http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 04:44:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 407 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2012, 12:14:12 PM »

...to our Canadian brothers and sisters...

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »

This is the holiday their government created as thanks the United States for allowing them to exist, right?

...You're welcome, by the way.  Now make me some more Trailer Park Boys. 

Tongue

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 08, 2012, 01:41:37 PM

This is the holiday their government created as thanks the United States for allowing them to exist, right?
Interesting you bring it up, because 200 hundred years ago the armies and militias of Upper Canada eventually repelled an invading US army in the war of 1812. The Upper Canada forces then went on to take Fort Detroit (surrendered by US General Hull without a fight  Roll Eyes ), burn Fort Dearborn (Chicago) and eventually sack Washington! In 1 famous battle at North York, seriously outnumbered Upper Canada forces routed a vastly superior US force in the night by making the war crys of their Ojibway and Mississagua Native American allies. Many US soldiers were bayonetted on the ground while they lay curled up in terror in their sleeping blankets.

Todays thanskgiving in Canada really has the same meaning as the USA's November holiday (correction, we don't use it as an event to engage in murderous shopping sprees), but since you brought it up I thought I'd let you know that we Canuckistanians exist because we kicked your butt 2 centuries ago! Tongue
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:41:59 PM by kronovan » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:43:50 PM »

Wait, so I should really hate the Canadians? Screw you guys!

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »

Canadian thanksgiving is based on us giving thanks that we aren't Americans. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »

Regarding the War of 1812...our country just wanted to help you with your self esteem.  You guys just seemed so down at that point in history. 

So we constructed a fake Washington DC (don't you ever wonder why the history books in Canada tell you that Washington was only 75 kilometers outside Toronto?), let you guys roll on in and set fire to a few things, threw up our hands and yelled "Ohs noes, you done defeated us!" and then handed you 28 bucks worth of souvenirs you could take home as booty before heading back home?

Now...about that Trailer Park Boys issue.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »

is Canadian turkey like American turkey, or is it more like Canadian Bacon?  or are mooses used instead of turkeys?  if so do they get to wear a jaunty hat like our turkeys do?

word of warning:  do not arm your turkeys.  or mooses.

[edit]  if you do indeed consume turkeys, then perhaps you may be interested in a turkey cake.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:38:32 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 05:56:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 08, 2012, 05:36:57 PM

is Canadian turkey like American turkey, or is it more like Canadian Bacon?  or are mooses used instead of turkeys?  if so do they get to wear a jaunty hat like our turkeys do?

1.) The Canadian turkey is somewhat like the American turkey but much more dignified, stealthier and tougher. They put up a serious fight when you hunt them - its one of the reasons were so thankful when we have one dead on a platter at dinner.  icon_razz

2.) Nope not like Canadian Bacon, unless of course you're referring to that 1995 "turkey" of a movie called Canadian Bacon.  icon_cool

3.) Moose is only served by the hardiest of Canadians at Thanksgiving - namely those who don't mind breaking a set of 8 foot antlers to make their special wish.  eek

4.) We don't depict our turkeys in silly attire, and unlike our brethren south of the border we don't feel the need to emulate them so much  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:58:03 PM by kronovan » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 06:04:01 PM »

I see you do dress up your mooses though:

Because I can,
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 06:24:46 PM »

I've barely come up for air between exams, case studies, student involvement, etc, and time is blazing by, so when I read "Happy Thanksgiving" as a thread title I thought, "Holy fuck, it's NOVEMBER?!?!?!" 

disgust

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 08, 2012, 06:24:46 PM

I've barely come up for air between exams, case studies, student involvement, etc, and time is blazing by, so when I read "Happy Thanksgiving" as a thread title I thought, "Holy fuck, it's NOVEMBER?!?!?!" 

disgust

no, it's December.  Merry X-mas!  Tongue

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 06:41:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 08, 2012, 06:04:01 PM

I see you do dress up your mooses though:

Naah, that's just proof that some law enforcement officers up here in the Great White North do engage in beastiality - that poor moose was taken from some Mountie all-nighter in a Toronto suburb. At least they removed the mounting riding gear before they stuffed him.  icon_twisted

Quote from: PeteRock on October 08, 2012, 06:24:46 PM

OK come on Pete - wouldn't your wife be digging your old football gear out in lieu of you shopping at the mall if it really was?  Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: