http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 07:32:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Super Bowl Commercials  (Read 2950 times)
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2005, 12:50:12 AM »

The Mustang one at the beginning.
Most of the Pepsi/Diet Pepsi ones.  They spent a LOT for this one.
The Fed Ex one.
The Degree one.  That was wickedly funny.
The Lays one....although I think MC Hammer is a sell out now...well, more than he ever was.

The movie trailers:  Hitch, Constantine, Be Cool and The Longest Yard.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 12:53:32 AM »

The first Bud Light commercial (with the jumpers) was great.  The second rather sucked.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 12:59:17 AM »

Good trailer for Batman Begins....strange commercial for SileStone with Jim McMahon, Mike Ditka, William Perry and Dennis Rodman.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 01:20:15 AM »

So far I think the sky diving bud light one is the best.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 01:21:54 AM »

Quote from: "leo8877"
So far I think the sky diving bud light one is the best.

That was QUITE funny!

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 01:28:37 AM »

Yep agreed - the skydiver one WAS pretty funny.  The Fedex one was also a good one as well.  Burt Reynolds was the perfect casting choice for that   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 02:09:23 AM »

The Ameriquest ones are good, too. smile
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 02:14:08 AM »

The Verizon one there was nice, too smile
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 03:11:32 AM »

Batman!
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/batmanbegins/super_tvspot/super_tvspot_hi/super_tvspot_a.mov

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 03:28:26 AM »

Personally I thought the comercials overall were lackluster this year.  I did appreciate the thank you to the troops commercial.  As far as funny the best I thought were the Ameriquest ones.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 03:34:14 AM »

My favorite commercials

1. The Budlight skydiving one
2. Fed-ex / Kinkos 10 keys to a succesful super bowl commercials
3. The one with the guy holding the knife and the cat (ameriquest?)
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 04:57:22 AM »

Tabasco
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 05:01:42 AM »

I am going with the guy and the cat, I thought it was the best one.  Runner up the diet pepsi one with P-Diddy.
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 05:08:16 AM »

I was really disappointed.  There were a few good ones, but most were not even smile on the inside funny and even less had much originality.

Who reads these anyway?
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 05:42:42 AM »

Monkeys! Monkeys! Monkeys!

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 06:23:00 AM »

"you're getting robbed"

i thought the napster ones were pretty good, if for nothing else than to educate people that there is an alternative to itunes...and it's a VERY good alternative.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 09:54:44 AM »

Quote from: "jessie"
i thought the napster ones were pretty good, if for nothing else than to educate people that there is an alternative to itunes...and it's a VERY good alternative.
Ehh - they were okay but it was so obviously tuned to the stupidity of the average american.

$10,000 to fill up an Ipod?? Yeah if I all I did was purchase songs from itunes for .99 cents each.  But.... uhh.... who's gonna do that? Most people who are going to purchase an Ipod also already have a nice CD collection that they can simply upload to their Ipod for free.  

(never mind the huge collection of stolen mp3's that the masses now have just sitting on their hard drives thanks to the "original Napster service" )

I'm sure Napster has a good service. I just didn't care for the way they "framed" their sales pitch. I just think subscription based models are great for businesses, bad for consumers.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 12:55:03 PM »

I second Tabasco!  Holy Hell she was nice.

She looked REALLY good in that "outfit" she had on.

----

Second favorite was the one where the soldiers were walking through the airport, and everyone cheered them.  That was fantastic!

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Haplo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 01:51:49 PM »

I thought the godaddy.com commercial was hilarious.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 06:00:18 PM »

Quote from: "DarkEL"
1. The Budlight skydiving one
2. Fed-ex / Kinkos 10 keys to a succesful super bowl commercials
3. The one with the guy holding the knife and the cat (ameriquest?)

I agree.  

I also thought that the War of the Worlds Teaser and the Batman Begins one were good.  Personally, the WotW looked great, first time I have seen any footage or photos and was impressed.
El Guapo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2005, 06:05:41 PM »

Quote from: "Scoop20906"
Monkeys! Monkeys! Monkeys!

I DESPERATELY want one of the monkey posters they had in the background in those adds (with a monkey in a hard hat standing in front of a skyscraper)
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2005, 06:13:58 PM »

Ok second set of favs, I liked godaddy.com and tabasco for obvious reasons.  I liked the convertable mustang one, although they did play it a lot.  I also like the bud light one with the spanish bird talking smack at the bar.  That was funny IMO.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2005, 07:22:09 PM »

Quote from: "DarkEL"
Quote from: "jessie"
Ehh - they were okay but it was so obviously tuned to the stupidity of the average american.

$10,000 to fill up an Ipod?? Yeah if I all I did was purchase songs from itunes for .99 cents each.  But.... uhh.... who's gonna do that? Most people who are going to purchase an Ipod also already have a nice CD collection that they can simply upload to their Ipod for free.

You'd be surprised... iTunes Music Store has been a *huge* success for Apple so far... over 250 million songs as of January 25 - so *someone* is buying those tracks.  If you buy more than 15 songs a month (which really isn't that many), Napster definitely is a good deal in comparison - depending on what their DRM restrictions are. (I honestly don't know).  

I like the fact that with a subscription service, you don't have to weigh each song purchase.... "Should I buy this song?  Will I really listen to it?" - you just download anything and everything that strikes your fancy without worrying about it too much.  But I don't use any music download service with any frequency - I'd much rather have the physical CD in my hands.

---

As for the other commercials - Monkeys, great.  Tobasco got a "WTF?" from me and everyone else at my place.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2005, 07:36:41 PM »

Quote from: "ElijahPrice"
I also thought that the War of the Worlds Teaser and the Batman Begins one were good.  Personally, the WotW looked great, first time I have seen any footage or photos and was impressed.

Yeah I liked the WotW trailer too but was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see any of the aliens or what was causing the destruction in the commerical. But then again - maybe that's part of their marketing strategy - keep us completely in the dark as to what to expect from the Aliens in the movie. If so, it's working cuz my curiousity about them is driving me crazy.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2005, 07:43:50 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"
You'd be surprised... iTunes Music Store has been a *huge* success for Apple so far... over 250 million songs as of January 25 - so *someone* is buying those tracks.  If you buy more than 15 songs a month (which really isn't that many), Napster definitely is a good deal in comparison - depending on what their DRM restrictions are. (I honestly don't know).  

I like the fact that with a subscription service, you don't have to weigh each song purchase.... "Should I buy this song?  Will I really listen to it?" - you just download anything and everything that strikes your fancy without worrying about it too much.  But I don't use any music download service with any frequency - I'd much rather have the physical CD in my hands.
Yeah i've got an Ipod and I love the music service too. I was just saying that nobody is going to buy an Ipod and then put nothing on it but songs from the Itunes service.

(however the fact that i can buy a full albumn for only $9.99 on itunes and then burn it to CD in addition to putting it on my Ipod is a pretty damn good deal I must admit).

From my understanding of the Napster service. You pay the monthly fee but have no rights to the songs. i.e. you can listen to them on your computer or on your Mp3 player but that's it. You never own the songs so you can't copy them or burn them to a permanent storage medium. As soon as you cancel your monthly subscription you lose all the songs that you had as well. So basically you're just renting the ability to listen to those songs.  

Anyone with more experience with the new napster service - please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these points.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2005, 08:08:42 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"

I did a little searching on Napster.  It seems they use the secure WMA DRM.  Here is a list of Napster to Go Compatible Devices.

Now, the thing is the top ones (iRiver H10 to Samsung YH-999 Portable Media Center) work with Napster to Go...the huge list at the bottom only works with Napster and Napster Light, which has the 99 cent per song thing just like iTunes.

Now let's get down to player prices for Napster to go (for reference lowest non-mini iPod is selling for $299.99 (10GB - 5,000 songs...the one Napster is going after in the ad costs $399.99 for 20GB - 10,000 songs):

iRiver H10 ($279.99, 5GB)

Creative Zen Micro ($249.99, 5GB)

Dell Pocket DJ ($199.99, 5GB...does not have Napster to Go as of yet, needs firmware update)

iRiver H320 ($329.99, 20GB)

Gateway MP3 Photo Jukebox ($249.99, 4GB)

Those are just a few.  Obviously the iRiver H320 and Dell Pocket DJ are the best bets when put against the iPod 10GB, however both need firmware updates not yet available.  If you put these up against the iPod mini (5GB, $249.99) almost all of these players destroy it in cost comparison, yet somehow the minis are hot sellers (I've never understood it myself...for $50 more you can have 5GB more).

I'm not big into Apple, but I have certainly enjoyed my iPod and it has singlehandedly kept Apple in business.  Much like Blockbuster (going online to take on Napster), I think everyone going against iTunes and the iPod are way too late to the party.

Also, not every month are you going to find 15 songs to cover the monthly payment to Napster.  Granted, you may find 15 songs every month, but I don't think I would.  This is where the 99 cent plan is better than the $15 a month.  That's just me though, everyone's mileage will vary.

There are also many people out there that don't have an iPod, but use iTunes to create CDs and listen to it on their computers.  When you start talking about song format and DRM (WMA, AAC, MP3, etc.) you lose a majority of the people out there since they don't understand the technical side of things.  They just want to burn songs or listen to them on their iPod or their MP3 player via Musicmatch/Napster/etc.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2005, 08:16:46 PM »

Eldon, read the bottom of this page.  It looks like you can burn the tracks you download onto CD and put them in iTunes or play them on a CD player.  It is also said on this page where they say many iPod users download from Napster, burn the CD and move it into iTunes.

I personally think it would be stupid if an online music service didn't allow you to burn CDs...heh.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2005, 08:58:31 PM »

Dunno who that Godaddy.com chick is, but she was smokin hot in that commercial.  The extended one on their website is even better.

DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2005, 09:12:44 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Eldon, read the bottom of this page.  It looks like you can burn the tracks you download onto CD and put them in iTunes or play them on a CD player.  It is also said on this page where they say many iPod users download from Napster, burn the CD and move it into iTunes.

I personally think it would be stupid if an online music service didn't allow you to burn CDs...heh.
Yeah - unfortunately firewall settings from work prevent me from hitting those pages -but I would guess that those pages are talking about songs that you actually purchased (i.e. for the 99cents a song) not the ones from the $15 monthly subscription which gives you access to the full length versions of their entire library.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2005, 09:14:30 PM »

She is a WWE Diva.  Name is Candice Michelle.

WWE Profile Page

Home Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: