http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 04:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone had Ebay work in your (the seller's) favor?  (Read 461 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »

It seems like Ebay and Paypal always rule in favor of the buyer and as sellers can no longer leave negative feedback, you can almost be held hostage.

I bought 2 straight talk sim cards about 2 weeks ago only needed one, so put the other one on ebay never used, explained it was for the sim card only said free shipping. Sold for about $25 on 6/14. Shipped on 6/15 morning.
Buyer sends a message "Wheres my sim card?" I respond they just paid yesterday and it went out today a
Respond to them it's too late it already shipped and is on the way to them. nd provided them with the tracking number.
Buyer then sends a message "Cancel my order"
They send another message " Cancel my order and refund my money now"
Respond again the item was shipped and it's too late, and ask why they bidded, let alone paid for it, if they didn't want it?
They send another message they misread the description and thought it also included a $45 card (I thought my description was pretty simple and to the point plus it had a picture of exactly what they were getitng) and they would not open the package when they got it they wanted a refund.

This is a hassle as I sent the sim card in its original straight talk packaging and more than that under the terms it says no returns accepted. Yes I was kind of surprised it sold for $25 shipped when you can buy it directly from straight talk for $14.99 shipped.. but hey if they want to pay $10 more then why not?

I feel I'm in the right here, they had plenty of time to cancel the bid themselves or could have even emailed me after the item ended and said they changed their mind.. but to wait until after it's shipped? (And start the conversation out with a "Where's my sim card?" the day after they paid?)
Would I stand a chance at winning this one if a dispute is started? From my experience Ebay has always ruled in the buyer's favor even if they're wrong.  
On top of that they can also leave negative feedback while I can't.

Anyone have any positive seller stories involving disputes?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:24:06 PM »

Would you refund their money if they returned it?  I'm wondering if they indeed thought they were getting more than that one card based solely on your inflated price. 
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:54:43 PM »

Id return their money minus your shipping costs. They asked for a cancellation after shipping, they're on the hook for shipping costs.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 06:05:49 PM »

The price started at $5 with no reserve and free shipping.

Actually here's the link itself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251079439706?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649#ht_500wt_1200

I'm not sure how anyone could "confuse" that as coming with the $45 card.

I still feel they are in the wrong here but as ebay usually always seems to rule in the buyer's favor it may not be worth the hassle of fighting it.. and of course the buyer is demanding a refund "now" which if they don't return the card to me means I lose both the $25 and the card.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »

Well, even if ebay says give a refund, he'll have to return it 1st at his expense, so I'd offer to refund it after I received back... and insist on tracking the shipment or you can't guarantee you receive it.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 11:10:37 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on June 15, 2012, 06:05:49 PM

The price started at $5 with no reserve and free shipping.

Actually here's the link itself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251079439706?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649#ht_500wt_1200

I'm not sure how anyone could "confuse" that as coming with the $45 card.

I still feel they are in the wrong here but as ebay usually always seems to rule in the buyer's favor it may not be worth the hassle of fighting it.. and of course the buyer is demanding a refund "now" which if they don't return the card to me means I lose both the $25 and the card.
That sale seems pretty clear that it was just the card and not airtime. Sounds like the person discovered they spent too much for the card and doesn't want to pay up.

Playing: ? 360 | FO: New Vegas | BF4 PC / 360 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 12:15:29 AM »

Auction was clear on what item was, no refunds specified, low opening bid with no reserve.... Seems to be a pretty shut and dry case on your behalf. I'd contact ebay and see what they say and dispute any neg feedback this douche leaves you.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 05:31:14 AM »

Too late I already sent him a message saying if he returned the sim card in the unopened package I sent him then I'd refund him but not until I got it back.

I thought the listing was pretty clear and it's not my fault people bidded until $25.. I didn't force them to do that I started at $5 and was prepared to sell it for whatever it sold for, even if it only sold at it's starting bid. Not a huge deal.

It's even in the questions asked section at the bottom of the page someone asked if a $45 card was included and I stated it was not it was just the sim card.

Thanks for the tips in any case.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: