http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 02:24:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gone Gold Update  (Read 7591 times)
Rob_Merritt
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2004, 08:36:08 PM »

"Pulling a Peacedog."

Ouch, diet coke just shot out of my noise.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2004, 08:48:23 PM »

Yeah well a lot of people thought PD did an excellent job moderating, along with the rest of the staff. He was trying to keep the forun going the way Rich wanted it and as it grew it became harder and harder to do. You can't please everyone and the people complaining were often the times, at least to me, the people who were being the asses. On one hand you had people complaining the forums were going downhill, and on the other you had people complaining about heavy moderation. It was a thin line to walk and they did the best they could.

If I was PD I would be kind of thankful to be out of that job. smile
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2004, 08:53:41 PM »

Quote from: "Lee"
Yeah well a lot of people thought PD did an excellent job moderating, along with the rest of the staff. He was trying to keep the forun going the way Rich wanted it and as it grew it became harder and harder to do. You can't please everyone and the people complaining were often the times, at least to me, the people who were being the asses. On one hand you had people complaining the forums were going downhill, and on the other you had people complaining about heavy moderation. It was a thin line to walk and they did the best they could.

If I was PD I would be kind of thankful to be out of that job. smile

No doubt.  not to mention how totally classless it is to bring your personal beefs over to a new forum that has been very accomodating.  No one wanted to see people trashing the mods over at GG and I daresay no one wants to see it here either.
unbreakable
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2004, 09:34:05 PM »

who is trashing a mod?
RPGHero
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2004, 09:41:16 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
From #GG, found it amusing-

Peacedogging: Bad moderation of online forums. Also, "Pulling a Peacedog."

Later...

Quote from: "unbreakable"
who is trashing a mod?

Here let me save you some steps.

[me] I believe you were trashing a mod above.

[you] Oh no, you've got me all wrong.  I can't believe you would say that about me.  This is obviously an attempt to smear my name.  I'm offended, you should be banned.

[me] I'm just responding to what you wrote above.

[you] There you are again!  Troll alert!  Troll alert!!!

I'm done.
GoblinToe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2004, 09:51:11 PM »

In before the lock!

Oops!  Sorry, habit there.  slywink

Hi, all!  Man, I was seriously starting to wonder about GG there for a minute and had to start snooping around, and I find you all here and at Quartertothree.  I sure hope Rich is ok and all of this was just a cause of something overlooked (like a payment).  I'd be totally shocked if Rich just pulled the plug without giving someone the option of taking over GG, which I'm sure any number of us would have gladly done.  Sure, the main site has been dead for a long time, but the GoneGold forums were still one of the best gaming hangouts on the Net!

Btw - Hiya, Ebonstone!  Good to seeya again.

Well, here's hoping that Rich is in good health and nothing horrible has happened.

PS. I was just about to update the "Shavin' the boys" thread, too...darn.
unbreakable
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2004, 09:53:07 PM »

doesnt trashing a mod assume that the person im taking about be a moderator?  Perhaps Im missing something.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2004, 09:53:47 PM »

Rich told me that he had it set up that Andy would take over gone gold if he wasn't able to run it. So he had thought about it.

Andy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2004, 10:29:47 PM »

Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"
Rich told me that he had it set up that Andy would take over gone gold if he wasn't able to run it. So he had thought about it.

this has been the understanding between Rich and myself for years, but he never gave me the password I need to be recognized by the company hosting the site, so I can't do much at the moment. frown
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: