 or older, conducted November 19-21.

Grade school teachers were next highest on the chart of 21 professions at 73 percent, one point higher than pharmacists and military officers.

Car salesmen brought up the rear with only 9 percent rating their honesty and ethics as high. That was one point lower than for people in advertising.

Journalists did not fare much better in public approval.

TV reporters (23 percent) and newspaper reporters (21) ranked below auto mechanics (26) and nursing home operators (24) on the list.

The survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points, Gallup said.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/07/life.honesty.reut/index.html
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 11:35:36 PM »

Koz - That's GREAT news!!! I feared that he might come back to the Sox or kill the team he drove me to (Angels). I used to like the Cubs too. Oh, well. 8M, huh? This is coming from the guy who turned down 15M a year for 4 years because that was insulting? "Thanks Beautiful!"  biggrin

Nth - Rest up!! I'm all caught up on Fark!

telcta - Interesting. My mother is a nurse and aunt is a grade school teacher. With all those good influences around, I wonder what happened to me? smile

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 12:16:56 AM »

Start a 'Circle' for upcoming events:
http://circles.lycos.com/

Can you believe that the Bills are back in the playoff race?

Tara Reid is back in the top 50 searches for 'Nipplegate'
http://50.lycos.com/

Crochet & Knitting and knitting is back in fashion:
http://50.lycos.com/120304.asp

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 12:30:39 AM »

Clay-licious

You should be ahamed!

Bills in the playoffs is fine with me as long as they keep Nancy Drew as their QB. I was a bit worried when they were challenging Miami for a while. The need to keep Drew!!! This might be a great moment in his career: The first time in 4 years that he QB'd a team that didn't come in last place. Hoooooray!!!

telcta
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 12:56:54 AM »

Quit refreshing and go home... it's just about 8:00pm.

Hope the weather isn't bad for you (mostly freezing rain around here - CT).  Are you stopping for fast food on the way home?  I'm thinking about trying Wendy's .... they just opened one up down the street.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 02:06:28 AM »

I'm home!!!

Shoulda posted right before I left.

Just rain here, thankfully.

No Wendy's for me - maybe tomorrow!!

Thanks to all of you for helping me through that very boring time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: