http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 05:39:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hagel: U.S. should pull out of 'mismanaged' Iraq  (Read 1292 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »

"Militaries are built to fight and win wars, not bind together failing nations. We are once again learning a very hard lesson in foreign affairs: America cannot impose a democracy on any nation -- regardless of our noble purpose."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/26/hagel.iraq/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Damn I wish we had more republicans coming out against Dubya's thirst for blood and world conquest. What's interesting is a lot of people that have come out against the war are actually people who have been to war, like Senator Hagel who's a vietnam veteran, or Rep Murtha (although democrat) a former marine.

By the way yeah if you haven't guessed it already I'm pissed about this senseless war we had no business going into in the first place, if not for our troops who are being killed over there daily, then how about for the billions of our tax dollars being wasted over there? (When we have so many problems here at home we could be dealing with instead..) 

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 03:47:34 PM »

Watch this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcS0XVvv_LU

We are in a new vietnam 2.0 for the most part.  This administration knows they Can't Win, and they Can't Run. So it will take a president with balls to just admit we fucked up and pull out of the mess and save peoples lives.  We need to pull out today, not tomorrow, not next week, not next year.  TODAY. *NOTHING* will change other than more people will die if we stay..  Apologize to the world for our fuckup, and call it a day.

6 BILLION a week being spent of money we don't even have, for what?  The NeoCons and PNAC idiots need to put away their flacid cocks, and go back to their little talk shows and lobbying groups, their policies amount to a debacle.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 03:50:28 PM by Kobra » Logged

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:17:30 PM »

About time somebody with a brain realizes we should leave. Of course, as already stated, we should never have gone in there in the first place.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 07:19:01 PM »

guys come on youre missing the big picture.  sometimes when you depose one brutal bloodthirsty entity, you have to replace it with another brutal bloodthirsty entity.  its called progress.  and the us is progressively destabilizing that region of the world because frankly, after the cold war, things were just a little too cozy.  and if things are cozy, how can the military industrial complex justify skimming billions of dollars to create a bloated army, which they then make obsolete within a couple years by making new toys, with new billions?  now come on if thats not progress i dont know what is - you guys are just need to take a step back, youll feel much better about it all.  the technostructure needs to eat too you know.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 08:07:10 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 27, 2006, 05:17:30 PM

About time somebody with a brain realizes we should leave.
As opposed to people without brains realizing we should leave?   icon_neutral

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 08:14:02 PM »

I think the trick is that this time, when we prop up a sadistic military strongman to keep order and preserve U.S. interests, and commence condemning anyone who criticizes said strongmen as stinking unAmerican hippies, that we install some sort of "off" switch on the guy, so that when the inevitable comes and the guy turns against us, we don't have to spend the money to bomb the shit out of everything.  Maybe we could make the proping-up contingent on acceptance of some sort of explosive implant that we can trigger at will.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 08:52:34 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on November 27, 2006, 07:19:01 PM

guys come on youre missing the big picture.  sometimes when you depose one brutal bloodthirsty entity, you have to replace it with another brutal bloodthirsty entity.  its called progress.  and the us is progressively destabilizing that region of the world because frankly, after the cold war, things were just a little too cozy.  and if things are cozy, how can the military industrial complex justify skimming billions of dollars to create a bloated army, which they then make obsolete within a couple years by making new toys, with new billions?  now come on if thats not progress i dont know what is - you guys are just need to take a step back, youll feel much better about it all.  the technostructure needs to eat too you know.

Well the whole "War on terror" bears striking trademarks of a fabricated threat.  One of the first rules when fabricating threats is to create a war without an end, and by god, they've been telling us that "The war on terror might last forever" since day one.  They sure love to play up the fear though, those suburban soccer moms are running scared looking for turban covered suspicious looking guys, and keeping our streets safe.  Roll Eyes Where did I read it?  1000+ more people died in highway traffic accidents that were afraid to fly immediately after 9/11.

Like I said, the PNAC'ers can take their fabricated war, unending overblown thousand year struggle, and new pearl harbor and shove it up their azz.  Nobody believes their spew anymore, do they?

Marik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 09:59:15 PM »

And I remember when comparing Iraq to Vietnam got you shouted down as an idiot.  Happier times.   tear

And damn do I love Olberman.  It isn't just his stance, its the fact that he's one of the only commentators out there that will talk about American history.  So many of the talking heads won't go back five years because they're afraid they'll lose their audience.  Its great to see someone go back thirty or forty without worrying his audience will be stumped.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 11:56:24 PM »

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on November 27, 2006, 08:07:10 PM

Quote from: Destructor on November 27, 2006, 05:17:30 PM

About time somebody with a brain realizes we should leave.
As opposed to people without brains realizing we should leave?   icon_neutral

Good point.  icon_biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 12:37:21 AM »

Quote from: Marik on November 27, 2006, 09:59:15 PM

And damn do I love Olberman.  It isn't just his stance, its the fact that he's one of the only commentators out there that will talk about American history.  So many of the talking heads won't go back five years because they're afraid they'll lose their audience.  Its great to see someone go back thirty or forty without worrying his audience will be stumped.

Agree 100% there.. I have Olberman Tivo'd and have since I got Tivo.  He's been gaining ground on O'Really in ratings almost weekly, and some days, comes damn close to passing him.  Olberman is smart, witty, and not afraid to call a spade a spade and thrown down the hammer when it needs to be thrown down - in an intellectual way.   thumbsup

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 02:55:44 PM »

In related news, today was announced;

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/28/D8LM4RV00.html
President Bush says he will not pull American troops out of Iraq 'before our mission is complete'...

My worst fears are now reality, we've got the village idiot running the country.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 03:10:21 PM by Kobra » Logged

Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 03:44:31 PM »

I thought our mission was accomplished a few years ago.

Seriously though, someone has to do something to resolve the issue without hot potatoing it for fear of election fallout. Its going to suck for whoever finally decides to deal with the issue but it needs to be done.

LOCKHART: In strategic terms, Charlie's cut the country in half... the civilian press are about to wet their pants and we've heard even Cronkite's going to say the war is now unwinnable. In other words, it's a huge shit sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a bite.

JOKER: Sir ... does this mean that Ann-Margret's not coming?

Or just send in Animal Mother.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 04:48:27 PM by Creepy_Smell » Logged

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 04:38:07 PM »

Stephen Colbert's thoughts on the Democrats winning.

"Mmmmm, tastes like surrender!"

The man is a genius.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 04:41:32 PM »

We should just send in Rambo.

Look at that mullet!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 04:48:33 PM by Kobra » Logged

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 04:53:28 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on November 27, 2006, 08:52:34 PM

Well the whole "War on terror" bears striking trademarks of a fabricated threat.  One of the first rules when fabricating threats is to create a war without an end, and by god, they've been telling us that "The war on terror might last forever" since day one.  They sure love to play up the fear though, those suburban soccer moms are running scared looking for turban covered suspicious looking guys, and keeping our streets safe.  Roll Eyes Where did I read it?  1000+ more people died in highway traffic accidents that were afraid to fly immediately after 9/11.

Like I said, the PNAC'ers can take their fabricated war, unending overblown thousand year struggle, and new pearl harbor and shove it up their azz.  Nobody believes their spew anymore, do they?

Never ceases to amaze me...  I shiver to even think about how much less freedom my kids are going to have, than I had as a kid.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Gingrich+raises+alarm+at+event+honoring+those+who+stand+up+for+freedom+of+speech&articleId=d3f4ee4e-1e90-475a-b1b0-bbcd5baedd78

Newt Gingrich yesterday said the country will be forced to reexamine freedom of speech to meet the threat of terrorism.

Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 04:57:11 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on November 28, 2006, 04:38:07 PM

Stephen Colbert's thoughts on the Democrats winning.

"Mmmmm, tastes like surrender!"

The man is a genius.

I hope this guy was joking from the youtube comment and realized this is comedy and not a real newscaster:

TheAlmightyBobbu
"Oh good, another right-wing moron is no longer on American TV screens "

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: