http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 05:55:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halftime Show sucked pure ass  (Read 3659 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2005, 04:42:16 AM »

Sorry, but it did.  

Worst half-time show ever.  The producers should be fired.

OK getting spanked was kinda fun to watch though.
GungHo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 08:34:52 AM »

Yeah I talked to a friend of mine about halfway thru the 3rd Qtr(I changed teh channel just before halftime) and he told me how bad it was...has to be pretty damn awful if guys are critzing it, ya know?   smile

I had one...
Tim Maynard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 03:23:55 PM »

The Halftime show sucked...but the game was really exciting!!!! biggrin
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 03:34:48 PM »

if by exciting you mean a lopsided contest, then sure it was exciting.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 04:54:32 PM »

Half-time show for what?
kong
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 05:30:19 PM »

I missed it.  Anybody have a link to it.  Good lord I heard a sound clip of Ashlee's halftime debacle on the Rome show and I need to see that performance.  That girls agent must be a fricking genius to keep landing her gigs.  She is a train wreck.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 05:44:38 PM »

Quote from: "kong"
I missed it.  Anybody have a link to it.  Good lord I heard a sound clip of Ashlee's halftime debacle on the Rome show and I need to see that performance.  That girls agent must be a fricking genius to keep landing her gigs.  She is a train wreck.

Agreed.  And in all seriousness... any upcoming young talentless star should be making a beeline to this agent's door, cause he is working some miracles here.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 05:45:26 PM »

Wait, did I miss the Superbowl?

Seriously, I have no idea.  I never saw any ads for it or anything.
kong
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 06:19:46 PM »

It was the national championship game of college football.  Granted I think it's a farce, the bcs is a joke.  Utah would have played better than that horribly overrated Oklahoma team.  Oklahoma stinks in bowl games.  Nuff said.
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 07:07:14 PM »

She should have exposed a breast - I'm sure we could have found some no-talent hack to rip off part of her costume.   Tongue
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 07:22:01 PM »

Quote from: "kong"
It was the national championship game of college football.  Granted I think it's a farce, the bcs is a joke.  Utah would have played better than that horribly overrated Oklahoma team.  Oklahoma stinks in bowl games.  Nuff said.

I guess that whole 2000, 2001, 2002 streak of wins, including 2 BCS wins, doesnt' mean anything. Perhaps they suck in BCS Championship games. They are 1-2 in the NC game. Not great, but not bad. And 1 of the 2 losses was by 1 touchdown, basically on the road vs. LSU. Underacheiving, perhaps. Overrated, stinking? Not so sure.

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 07:29:14 PM »

Better Question: Has there ever been a halftime show that didn't suck?

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 07:43:50 PM »

I couldn't believe how terrible that half-time show was.  I've seen a lot of bad ones with the SuperBowl and all, but that one certainly takes first prize.  I can't believe that girl is still getting these type of gigs lets alone any gigs at all.  That really sucks for all the performers out there who actually do have talent.

Oklahoma is definitely not overrated.  They have a tough schedule every season and were undefeated (well, except this last game of course) this season.  USC has good team (albeit they had a weaker schedule) but they didn't win the game as much as Oklahoma didn't show up to play at all.  It was embarrassing and highly uncharacteristic for them the way everybody but the punter simply folded.  I'm curious as to the standings for next season as Texas will hopefully be moved up to the place where Cali was wrongfully occupying all season.  1-USC, 2-Auburn, 3-Texas, 4-Oklahoma?
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 08:14:41 PM »

Jancelot -

Don't forget Ohio State in there.  They will be pretty damn good next year too.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 09:12:32 PM »

I downloaded a clip, yep that sucked alright. Good thing I was watching the Lakers get clobbered instead.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 09:46:43 PM »

That halftime show was terrible man. Shes so untalented. I turned to it and saw Mickey dancing, threw up in my mouth and let the room.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 09:50:39 PM »

Did the show producer really think the fans at a major college bowl game would have any interest in Ashlee Simpson? The fans that pay the big bucks to travel and see their teams aren't a bunch of 12-14 year old girls.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 10:01:06 PM »

^^  :lol:  :lol:
Good point, honestly, where was he going with the demographic on this one? I guess she is the same age as most of the people in the stands but I bet all of those people are better singers than her.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »

I purposely did not watch because i would rather eat hot coals than listen to Ashlee Simpson sing.  However, i did catch the last 30 seconds and did anyone else hear what i thought was boos from nearly the entire crowd when it was done?

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 10:55:54 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"
Better Question: Has there ever been a halftime show that didn't suck?

I found the Michael Jackson Super Bowl performance oddly compelling due to it's dark foreshadowing.

Just Hiro will do.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 11:02:35 PM »

Yes I also heard the crowd booing after she finished singing.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2005, 11:14:11 PM »

Quote from: "Xmann"
I purposely did not watch because i would rather eat hot coals than listen to Ashlee Simpson sing.  However, i did catch the last 30 seconds and did anyone else hear what i thought was boos from nearly the entire crowd when it was done?

i think you're right...that definitely sounded like massive booing when she finished.  the first two performers (kelly clarkson and trace adkins) were at least bearable, although the first girl seemed to be having some trouble with her monitor earpiece (after they finally got her a working mic)...it is quite a bit harder to sing in a situation like that when you can't hear your own voice, but that doesn't justify it all.  ashlee simpson was nothing short of horrible...her voice is awful, she couldn't keep time with her backing track, and her 'dancing' was ridiculous.  maybe the boos will teach them a lesson about either scaling back the show (which few care about anyway), or getting some real performers.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2005, 11:50:43 PM »

ya i'm always shocked to see who they book to perform these halftime shows.  you would think they'd have someone perform more in line with the target audience.  i could be wrong, but 99% of college football fans who watch these games are not Ashlee Simpson and Kelly Clarkson fans.  i hate halftime shows typically, but i'd be more inclined to watch if they had something more appropriate for my taste.

unbreakable
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 04:04:55 AM »

It needed more nipple, IMO.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2005, 04:45:01 AM »

What do you expect from the company that is owned by Disney? The BCS bowls have become a joke and ABC is one the main reasons.

The bowls used to be steeped in tradition, history and honor, but Corporate sponsor's(which I understand have almost allways been there) and to a larger degree the Disney-run TV channel ABC have tried to destroy as much of that for the all mighty dollar.

Why do you think the Rose Bowl has allready stated that they will NOT renew their BCS contract after next season. Without the Rose bowl, AP poll and soon to be support of all but the craziest fan and coach's the BCS and the bowl system's futures will be in doubt.

I still don't see how a 1-AA type playoff and the bowl system for the non-playoff teams can't co-exist.

I remember an Exec for the Holiday bowl talking about how hard it would be on the fans to follow a team week to week in the playoffs, and how easy it is for them to come out to a bowl, yet you can watch Bowl after Bowl with little to no attendance on TV and you turn on the 1-AA playoffs to sold out college stadium after sold out college stadium. Hell W&M had no space for anymore human beings during their semi-final game, not just sold out, but standing room only and the fire marshall saying  you can't have anymore people in the stadium. You'll get that everywhere with a playoff system...

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2005, 06:26:01 PM »

Quote from: "Xmann"
ya i'm always shocked to see who they book to perform these halftime shows.  you would think they'd have someone perform more in line with the target audience.  i could be wrong, but 99% of college football fans who watch these games are not Ashlee Simpson and Kelly Clarkson fans.  i hate halftime shows typically, but i'd be more inclined to watch if they had something more appropriate for my taste.

Hey, thats what I said! But you are right.

mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2005, 09:42:18 PM »

I only like half time shows with marching bands in them.

And none of that drum and bugle corps garbage either! biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: