http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 08:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Graduation!  (Read 1033 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« on: May 03, 2008, 12:11:40 PM »

In two hours I will officially be graduated from college!  Even better I’m graduating with honors!  Four years have gone by far too fast but on the bright side I had a very promising interview  Wednesday so hopefully I will even have a job lined up in the very near future. 

*puts on his harry potter robe and walks off into the future*
KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 12:18:45 PM »

Hurray!  Where do you go to school and what is your major?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 12:30:40 PM »

Congrats!   thumbsup

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:48:17 PM »

Huzzah!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 03:52:30 PM »

Congrats!!
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 04:13:35 PM »

Excellent and congrats!
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 05:46:40 PM »

Congrats!!!  I too graduate this year....just have to make it through finals next week.  I also Graduate with honors....and yes four years has gone by way too fast.  I guess that is why a 4 year degree now takes 5 years to complete so it is an accomplishment to finish in 4 years!!

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 07:08:35 PM »

Congrats!  I will graduate this year as well, exactly when depends on a couple of classes.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 08:57:31 PM »

And then you lucky folks get to enter the world or work, work, work, where you barely make enough money to cover the bills, your job sucks, and then inflation hits like mad and sucks away anything you thought was extra.

Woo hoo... lots to look forward to after college.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
depward

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 09:37:52 PM »

Yep, the real world sucks.  You'll look back at your college years and remember them as some of the best of your life.

Congrats!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »

Quote from: depward on May 03, 2008, 09:37:52 PM

Yep, the real world sucks.  You'll look back at your college years and remember them as some of the best of your life.
Congrats!

I remember this commercial where a mother is telling her daughter that her college years are the best years of her life. I don't think they meant it to mean "after college sucks", but how else would you take it?

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 12:53:05 AM »

Quote from: PaulBot on May 03, 2008, 08:57:31 PM

And then you lucky folks get to enter the world or work, work, work, where you barely make enough money to cover the bills, your job sucks, and then inflation hits like mad and sucks away anything you thought was extra.

Woo hoo... lots to look forward to after college.

Why do you think I went back to school in the first place?   icon_lol

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 04:31:08 AM »

It was a long day, mostly sad to think I won’t see many of these people after today and the ones I do will never be seen as a group again.  I had a rather small select group of friends so thinking about losing them is not a pleasant thought.

I was part of the Multimedia and Graphic Design program at Champlain College in Burlington Vermont. 

Congrats!

Maybe maybe not.  I’ve been working three jobs to pay for college since freshman year; my family couldn’t afford to help me at all so I have footed the bill from day one(I’m the first in my family to go to college, most family members didn’t graduate high school).  Hasn’t left much time for fun so the thought of having only one job and no schoolwork sounds great.

But thanks for all the congratulations!

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 06:39:53 AM »

HAHAHA I guess I am a fortunate one.....I have an official job offer coming next week.  Atleast that is what I was told....so we will see how that pans out.....

Hemlock Bones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 02:51:46 PM »

This weekend (May 11) my eldest daughter will graduate from William & Mary with a degree in Foriegn Relations, Minor in Russian.  So, early Friday morning the family will pile into our rented vehicle for the drive from Arkansas to Virginia.  Should be a lot of fun.  eek

Congratulations to all graduating Seniors. *toss hat into air*
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 03:13:48 PM »

Quote from: Hemlock Bones on May 05, 2008, 02:51:46 PM

This weekend (May 11) my eldest daughter will graduate from William & Mary with a degree in Foriegn Relations, Minor in Russian.  So, early Friday morning the family will pile into our rented vehicle for the drive from Arkansas to Virginia.  Should be a lot of fun.  eek

Congratulations to all graduating Seniors. *toss hat into air*

Congrats HB and everyone who's mentioned their grad since the 1st post. I just went through a similar journey for my nephew's grad, although I was fortunate enough to be able to fly part of the way. My advice to you HB; make sure you remember the kleenex.  slywink
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 03:26:43 PM »

Congrats!

I wouldn't say the real world sucks, it's just different.  There are things about college that are tough to beat - the freedom, new experiences, having so many friends in close proximity, etc.  At this point, though, 12 years out of college and married with kids, some parts of life are much better than they were in college.  I have far more money, spend less time working every week, have more free time to pursue hobbies and travel, and I get laid a lot more. 

XBox Live:  JNacht
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 04:50:04 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on May 05, 2008, 03:26:43 PM

Congrats!

I wouldn't say the real world sucks, it's just different.  There are things about college that are tough to beat - the freedom, new experiences, having so many friends in close proximity, etc.  At this point, though, 12 years out of college and married with kids, some parts of life are much better than they were in college.  I have far more money, spend less time working every week, have more free time to pursue hobbies and travel, and I get laid a lot more. 

Yeah I think it is going to suck not having my friends around.  I am looking forward to moving on but it just sucks leaving a good group of people.  Technology makes it easier to stay in touch though so that is good.  Money will be nice.....screw the min wage college jobs working till all hours of the morning and still not having enough to get by!

Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 04:55:35 PM »

Just finished my last undergrad final this morning.  I graduate on May 17th, then I'll be spending the summer preparing for Law School.  Three more years of classes although the first four went by fairly quickly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: