http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 12:29:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GT Werewolf - Game Over. Wolves Win!  (Read 1880 times)
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2013, 04:15:20 PM »

Is there enough interest in playing another one of these games? Depending on how many people sign up I would like 2 wolves to start with a possible 3rd via infection.

GAME RULES:

THE GOOD GUYS:

The Werewolf Hunter: The Werewolf Hunter can pick a player to protect every night against werewolf attacks. However, the hunter cannot protect the same player two nights in a row, but the hunter can protect him/herself. The protection does extend into the daytime, meaning the Hunter can protect a villager from a Kamikaze Werewolf attack. The protection is also effective against an infection. S/he also has an additional ability to instantly kill any player of his choosing. This ability can only be used once during the game and will out the hunter's identity to the village.

Seer: Seer can find the true role of any ALIVE player.

Undertaker: Same as the Seer, except for DEAD players.

Sorcerer: One-time power (instant) to resurrect any player. Using this power will out the Sorcerer to the village.

Villagers: Same as before.

THE BAD GUYS:

The Werewolves: Werewolves can PM each other. They pick one villager to eat per night. There are three kinds of werewolves;

a) The Alpha Werewolf) can at any time during the game, pick one villager to infect. This will convert the villager into a normal werewolf (no special abilities) and join the werewolves' team. The infection is effective against specials such as the Seer and the Undertaker, and the specials retain their powers after being infected. The infection is not effective against the Werewolf Hunter, however, nor against anyone the Werewolf Hunter is protecting. The Alpha Werewolf only has one chance at an infection - there are no second chances after a failed infection.

b) The Kamikaze Werewolf has the ability to pick any one villager to kill during his lynching. In other words, if he is voted to be hanged, he will take one villager with him - unless the villager is being protected by a Werewolf Hunter.

c) The normal Werewolf has no powers. This type results from an successful infection by the Alpha Werewolf.

Miscellaneous:

a) Villagers can NOT PM any other player regarding the game.

b) Werewolves CAN PM each other.

c) Players can NOT post confidential communication (this includes communication between a Special and the host; the wolves; or any player and the host). This includes copy and paste and screenshots. Players can post information given to them by the host in their own words, they just can't copy and paste, or post a screenshot.

d) Players can edit their posts during the game in progress, however if you edit your post, you MUST give an explanation of why/what you edited.

e) Dead players can NOT participate in the game - this includes providing information, encouragement, tips or otherwise. This has been an issue in the previous game, so I'm going to be more strict with this. Dead players are eligible to ONE post following his death. This one post follows the same rules as before - cannot influence the game, and so forth. Posts consisting of little more than an image is DISCOURAGED in the forums at large, so please avoid this.

f) Voting for lynching will close as soon as majority is reached.

g) Voting can only take place in the daytime. Any votes made during the night will not be counted.

h) For clarity, when you vote, bold the name of the player you're voting for. This alleviates confusion and makes it easier for me to count the votes.

i) You can retract and change your vote at any time up to the close of the vote.

j) The game will begin at DAYTIME.

k) There will be a TIME LIMIT for Specials to send in their PMs. The time limit will be 24 hours after the posting of the lynching (NOT after the voting closes) on weekdays, and 48 hours if any of the 24 hours falls on Saturday or Sunday. There is NO time limit for the lynching vote.

l) Specials CAN pre-emptively send in their actions during the daytime for the following night. Specials are allowed to change pre-emptive actions unless it has already been resolved.

m) Turn order during the night:

Seer and Undertaker scans;
Hunter protects;
Werewolves attack.

ROSTER:
1) Purge
2) Soulchilde
3) ravenvii
4) stessier
5) envy24
6) msteelers
7) Qantaga
8 ) JayDee
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:56:34 PM by Moliere » Logged

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »

IN, dammit.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:07:18 PM »

In

[accuse]Purge[/accuse]  <----- Purge get this code to work pronto  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:11:26 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 05:08:56 PM »

Didn't we kill you recently? icon_twisted

Werewolf

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:41 PM »

In.
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »

If you are desperate for one more player and don't mind someone who can't post from work, I'll be in.  I make a good first night snack if nothing else.  biggrin
envy24

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 07:49:27 AM »

In!
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 03:50:24 PM »

It's been a long time since I've played one of these.

IN!

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 04:39:46 PM »

The GT village rises.

In!

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 04:51:44 PM »

1 or 2 more people should be enough to start the game. How is there a thread on this forum without a response from Ceekay? Sign up!

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 02:09:27 PM »

bump

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 07:40:13 PM »

I'll be in after monday - but I'm heading out of town in a few minutes.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »

With the Steam Summer sale over a group of friends are trying to decide what to do. Their first mistake is to take a poll. Nothing good ever came from a poll. A trip through the haunted woods receives the most votes. Their second mistake is following through on the woods idea instead of going to the local In & Out Burger. Some people are funny that way. And so our story begins. Seven people, whose lives are about to change, enter the woods. 

It is now daytime. Who will be the first accused of lycanthropy?

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 05:45:17 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on July 22, 2013, 03:35:23 PM

With the Steam Summer sale over

Wait. What? The Steam sale is over? I had a work trip last week and vacation this week, so I completely spaced on the sale.  crybaby

As for the game, checking in.

~Switchfoot
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 08:24:06 PM »

Soulchilde is a ravens fan, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »

There's only two non-specials in this game.

ninja
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 09:58:18 PM »

Quote from: ravenvii on July 22, 2013, 09:41:52 PM

There's only two non-specials in this game.

ninja

That reminds me, I eliminated the Alpha wolf infection. It didn't seem fair given the villager to wolf ratio. Two wolves (with 1 Kamikaze) and five villagers (4 of whom have special powers). A majority vote of 4 determines who is hanged.

stessier

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 10:01:36 PM »

Present and reading...
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 10:33:04 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on July 22, 2013, 08:24:06 PM

Soulchilde is a ravens fan, right?

steelers SUCK

NiM$
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 10:39:47 PM »

I have received a couple messages about the roles. One person says the villagers are doomed and another person sent me a message saying the villagers can't lose.  icon_confused Given the low number of players what is the best balance for 7 players?

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 10:49:25 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on July 22, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

I have received a couple messages about the roles. One person says the villagers are doomed and another person sent me a message saying the villagers can't lose.  icon_confused Given the low number of players what is the best balance for 7 players?

play the game out.  it will go quick

NiM$
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 11:06:32 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 22, 2013, 10:49:25 PM

I have received a couple messages about the roles. One person says the villagers are doomed and another person sent me a message saying the villagers can't lose.  icon_confused Given the low number of players what is the best balance for 7 players?

play the game out.  it will go quick

There are 2 wolves and 4 known.  All the specials have to do is come out and the wolves won't have enough room to hide.  True, it will be quick, but not fun.

At nine players, 2 wolves and 1 Seer is typical.  This leaves 6 Villagers for the wolves to hide in.  The same should do okay for 7 - just takes 1 miss away from the Village - like starting on Day 2 rather than Day 1.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 03:15:22 AM »

Quote from: stessier on July 22, 2013, 11:06:32 PM

All the specials have to do is come out and the wolves won't have enough room to hide.  True, it will be quick, but not fun.

At nine players, 2 wolves and 1 Seer is typical.  This leaves 6 Villagers for the wolves to hide in.  The same should do okay for 7 - just takes 1 miss away from the Village - like starting on Day 2 rather than Day 1.

What keeps the wolves from coming out and pretending they are special villagers?

Any way I configure this game there will be a Day 1 death making it 4-2. A night killing makes it 3-2. This can change if there is a Hunter. The other option is to have 1 Alpha wolf to start who can infect after the first night. That would make it 5-1 after the Day 1 lynching and 4-1 after the night kill. An infection makes it 3-2, again. A Hunter can skew this result the same way if he successfully prevents the infection.

stessier

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 08:54:02 AM »

Scenario 1 - 4 Special come out, none contested, leaving 3 "Villagers"

The 4 Specials have the requisite votes to just lynch all the Villagers one at a time.  The wolves can't do anything to stop it and the Village will win on the last day.

Scenario 2 - 4 Specials come out and 1 is contested, leaving 2 Villagers.

Start by lynching Villagers.  Seer scans to find out contested role.  If Wolves kill Seer, Sorcerer resurrects.  If Wolves kill Sorcerer, Seer has scan to not miss on contested Special.  Village wins on the last day (at worst).

Scenario 3 - 4 Special come out and 2 are contested, leaving 1 Villager.

Villager is now "confirmed" and moves into the voting block.  Seer/Sorcerer dance works as above.  Village wins on the last day (at worst).
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »

I have received a couple messages about the roles. One person says the villagers are doomed and another person sent me a message saying the villagers can't lose.  icon_confused Given the low number of players what is the best balance for 7 players?

There are 2 wolves and 4 known.  All the specials have to do is come out and the wolves won't have enough room to hide.  True, it will be quick, but not fun.

point well made, but I think my position about mass outing is well known

NiM$
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on July 23, 2013, 03:15:22 AM

Any way I configure this game there will be a Day 1 death making it 4-2. A night killing makes it 3-2. This can change if there is a Hunter. The other option is to have 1 Alpha wolf to start who can infect after the first night. That would make it 5-1 after the Day 1 lynching and 4-1 after the night kill. An infection makes it 3-2, again. A Hunter can skew this result the same way if he successfully prevents the infection.
The problem is that you can't have cool roles in a small game.  Anything more than one Special for the Village makes the Village win. Any type of conversion for the wolves guarantees the wolves win.  There is not enough ambiguity to allow for anything more interesting. 
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »

Woah, no idea how I missed this thread. Sorry guys, I would have been in and helped boost your numbers if I wasn't a blind idiot.

I'll be watching with interest though.  Bring your own!
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on July 23, 2013, 01:44:31 PM

Woah, no idea how I missed this thread. Sorry guys, I would have been in and helped boost your numbers if I wasn't a blind idiot.

I'll be watching with interest though.  Bring your own!

Since the game hasn't really started I can add you, eliminate the Undertaker and Sorcerer, and randomize the roles again. PM's on the way.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 02:19:54 PM »

See the modified rules (no Alpha wolf, Undertaker, or Sorcerer).

With 8 players what constitutes a majority vote?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 02:21:03 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on July 22, 2013, 03:35:23 PM

With the Steam Summer sale over a group of friends are trying to decide what to do. Their first mistake is to take a poll. Nothing good ever came from a poll. A trip through the haunted woods receives the most votes. Their second mistake is following through on the woods idea instead of going to the local In & Out Burger. Some people are funny that way. And so our story begins. Seven people, whose lives are about to change, enter the woods. 

It is now daytime. Who will be the first accused of lycanthropy?

why would the thing to do when the Steam Summer sale ends not be to play the games you just paid money for?  Do people just buy a bunch of games every year during the sale then move on and never play them?  ninja
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 02:51:36 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on July 23, 2013, 02:19:54 PM

See the modified rules (no Alpha wolf, Undertaker, or Sorcerer).

With 8 players what constitutes a majority vote?

5 votes.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 23, 2013, 02:21:03 PM

why would the thing to do when the Steam Summer sale ends not be to play the games you just paid money for?  Do people just buy a bunch of games every year during the sale then move on and never play them?  ninja

It's a game called "CeeKay". The winner is determined by the size of their backlog of unplayed games.

envy24

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 05:53:40 PM »

Checking in sorry it took so long. Had a guy quit at work and had to pick up the slack. Hooray for 7 12s a week!
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 06:12:48 PM »

Oh, I get to play! Checking in....
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 06:35:50 PM »

Checking in.

~Switchfoot
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 07:00:38 PM »

You sound ... hungry Werewolf

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »

ninja

NiM$
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 07:20:22 PM »

Check check. 1,2,3 check.

So we can all agree the ravens are the worst, right?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 10:33:22 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on July 23, 2013, 07:20:22 PM

Check check. 1,2,3 check.

So we can all agree the ravens are the worst, right?

What does that even mean, coming from a dude named Ms. Teelers?

stessier

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 23, 2013, 08:56:27 AM

point well made, but I think my position about mass outing is well known
I missed this earlier - In a game that lasts 2 days/votes, is it really a mass outing? smile
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: