http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 10:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got myself a new Nexus 10!  (Read 300 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2013, 12:28:02 AM »

Oddly enough I wasn't planning on getting a new Nexus 10. We were at a Staples and I was just checking out tablets on the possibility of getting one later on. I wanted to get something to bring along on vacations that would have more screen than my iTouch and not be as clunky as my Gateway 14-inch laptop. My wife came along and was watching me play with a Nexus 7 when she noticed the Nexus 10 near it. She liked the bigger screen and one thing lead to another and suddenly I was buying the Nexus 10.

So I've been playing with it a couple of hours. Some things I like, some things I don't (where's my Goodreader for Android?) but I do like the speed and the screen size.

So, if anyone has a question please post, or has suggestions for good apps please post as well.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:26:25 AM »

Ticket to Ride
Tigris and the Euphrates
Fairway Solitaire
Netflix
Ubermusic (gui like MS Zune)
MX Player Pro - best video player I have come across
Carcassonne
Catan
Moon+ Reader
Google Sky Map
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 02:22:59 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

Overall I'm fairly happy with my purchase. I seem to have a hard time finding Android apps to match what I have on my iTouch, but I'm getting by.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 03:03:44 AM »

Do you know if it has a proper headset jack? The Nexus 7 doesn't have one, so I can't use my headphones with inline remote to pause music.

To be honest, I wished I'd gotten a 10 instead, and then just paid to get a Nexus 4 as my phone. I don't really need an inbetween device since it's too large to casually carry around in a pocket, too small to really do any tasks with like browsing non-mobile sites.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 03:24:53 AM »

The Nexus 10 does indeed have a proper headset jack; just to be sure I plugged in my Apple ear buds and checked it out.

I agree with the comment about the Nexus 7 being sort of a half-way device. For those with younger eyes and more patience it might be ok, but as I noted above, my wife was really sold on the clarity of the display and the speed of the processor. But I'll keep my iTouch in my pocket for when we don't bring the Nexus 10 with us. By the way, my comments might make more sense if I point out that we don't have smart phones in my family slywink; actually we don't even have our old clunker phones turned on except when we need them. So I've gotten used to working with WiFi devices.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 04:17:34 AM »

I don't use too many non-game apps other than Plume for Twitter, Flixster, Netflix, YouTube, Steam, and all of the Google ones.

Since you like racing games, you might want to check out the ones from Vector Unit and Reckless Racing

I also highly recommend Rayman Jungle Run.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:19:21 AM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 05:06:46 AM »

I've installed "The Sims FreePlay". Looks very nice on the N10.

Right now I'm downloading "X-Plane 9". Will give it a look.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: