http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 09:10:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo Concert  (Read 943 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2006, 09:20:50 AM »

http://abum.com/show/11885/halo-concert.wmv

Kudos to the kid to getting it done, kudos to the instructor to realizing just how insanely difficult that song is to play and not auto-dismissing it as 'just some stupid game crap'.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 01:59:48 PM »

Very good.  And a good call on the part of the instructor, too.  

Kids are inundudated by "classical" symphonic music every day and probably don't even realize it. By featuring themes that kids are going to recognize she'll probably raise the interest level in the school band activities.

The Detroit Sympony Orchestra has been featuring some popular suites lately. They had a Music of Final Fantasy and a Music of Star Wars concerts.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 03:00:38 PM »

Did a good job too.  That one guy in the middle was bobbin and diggin it too.  I know he was popping off Covenant left and right in his mind.  Bet he ran home and started Halo over again he was so pumped.   Kind of made my trigger finger twitch a tad as well.

Very nice find.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 03:45:09 PM »

That is fantastic.  Great job by those kids and my hats off to the instructor as well.  Like mikeg, I feel like playing Halo now. biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 06:55:46 PM »

Thats just seriously brilliant. Not only did they play the peice beautifully, but its also incredible that the teacher allowed them and supported them in doing so. Also, thats not a bad piece of music no matter where it come from, and I was always impressed by the symphonic stuff in Halo. And yes, I too want to play again now smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 10:01:48 PM »

<insert hand clapping smilie here>

it almost put me in the mood to play Halo again, but then I remembered the Flood and realized I'm happy without it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 10:42:06 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"

it almost put me in the mood to play Halo again, but then I remembered the Flood and realized I'm happy without it.

Im like *this* close to replaying both on the 360 any day now.
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 12:02:01 AM »

That was great.  Too bad you can't see the drummer.  Sounds like he/she is pounding away pretty good there.

<reinstalls Halo>
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 01:49:29 PM »

Why do people complain about The Flood?  I thought that was one of the brilliant parts about the original Halo.  I loved having a third party stirring things up.  Especially when you encounter The Flood for the very first time.  Chilling.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 03:33:54 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"

Why do people complain about The Flood?  I thought that was one of the brilliant parts about the original Halo.  I loved having a third party stirring things up.  Especially when you encounter The Flood for the very first time.  Chilling.

Yeah me too, it really amped up the tension and the "holy shit what the fuck is going on" factor, not to mention the constant, endless waves of enemies really made you think that you might just not survive. It really was a Flood, for all intents and purposes.  :  thumbsup
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 09:00:53 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

Yeah me too, it really amped up the tension and the "holy shit what the fuck is going on" factor, not to mention the constant, endless waves of enemies really made you think that you might just not survive. It really was a Flood, for all intents and purposes.  :  thumbsup

i initially thought the Flood were a good way to mix things up a little, but i think they just got a little old after a while.  the Flood areas just seemed to drag on and i found myself anxiously awaiting the return to fighting Covernant troops.  they were a cool idea, but overdone a little bit by the end.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 10:08:29 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"
Quote from: "Calvin"

i initially thought the Flood were a good way to mix things up a little, but i think they just got a little old after a while.  the Flood areas just seemed to drag on and i found myself anxiously awaiting the return to fighting Covernant troops.  they were a cool idea, but overdone a little bit by the end.

But, the flood ARE the enemy. The covenant are just a bunch of zeolots. Many of whom do not agree with the high council.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
warning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 10:13:56 PM »

Are The Flood in Halo 2?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 11:32:34 PM »