http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 06:40:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked. Watch your xbox live accounts  (Read 588 times)
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »

So, Today I was hacked by someone. Thankfully I was online when they tried to change my ea, swtor and origin accounts. I got the you made a change emails and jumped on it quick and ea support was quick to fix the issue. Ea support told me that my info was changed from an xbox and sure enough when I logged onto my xbox it was hacked. Ea and xbox were the only 2 accounts I had the same email and password to and that would have been changed sooner if I used my xbox more. I completely forgot those were the same. I changed all my passwords and logins to separate info when the sony fiasco hit. I can only think that I was in the group that got their account info taken back earlier this year. Xbox support has frozen my xbox and are doing an investigation and thankfully I didnt have any credit cards tied to the account. I did lose about 1000 microsoft points but I can live with that. Just wanted to share for you all to keep an eye on your xbox live accounts especially if you dont play it much as apparently, though Im not 100% sure, that is where it originated.
Larraque
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:03:55 PM »

My account was hacked about a month ago (July 18th, to be exact...)

The hacker bought 75$ worth of xbox live points at about 6am. I called Microsoft within an hour of it happening, got the account reset back to my xbox, and the money restored from their purchase to my account. After getting off the phone and being told multiple times not to use the points, I monitored my account closely and maybe fifteen minutes later of my account being supposedly locked, the hacker purchased Call of Duty: Black Ops.  icon_mad

Thankfully, Microsoft was pretty good about it all. smile They had my account locked down for a couple days while they investigated, and then I was back up and running.

A little over a week later (July 28th), I got an e-mail from some random person named Wendy, who said they had purchased COD: Black Ops through ebay, and was given my e-mail address. Yup - the scammer tried to SELL my xbox live account on ebay.  saywhat I reported that transaction to microsoft and to ebay / paypal.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:11:32 PM »

in the nearly 7 years i have been an XBL member i have been hacked(to me knowledge)twice

first time from my account i apparently sent everyone on my friends list a false MW2 beta sign up that really took you to a false Xbox.com sign up screen and the second time was just a month or two ago when a friend from my friends list sent me a message over Kotaku saying 'OMG your account got hacked'...not sure how or why or if it really did,but i changed my log in details just in case

thankfully i haven't lost any money in the process,but that's probably because the cards on there are old now and can't be used

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »

I had a friend get hacked recently.  My hotmail was compromised awhile back as well.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »

Think it's time to change my PW on all my accounts AGAIN....

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 10:09:47 PM »

I just got off the phone with Microsoft.  I went and looked at my account and noticed I had more points than I should have.  I go and check history and it shows 1200 points added today in 6 200 point increments.  Odd.

I call them up and mention I may be compromised and want them to check.  I also inquire how 200 points can be added since I've never seen any way to purchase less than 400.  It seems I won points from something.  Would be nice if they let me know ahead of time...

He mentioned I was awarded 1200 points from Microsoft that are good for one year.  So yay I guess.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 12:42:22 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 11, 2011, 10:09:47 PM

I just got off the phone with Microsoft.  I went and looked at my account and noticed I had more points than I should have.  I go and check history and it shows 1200 points added today in 6 200 point increments.  Odd.

I call them up and mention I may be compromised and want them to check.  I also inquire how 200 points can be added since I've never seen any way to purchase less than 400.  It seems I won points from something.  Would be nice if they let me know ahead of time...

He mentioned I was awarded 1200 points from Microsoft that are good for one year.  So yay I guess.

Looks like you may not be alone with getting extra Xbox Rewards points, assuming that is why you got the extra points.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 02:25:14 AM »

Be warned though if you didn't win said points (from the comments, so take with a grain of salt):

I just talked to MS when I noticed that my account had jumped a little over 5000MS. The rep told me that the promo points have been escalated and the matter will be resolved within 72 hours. I ask what they were doing if I had already spent them. The reps answer was that MS is planning on handling the matter is five phases.

1- If the points weren’t spent then they are just going to remove them from the accounts that got them.
2- If the points were spent leaving a zero or negative balance of points and there is a credit card on file, then they are going to bill for the points used.
3- If there is no credit card on file, they plan on sending out an E-mail “demanding” payment.
4- If there is no credit card on file and the “demand” for payment goes unanswered then they “may” subtract months of gold membership that equal the amount of points used.
5- If there is still a negative balance then they plan on banning the console and the account until it is no longer negative. This one she said at least three times.

Make of it what you will.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 06:28:22 AM »

they took them away. frown
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 01:32:21 AM »

I had mine stolen so many times that I had to change my gamer tag.  icon_mad

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609