http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 06:17:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got hosed by Amazon.com twice in a week  (Read 2181 times)
Graham
Managing Editor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 12, 2010, 04:15:44 AM »

My wife loves to order stuff from Amazon.  If we need to get something, she loves to get it on there.  This past week she ordered some books for work for someone who was heading out of town two days later.  She ordered with next day shipping, but it didn't get there in time for the person who needed the books.  Then Thursday we ordered a laptop bag for me with next day shipping so I could get it today.  I waited home all day and never got it.  It was shipped through some weird company named Ensenda and not USPS or UPS.  I called Amazon and Ensenda claimed they never got it.  They are refunding the money and giving us a $10 gift card.  Big deal.

Seriously, has Amazon gone down the tube to have two issues like this in a week?  I'd love to give Jeff Bezos a piece of my mind because now I have to go out tomorrow and shop for a laptop bag before E3.  What a load of crap.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 04:24:00 AM »

I've never had a problem with Amazon at all.  Occasionally FedEx or UPS will cock something up, but Amazon has always shipped when they say they will.  I probably make 50+ orders through Amazon a year and never once have they let me down.

Now that being said, some things you buy through them are actually from other vendors as is noted when you order the item.  If that's the case, all bets are off.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 04:33:49 AM »

Quote from: gellar on June 12, 2010, 04:24:00 AM

I've never had a problem with Amazon at all.  Occasionally FedEx or UPS will cock something up, but Amazon has always shipped when they say they will.  I probably make 50+ orders through Amazon a year and never once have they let me down.

Now that being said, some things you buy through them are actually from other vendors as is noted when you order the item.  If that's the case, all bets are off.

All items were from Amazon, no other vendors.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 04:52:37 AM »

We order something from Amazon like once a week and have never had a single issue.  We once even had a cat jump on a brand new laptop and break off some keys from the keyboard and they replaced it for free with no problems.  If I have a choice between Amazon and any other store, for anything, I choose Amazon.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 05:27:10 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 12, 2010, 04:52:37 AM

We order something from Amazon like once a week and have never had a single issue.  We once even had a cat jump on a brand new laptop and break off some keys from the keyboard and they replaced it for free with no problems.  If I have a choice between Amazon and any other store, for anything, I choose Amazon.
Ditto here. Have a subscription to Amazon Prime and we use them all the time with no issues and with some great customer service for some things that we ordered but needed to return.
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »

Quote from: DarkEL on June 12, 2010, 05:27:10 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on June 12, 2010, 04:52:37 AM

Ditto here. Have a subscription to Amazon Prime and we use them all the time with no issues and with some great customer service for some things that we ordered but needed to return.

Same for us.  Amazon is great.  But when you ship 20 trillion orders a day there are bound to be at least a few errors.
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »

Must just be having some bad luck Graham. I've also never had a single problem, have had a Prime membership for a while, etc. and always check Amazon for anything I'm after first (and 90% of the time would go with them for price alone).

In fact when I was living in New Zealand and ordering from Amazon US regularly I received a universal remote (about $100) that was DOA. I wrote to them before I went to bed that night and by the time I woke up they'd already shipped a replacement out and told me not to bother with the usual sending-the-broken-one-back because of the distance.
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 11:27:38 AM »

Seems like they made good on the deal and even gave you a $10 credit. Shit happens sometimes and they did beyond what they should have by giving you the gift card.

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 11:41:10 AM »

I love amazon.  I purchased a live album and one of the songs was actually the studio verison.  I emailed them and within a couple hours they refunded the whole cost of the album...I just wanted the correct version of the one song.  Also, they sent someone to my house to hug me.  It was nice.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »

Another happy Prime here.  Heck most of the time my free two day shipping orders arrive in one day.  I don't think I've ever had a problem with Amazon's end of an order. On very rare occasions UPS has screwed up and Amazon has always made good even when it's UPS's problem. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 02:12:42 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 12, 2010, 12:41:30 PM

Another happy Prime here.  Heck most of the time my free two day shipping orders arrive in one day.  I don't think I've ever had a problem with Amazon's end of an order.

same here.  ordered a bunch of blu rays around 3:30am Thursday had them delivered by 11am on Friday with the free Prime shipping.  about the only issue I think I've had with an order was something that could only have happened at the factory: my Band of Brothers blu ray set had 2 of disc 2 and was missing disc 1 because of it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »

I've never had a problem with Amazon shipping; usually I get the items long before I expected them. I also love Amazon's digital music downloads. Not only do they have great deals (Itunes can suck it), but their customer service is great. A couple of months back I ordered a digital version 200 Tchaikovsky pieces. A few days later I received an email stating that 1 piece out of the 200 wasn't actually Tchaikovsky and so they refunded my money.  thumbsup
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »

If you buy 2-day shipping on Thurs. you won't get it until Mon. because UPS doesn't deliver on Sats.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on June 12, 2010, 04:40:22 PM

If you buy 2-day shipping on Thurs. you won't get it until Mon. because UPS doesn't deliver on Sats.

If you are willing to a pay a bit extra, Amazon does offer Saturday delivery options for a lot of items. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 12, 2010, 04:42:23 PM

If you are willing to a pay a bit extra, Amazon does offer Saturday delivery options for a lot of items. 

I've actually had them deliver via Fed Ex on a Saturday, and it only cost the the $3.99 Prime upgrade.  since they don't do this for every item, I think it might depend on where it ships from.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 06:41:18 PM »

Ive used Amazon quite a bit and have never had a past due delivery.  Sounds like you just got really unlucky.  Still Amazon made good on the laptop bag issue and of course its not their fault that you waited til the last minute to order, thus putting your need on a deadline. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 07:44:08 PM »

amazon will refund you on next day shipping if it doesn't get there. press this issue.

as for the laptop, good luck. that sucks.

my prime ran out, but once I get the cash i'm subbing right back up. next day delivery on games was a steal. I probably saved hundreds of dollars ordering from amazon between "free" shipping and deals.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 12, 2010, 04:42:23 PM

I don't have much experience ordering from Amazon. I was speaking more generally, as a shipper. Customers get cranky sometimes when they pay the big bucks for expedited shipping and don't get their package any quicker than good old Priority Mail would've reached them. That's common for orders placed on Thursdays and Fridays.

The carriers do guarantee their premium shipping services so merchants can sometimes recover from them when a package is delivered late. If you ever read UPS's service guarantees, though, you'll see that they give themselves so many exceptions that the guarantee isn't worth much. Half the time I try to collect they deny it on a fine print technicality, and I'm stuck with the expense (I always refund shipping when customers don't get what they paid for).

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 02:36:24 AM »

The laptop backpack did come on Saturday.  I heard the doorbell ring and it was there.  I looked and there was a woman running to her car, no kind of markings on it at all.  I am glad that I got it because otherwise I would have gotten something I wouldn't have liked as much.  Who knows if I would have gotten it on Saturday if I hadn't complained.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 03:03:39 AM »

I stopped giving Newegg $3 for hurry up ordering because it never helped either. smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 03:06:51 AM »

Quote from: Graham on June 14, 2010, 02:36:24 AM

The laptop backpack did come on Saturday.  I heard the doorbell ring and it was there.  I looked and there was a woman running to her car, no kind of markings on it at all.  I am glad that I got it because otherwise I would have gotten something I wouldn't have liked as much.  Who knows if I would have gotten it on Saturday if I hadn't complained.

you sure it's not a trap?

Because I can,
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 06:47:43 AM »

I just ordered a Flip camcorder on Thursday and they it came on Saturday via my usual 2-day shipping for Prime. Also about a month ago we ordered an iPod touch late on a Thursday, paid the $3.99 so it would come on Saturday and it actually showed up Friday.  Amazon has been great for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: