http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 06:53:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good luck tomorrow, Pete  (Read 2327 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on July 14, 2012, 04:41:34 PM

And how are the wife and dogs handling Cranky Pete?

The dogs have just been sleeping around my den of misery, tentatively approaching me, not because I'm cranky but because they can tell I'm moving around gingerly, and Jaime just asks me if its time for a pill whenever I'm short or just don't want to talk.  

I haven't been talking much due to the discomfort in my throat so I haven't really been vocalizing my crankiness.  I just suck down Otter Pops and moan whenever I have to move.  And I'm at least able to shower, making Cranky Pete a far better alternative to Stinky Pete:

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »

It's been brought to my attention that I've been a little solitary in my recovery as of late.  In part due to a disappointing post-op appointment, and in part due to feeling a bit solitary with the wife traveling, no ability to leave the house other than to go for walks around the neighborhood (still not cleared to drive), and friends busy with work and personal responsibilities.

To be clear, my post-op appointment was fine in terms of my ongoing recovery.  My surgeon made it a point to let me know that my recovery has been ridiculously fast due in no small part to my level of fitness and strength going into the surgery, but my impatience makes me want to recover even faster.  But, despite my body recovering pretty quickly, the trauma in my throat and spine still needs time to heal.  I went in to my post-op hoping to get clearance to drive, to start to incorporate more strength training back into my recovery (body weight stuff like push-ups, pull-ups, bodyweight squats, etc), but I'm still not cleared to drive, and I can't do any more than continue with daily walks around the neighborhood.  disgust  He did have a point though when he said it's only been three weeks since surgery. 

I also have started to suffer from numbness and tingling in my shoulder, bicep, anterior forearm, and hand, all associated with the disc above the one I had replaced.  Right now we're waiting to see if the symptoms persist.  The C5-6 disc could just be a little beat up from surgery and inflammation could be causing a minor impingement, but if symptoms continue I may need a new MRI and potential treatment in the future.  For now it's "wait and see."

I got a few cool photos of my x-rays though:

Front view

Side view

My gaming has been rather productive though.  Since surgery I've finished Transformers: War for Cybertron, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Batman: Arkham City, and Gears of War 3.  I finished more games in a little over a week than I have in the past three years.   icon_eek

For now I can only continue with walks around the neighborhood, and he said I can try out push-ups in small doses, no more than 10 at a time only a few times a day.  I may feel like I can do more, but I'm not cleared to, and absolutely no movements that could even remotely tweak my neck.  I'd be less concerned if pharmacy school didn't start on the 13th.  Day to day is the best I can do for now.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »

I can see why you still have a sore throat. It appears you have a whole Oreo cookie lodged in there.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2012, 09:05:09 AM »

Quote from: Biyobi on August 02, 2012, 08:22:26 AM

I can see why you still have a sore throat. It appears you have a whole Oreo cookie lodged in there.

I was thinking it was a bunch of raisins really. No more updates?slywink
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: